Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Christian Schlager...  
Full Name  
Nickname Christian Schlager 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.googoobachoo.de 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1023  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/16/2002 8:01:25 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
3D World Scrolling like in Deathspank Tutorial Hi, this is a picture of my entry to the XNA Tutorial Contest over at www.sgtconker.com. My tutorial will feature step-to-step instructions to recreate the world scrolling effect you can see in games such as DeathSpank or Animal Crossing Wii. ... 
Posted July 22, 2010 11:50:23 AM
Paipa - A steampunk puzzle game for the Xbox Live Indie Games Channel I released a steampunk puzzle game called Paipa on the XBox Live Indie Games Channel and I thought 
Posted May 20, 2010 11:11:26 AM
I am looking for a 2D/3D artist to finish a small xbla puzzle game. Project name: Punk Pipes Puzzler (working title) Brief description: - remake of a simple puzzle game - rotate pipes to form a connection from the left to the right - you will have to use tools to unlock pipes before you can rotate them - sing... 
Posted July 23, 2009 7:19:01 PM
Follow-up question to the FAQ9: NAT Punch-through Hi, I created a simple game for two players using Winsock. However, both me and my tester sit behind routers. I've read up on NAT, Punch-Through and introducer systems. However, do I really need all that? I could get my proper IP address... 
Posted November 6, 2007 9:04:48 AM
Looking for that ninja game with ropes and dojos and random levels Uh, some years ago a 2d sidescroller was posted here, where a ninja would jump through randomly created levels from dojo to dojo and bamboo trees. The player could shoot a rope which sticks to the buildings and the player could swing with the rope an... 
Posted December 28, 2006 6:14:13 AM
What Render/Texture/Sampler State does what? I have several effects, particles and solid objects in my engine and they all have to be rendered differently. For instance the smoke particles have texture alpha, but the particle have to fade out over time, which i do with vertex alpha. Now i am... 
Posted November 14, 2005 5:46:57 AM
Stack overflow in my code. But where? Hi. when executing my code i get untreated exception: stack overflow and debugger points out a line in some file called CHKSTK.ASM: ..some stuff.. ;------------ probepages: sub ecx,_PAGESIZE_ ; yes, move down... 
Posted January 25, 2005 4:19:17 PM
I need help: problem with additive blending. Hi there, im using additive blending to get some kind of smoke effect. Unfortunately this is what the smoke looks like: See how the rectangles of the particles are visible? that shouldn't be! Is there something missing in the code? d3ddev... 
Posted July 28, 2004 4:57:46 AM
My angle computation code doesnt work...What does -1.#J mean? Hi, my tank is driving across a terrain and this code computes the angles to align it with the polygon beneath: // tank normal D3DXVECTOR3 tank_normal = D3DXVECTOR3(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); // Polygon normal D3DXVECTOR3 poly_normal = D3DXVECTOR3(... 
Posted April 4, 2004 10:54:23 AM
little help ?!? Hi, damn it, my program always stops at this part: // Pointer at vertex CUSTOMVERTEX *pVertices = NULL; // load vertexbuffer from terrainmesh LPD3DXBASEMESH base_mesh = land.mesh.mesh; if (FAILED(base_mesh->LockVertexBuffer(D3DLOCK_READONL... 
Posted January 2, 2004 6:40:16 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Follow-up question to the FAQ9: NAT Punch-through I am using C# and XNA and the equivalent seems to be IPAddress.HostToNetworkOrder(8000). But no, I havent. Using it causes my spritefont-output-thingy to crash with the weirdest of error messages: The character 'ß' (0x00df) is not available in this... 
Posted November 8, 2007 1:43:24 PM
Follow-up question to the FAQ9: NAT Punch-through Thanks for your replies :) Can I choose a random port, say 8000? I mean, from that range of allowed ports? In my two-player game, do we both have to have port forwarding set up or only the host? edit: I tried hosting a game with setting... 
Posted November 6, 2007 3:41:00 PM
Solitaire RULES Half Life DROOLS anywhere, anytime, is more of a general expression. What i wanted to say is that the tools you need to masturbate are right there with you all the time. (btw just like solitaire is installed on almost every windows computer) 
Posted March 6, 2005 7:09:14 AM
Solitaire RULES Half Life DROOLS comparing Halflife and Solitaire is a it bit like comparing sex and masturbation. You can masturbate anywhere anytime and its quite ok. Sex on the other hand needs more effort (another person, dates, dinner, flowers), control combinations so t... 
Posted March 5, 2005 8:57:08 PM
Stack overflow in my code. But where? thanks for all the help, people. as i said, stack overflow occurs only, if i make the arrays larger, i.e. from #define TERRAIN 64 vertices[TERRAIN][TERRAIN] to #define TERRAIN 128 vertices[TERRAIN][TERRAIN]. (sorry for not bein... 
Posted January 30, 2005 8:54:38 AM
Stack overflow in my code. But where? oh yeah, thanks zaidgs, your explanation and the other thread makes sense. i'll try that. 
Posted January 25, 2005 5:16:41 PM
Stack overflow in my code. But where? it happens, when i enlarge the terrain of my game from 64x64 to 128x128. erm, so vertices and normals are stored in vertices[128][128] and normals[128][128]. Go ahead and laugh.. anyway, stack flow probably means arrays too big. am i on th... 
Posted January 25, 2005 5:06:42 PM
Multiplayer 2D Tactical Shooter alpha download Loving it! 
Posted January 18, 2005 3:25:32 PM
Microcosm - First Beta Complete! [link fixed] archive corrupted..can't extract..judging from screenshot..game's cute 
Posted September 23, 2004 2:52:01 PM
I need help: problem with additive blending. Thanks for the replies, people. I went with ZWRITEENABLE, because i also stumbled across that just know when i followed through another tutorial (about point sprites)..  
Posted July 28, 2004 10:23:50 AM
View All Replies Made By This User