Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Jarrod1937...  
Full Name Jarrod Christman
Nickname Jarrod1937 
State/Province, Country OH   United States
GD Gathering City centerville, OH, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.jarrodchristman.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID metalgearsolido8 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Lead Artist-Mainland Gaming 
Job Description Evironment, prop artist, coordinate artwork of other artist in team 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1265  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/22/2005 7:13:46 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Improving Your Computers Performance Here is another article/guide i wrote for my site. This covers some general and advanced methods for tweaking for performance. I hope you find it helpful. Whether or not this gets stickied though is up the the moderator. Improving Your Computers P... 
Posted July 16, 2008 5:36:43 PM
First attempt at concept art This is my first attempt at any sort of drawing/painting within photoshop. i did it for a photoshop class (introductory, nothing exciting), while we were supposed to simply blend images together to show a scene progressing through time... i decided t... 
Posted March 10, 2007 4:28:09 AM
Adobe Illustrator drawings i took an illustrator class this quarter, first time using the program. these are some images i did. the feature mainly shows my experiementation with gradiant meshes. the second is just a quick line drawing i did in about 30-35 min. 
Posted June 10, 2007 12:17:42 AM
RAID - Information and Tutorial I wrote this article for my site, which i decided to do since recently i upped my raid setup from a raid 0 to a raid 10 and figured i could show the concepts and ideas behind the process. So, hopefully i have achieved my goal at making the concepts c... 
Posted July 10, 2008 8:56:36 PM
Sound Wave Phase Shift When does phase shifting/reversal happen with sound waves? If a sound wave of a particular phase hits a wall, is its phase effectively reversed? Does its wavelength affect its phase, both alone and when being inverted? Just wondering for a little pe... 
Posted October 6, 2008 11:14:01 PM
How to check patents Anyone have any idea how to track down if there are any similar patents before an attempt to patent something? It seems like there are too many patents that use similar terms to make general computer searching efficient. Thanks in advance 
Posted September 12, 2008 7:00:11 PM
Odd Vista Problem - Need Help I am quite confused at this point. Basically almost every time i restart my computer i get this bsod (paraphrased): "windows/system32/config/security could not be loaded, nor its log or backup file" Basically it sounds like your normal corrupted... 
Posted September 2, 2008 8:45:31 PM
SSD Tutorial After doing some research for work (speeding up database io operations) i cameup with an interesting idea. Why not build your own Dram based SSD? After all, doing such would allow greater control over every aspect of it (ecc...etc). So, i wrote a q... 
Posted August 15, 2008 12:02:36 PM
Requesting Help To Revise Articles I have three guides in these forums that are stickied. 1.)Beginners Guide to Video Game Art - In Visual Arts 2.)A Guide and Tutorial To RAID - In Hardware 3.)General Computer Performance Guide - In Hardware However, these guides/articles wer... 
Posted July 25, 2008 1:43:02 PM
Tip on any anime series to watch? I just got done watching Ghost in The Shell- SAC. It was interesting, but not as complex and thought provoking as some mentioned it to be. I'm now looking for suggestions on similar shows, or shows more complex if possible. Any suggestions? T... 
Posted June 26, 2008 3:28:27 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
IDE Performance Check your IDE cable. The older cables were purely 40 wire conductor cables. However, when IDE updated the standard it increased the number to 80 wires (the extra wires are just more grounds to limit crosstalk). However, using a 40 wire cable o... 
Posted March 10, 2009 6:54:33 PM
Revenues for PC Games Quote:Original post by RivieraKid can you pirate games on steam? Yep, you can download the game files, install steam, then overwrite the steam files with a cracked version. This version bypasses the online check.  
Posted November 18, 2008 2:28:53 PM
Any Advice on Drawing Waterfalls? I would take a photo of some water spray, add motion blur to it, and then elongate your particles. That should give some good results. Waterfalls look the way they do because of motion blur, if you're not going to add any to your rendering, you need... 
Posted November 14, 2008 7:16:43 PM
Speakers that don't go "beep beep beep" when you use your cellphones The actual signal traveling through the speaker wires is low voltage and high current. Meaning it would take quite a lot to inject interference into the signal. If you do have any interference it is likely on the amplification end. You either ne... 
Posted November 14, 2008 2:28:58 PM
Fringed pixels in complex image (Photoshop) I assume he means if you're using a quick mask or the alpha channel. Using brightness/contrast on the 8 bit grayscale channel, you can eliminate the in between pixels to 100% opacity pixels. However, while i use this technique myself, you need t... 
Posted November 13, 2008 2:14:47 PM
Fringed pixels in complex image (Photoshop) The only way to remove them from exisitng works is the manual method. Either by duplicating the layers as you have been doing or by limiting your selection to only 100% opacity pixels and deleting all other pixels. However, to prevent this... 
Posted November 10, 2008 11:22:06 AM
New machine, should I use Vista 64? I too use Vista 64 and could not be happier. However, even though i may get yelled at for doing so, i enabled the true admin account and completly did away with uac. In its place i use tea timer to monitor all registry edits by any program. To me i... 
Posted November 7, 2008 4:19:01 PM
Fast hard drives Quote:Original post by davepermen I don't see an actual reason for raptors at all. an ordinary disk is close to the same performance. no one needs a raptor or an ssd right now. and if one wants more performance, ssd's are a bigger step tha... 
Posted November 7, 2008 1:40:47 PM
Fast hard drives Quote:Original post by davepermen well, the prices for ssd's are in movement. and the latency difference of x80 from a raptor to an ssd is a feelable and great difference. getting a 64gb ssd for 389$ is not that much of an investment for the high... 
Posted November 6, 2008 1:41:23 PM
Fast hard drives Quote:Original post by BeanDog Quote:Original post by Jarrod1937 Quote:Original post by davepermen dude, just get some ssd's and raid0 them up to any performance you want :) see here i'm currently waiting for two mtron 3500 64gb for a raid0.... 
Posted November 6, 2008 12:12:57 PM
View All Replies Made By This User