Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Pouya...  
Full Name Pouya Larjani
Nickname Pouya 
State/Province, Country Ontario   Canada
GD Gathering City Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.gamedev.net/columns/hardcore/tetris/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1512  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/6/2000 11:58:50 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
HO 2 MAEK TERTIS in 3213 sampel steps1!``
How to avoid reposting threads
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
'Undo' feature in Explorer... This is not an anti-Windows rant or anything, I just really hate this 'undo' thing in Explorer, and want to know if there's a way to disable it. Ok, so the feature isn't as annoying if you turn off your computer every night. But for my case, I've... 
Posted December 17, 2005 3:01:33 PM
Wow, Americans are against climate talks? Atricle So the summary is that Canada is inviting 189 nations for a 2 year sceintific talk on what to do to reduce greenhouse emissions. US rejected participating in it rightaway. As I understand, US was one of the countries who was h... 
Posted December 6, 2005 6:14:37 PM
[Canada] What do you think of Harper's latest talk about cancer? Stephen Harper promised this morning to develop a nation wade cancer repository. linky if you haven't read it already. The proposal is to put 250 million dollars to make a computer system for keeping records of cancer patients and treatments and... 
Posted December 10, 2005 4:23:20 PM
Redirecting mailto: links to webmail? Ok, I'll make the problem brief: I hate it when I click on a link and it ends up being a mailto: one and outlook express pops up. The outlook starts bitching at me "hey, why don't you set up your mail account now?" ... well, I don't want t... 
Posted December 7, 2005 12:40:12 PM
Small rant about video card benchmarks Ok, so some of you might know that benchmarks for a new graphics card was released today. I'm not going to name any cards or manufacturers at all, mostly because I don't care who made which and what the name is. The rant is about the "comparisons" th... 
Posted November 21, 2005 7:38:32 PM
MY futuristic idea bout cooling and heating Inspired by this thread, I have a totally new amazing cool idea!!! We all know that burning oil/gas is a limited resource for warming up during winters, and electrical heating puts a lot of pressure on our super fragile energy grid, so why d... 
Posted October 22, 2005 9:59:09 PM
Deluxe Chess Sets I'm looking into chess sets, and I don't have much money to burn on it, but I'm strangely attracted to the deluxe sets, some of them come on rather good prices. So I wanna know everone's opinion on what's good and bad: 1- Plastic... 
Posted October 14, 2005 10:18:28 PM
Document conversion (pdf/doc/... to html/txt) I suppose you guys have already seen how google converts all kinds of documents to some html-ish sort of document for searching (and also for their cache) Well, I've been trying to do something like that for a while. First I tried to use OpenOffic... 
Posted August 12, 2005 1:02:05 PM
What happened to the Hack IIS6? Some of your might rememberthe "Hack IIS 6" challenge that the Windows IT Pro guys set up. In case you guys missed it, Here is a google cache of the front page, and also the rules for it. So, if you actually try to go to http://www.hackiis6.com... 
Posted June 3, 2005 1:22:07 AM
Let's all welcome Indiana to 50 years ago! Quote:From here Indiana's governor on Friday signed a law that will make the entire state recognize Daylight Savings Time next year but whether the state will declare itself in the Central or Eastern time zones is still up in the air. Ok I a... 
Posted May 16, 2005 1:10:12 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Where did all the interesting discussions go? My lawyer said I should reply to this thread and say that I'm "happy" to see you all here, and that I'm very "sorry" I haven't been around that much. 
Posted July 28, 2010 1:22:42 PM
F.E.A.R. vs Girl Quote:Original post by capn_midnight does this, in its 9+ minutes run time, ever get entertaining? I only made it through 15 seconds before tl;dw, but I'm guessing it won't get any better than isolated badly recorded screeches 
Posted November 5, 2008 10:52:11 PM
Firefox Download Day OK, so they're aiming for the most (unnecessary) downloads in a day and the cost of bandwidth bill is proportional to the number of downloads. A ton of people who already have firefox and are running it will keep downloading it over and over so reach... 
Posted May 30, 2008 2:23:16 PM
Public Apology to GDEV and Microsoft ok 
Posted February 27, 2008 9:12:34 PM
Your New Year's Resolution My new year's resolution is over 9000 
Posted January 1, 2008 12:11:37 AM
Game developing... and women. I've heard women go crazy for hackers on steroids. 
Posted November 21, 2007 1:28:25 AM
Should we eat animals? Quote:Original post by Yeshua666 Herbivores, on the other hand, don't react with hunting behavior when they encounter smaller animals. Humans don't, either. Don't mistake civility with instincts. My cat's don't eat smaller animals eithe... 
Posted November 19, 2007 11:20:17 PM
Anyone not using XNA? I used Xna for a couple of months and then decided to go back to my beautiful OpenGL. Well, Tao.OpenGl, same deal. And I'm doing it all in F#. P.S. "Xna's Not an Acronym" has got to be one of the worst names ever. It was slightly funny whe... 
Posted November 8, 2007 11:36:30 AM
what else do i need? Building MMORPGs 
Posted November 7, 2007 11:09:02 PM
Math riddles It appears that the domain name goodmathriddles.com hasn't been registered yet. Maybe you should buy it? 
Posted November 7, 2007 1:14:58 PM
View All Replies Made By This User