Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know xaver...  
Full Name  
Nickname xaver 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.z2games.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1102  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/18/2005 9:38:14 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
My next completed game, Cognizance Cognizance is a 2D horizontal shooter game that combines a traditional shooter with puzzle and RPG elements. Get through all of the phases and defeat the boss at the end to win! We have entered it in shmup-dev's horizontal shooter contest. ... 
Posted March 27, 2006 8:37:03 PM
What to do when the initial design isn't fun? I've seen a lot of initial planning being done when it comes to game design. What if, after you actually implemented what you have planned, the game is not as fun as you thought it would be? Sure, it sounds fun on paper, but it can end up comp... 
Posted March 14, 2006 6:53:36 PM
New HGE tutorials complete I've just completed tutorials on HGE (Haaf's Game Engine), a hardware accelerated 2D game engine. You can view them at the Game Programming Wiki, using the following link: HGE tutorial It is newbie-friendly and doesn't touch on the... 
Posted January 22, 2006 5:09:26 AM
Zirconia 2: Battle, version 1.1 My 4E4 game, Zirconia 2, is at version 1.1. Nothing really major, but several bugs dealing with sound volume have been fixed. Some new cards have been added, most notably additions to reward cards on hard mode. Sorry, no multiplayer... 
Posted December 7, 2005 6:36:52 PM
[4E4] #17: Zirconia 2 Battle Our 4E4 entry is a different kind of 2D-shooter in that you battle a computer-controlled opponent indirectly. 2 players are playing 2D-shooters: you on the left and the computer opponent on the right. You can't interact directly wit... 
Posted November 3, 2005 10:41:05 PM
Error when uploading I'm receiving a "550 Permission Denied" error when uploading my entry to the incoming folder of ftp.gamedev.net. I had started to upload my entry before, and then cancelled the upload because I forgot to add something. Now when I try uploading ag... 
Posted October 30, 2005 5:05:38 AM
Download count Are the webstats programs, such as Awstats and Webalizer, accurate in keeping track of how many times a particular file was downloaded? I use CPanel X to access the stats pages for the aforementioned programs, then look for the appropriate filenam... 
Posted October 28, 2005 10:41:55 PM
hosting: pay per MB/GB plans? Has anyone had experience with hosting sites that offer pay-per-MB rates? For instance, www.nearlyfreespeech.net offers 1-cent per MB per month storage space and $1 per GB bandwidth. This seems like a really good deal to me. I don't need too much... 
Posted June 17, 2005 3:06:35 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
StarCraft 2! Glad to hear that it's not just another MMO. Though I was kinda wishing for a Diablo 3. I'm hoping that the release date doesn't keep getting pushed back like many other Blizzard titles. 
Posted May 19, 2007 6:26:12 AM
Your most depised game "features" Quote:Original post by Brickman Game: Most "exploration" type games such as Castlevania and Metroid, or any game where you learn new abilities as you go. Feature: Abilities that are really keys. Comments: This is just plain false advertising here.... 
Posted May 15, 2007 12:36:22 AM
Silly game idea Sounds like an interesting idea, but actually implementing it may be difficult. Are you considering a turn-based system or is it in real time? Plus how would you make the limitations known to the player? How does one know if you are giving... 
Posted June 9, 2006 12:47:57 AM
[4E5] Roll call! I think I will enter, but I won't have as much time to work on it since I am in the middle of another project at the moment. It will probably be a much simpler game than my entry for 4E4. I do agree that the elements are much tougher than la... 
Posted June 9, 2006 12:36:43 AM
Hobbox - First Game - Feedback welcomed! Nice twist on the platformer genre, congrats on completing your first game! :) I think the difficulty is a bit on the high side, as I was having trouble with level 3, even on the easiest setting. Another suggestion would be... 
Posted April 12, 2006 4:18:51 AM
Packaging Contest (Apr 1 - Oct 1) $300 Wow, that really is a weird theme, I might check this one out. It seems that competition may be fierce though, the entry list for their last contest had over 100 games! Wonder how strict they will be with judging the entries, and seeing if y... 
Posted March 29, 2006 5:55:40 AM
Auto Game Saves- good idea or bad idea? I have used autosaves in some of my games, but not that frequently. It also depends on what kind of game you are talking about. I think it is best to auto-save after a major event has happened (like completing a level). Players will use ways... 
Posted March 26, 2006 5:48:09 AM
De Caelum : Release and DevLog An interesting variation of the falling block games, but I find myself not using the "cache" element since I am often trying to complete lines and not having enough extra room to plan out the colors. Still a polished game nonetheless, congrats ... 
Posted March 26, 2006 5:34:11 AM
3H-GDC m.IV (Winners announced) I didn't really get to finish my entry, but at least it runs . The timing of the contest threw me off; I didn't actually start until 1.5 hours past start time :( It also didn't help that my base code was very sloppy. I scribbled up some quick st... 
Posted December 13, 2005 3:08:04 AM
3H-GDC m.IV (Winners announced) Mine is very simple, click on the carts to get money. They travel faster though depending on the amount of money you have. Q Carts (you know, like Q basic ) 
Posted December 10, 2005 1:18:19 PM
View All Replies Made By This User