Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Dr Default...  
Full Name  
Nickname Dr Default 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1025  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/18/2004 6:36:56 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent replies made on our forums
Providing the player incentives instead of "paths" Hmmm... there's some cool ideas here, but to react to the initial post: I think there's an inverse relationship between quality and openness of gameplay. As a stereotypical example, take Half-Life 2 - zero options and total linearity; but that lets... 
Posted December 15, 2006 5:01:39 PM
Top-down tactical shooter/rpg? DvDmanDT - about engines/porting... while I have no authority on the subject (or even actual knowledge), I still think you should be wary of making your own engine. I find it always seems like a good idea to make an engine with total flexibility... 
Posted December 3, 2006 5:56:12 PM
I want criticism of my story-closed Some criticism... The intellectually challenged narrator is not convincing. He knows what "24/7" and "customers' rights" mean, and can frame fairly abstract concepts - "our little town has become very popular", "sweeping clients' pockets" - but h... 
Posted November 19, 2006 6:06:35 PM
Questions on Programming I once downloaded a utility for Half-Life 1 called Rmap that pasted together premade rooms according to simple rules and with some variation in proportions to create 'random' single-player maps. I don't know if this is the sort of thing you're t... 
Posted September 10, 2006 6:48:55 PM
Encicra Gamings: MMO: Pre-story I think the story would read better if you didn't use the passive voice so much. Tell us who did the action. Instead of saying, 'It was early 2006 when North America was finally attacked', you could say: 'The hidden enemy finally attacked North Ameri... 
Posted November 13, 2005 7:05:31 AM
My Story (Feedback please) The derivation of your names is a bit obvious - use something other than simple latin-ish words. Also, if the game is about the Deitys' offspring, then you should tell us about them. And I'd be interested to know what the world is like too. 
Posted November 5, 2005 7:25:47 PM
An extract I think the rhythm and the words work well. I don't know if I could take a whole novel of it though... maybe the it's a little too powerful or intense. It's still good! - Dr Default 
Posted December 29, 2004 7:06:39 PM
View All Replies Made By This User