Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know hitman200ca...  
Full Name Adam Hewgill
Nickname hitman200ca 
State/Province, Country Ontario   Canada
GD Gathering City Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://ahewgill.no-ip.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/5/2005 7:30:11 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
GLSL Noise Performance Hello, Has anyone experimented with any of the noise family of functions in GLSL? I am finding that they are not implemented or poorly implemented. This document by Mark Kilgard notes that noise on NVidia cards returns 0 always. http:/... 
Posted September 22, 2005 10:55:07 PM
OpenGL 2.0 for C/C++ I was working on getting GLSL support in my application using stuff from the latest ATI SDK and after I finally got it all working at OpenGL 2.0 level I deceided to wrapped it up into a zip for people to use. Most stuff is from the ATI SDK and... 
Posted August 12, 2005 12:47:00 AM
Half-Life 1 Electricity and Beams Does anybody know how Valve did the Electricy and Beams in Half-Life 1. They are very versitle and look different in a lot of cases. They also seem to be 3D. I have experimented with triangle strips so far but they look no where near as good. ... 
Posted January 5, 2005 7:45:55 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
GLSL Noise Performance Thanks very much everyone. I did search the forum with no luck but the google idea worked like a charm. I have an email into ATI regarding the issue so I will post their reply (if I get one).  
Posted September 23, 2005 8:42:40 AM
Current support for GLSL vs. ARB_fragment_program I agree. Make sure you check the version strings at the top of your program just incase. Maybe phantom you could post your shader that uses shadow2Dproj(). Here is the code to check your card driver information. // Print OpenGL driver inf... 
Posted August 16, 2005 8:02:21 AM
Current support for GLSL vs. ARB_fragment_program ARB_fragment_shader was completed by the ARB around 8-10 months after ARB_fragment_program so I would guess that all cards that support ARB_fp support ARB_fs as well. GLSL is used for ARB_fs as well as OpenGL 2.0 so they are essentially the same.... 
Posted August 15, 2005 2:05:52 PM
OpenGL 2.0 for C/C++ Looks like it probably is. I didn't look at what else is out there currently in the community for OpenGL 2.0 support. This stuff is all just code available from ATI and SGI that I hacked together for my own use but though other might be interested... 
Posted August 12, 2005 8:02:12 AM
Half-Life 1 Electricity and Beams I've looked into using translucent lines but (in OpenGL) the maximum line width is pretty weak and the lines don't join well causing broken elbow syndrome. It must be something different as you guys suggest for the curvy lines to work and look nice.... 
Posted January 6, 2005 8:48:17 AM
View All Replies Made By This User