Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know acidwillburnyou...  
Full Name  
Nickname acidwillburnyou 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 894  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/5/2006 3:47:04 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
The Unfinished Swan Just wanted to share this interesting game with you guys: Link. I didn't make it, but thought it would be an interesting read/try for anyone looking to get those creative juices flowing :D Cheers. 
Posted October 30, 2008 11:04:35 PM
[delete] [delete] [Edited by - acidwillburnyou on July 5, 2010 2:42:07 PM] 
Posted October 8, 2008 3:11:23 AM
I had a dream last night..... I know I haven't posted here in a while, but I just started my first term of electrical engineering last week. Anyways, I popped in to post about a dream I had... about gamedev being totally redesigned. No joke; I haven't had a dream in weeks that... 
Posted September 14, 2008 7:50:37 PM
[deleted] [deleted] [Edited by - acidwillburnyou on July 5, 2010 2:42:14 PM] 
Posted July 8, 2008 10:39:32 PM
Listing of Promising Projects I know there have been attempts at listing promising gamedev.net projects in the past, and as far as I know, have failed to remain up to date as a result of being separate from the gdnet domain. Now that we have our own wiki at wiki.gamedev.net, I th... 
Posted June 26, 2008 2:52:53 PM
Best birthday present My bday was a few days ago, and last night I got pretty much the present I had been wanting. I was accepted to Eletrical Engineering at University of Waterloo in Canada. I dunno how excited you all got when you were accepted to your respective colleg... 
Posted May 8, 2008 3:49:41 PM
I don't feel any different :S So it's my birthday today.. I turned 18! I don't feel very adulty yet :S. Being a teenager and acting like a kid was bad enough, i wonder what'll happen now. Caek pls! 
Posted May 2, 2008 8:18:27 AM
CNN Selling 'Gamedev Rocks' T-shirts! Link 
Posted April 21, 2008 3:52:40 PM
Static Error [solved] Getting JButton name? [solved] I'm trying to find out the 'name' of my JButton when it is clicked on (the name corresponds to the location of the button in the array). The when I click it, i'm getting a string that contains the name, but i'm not able to find a method that iso... 
Posted April 19, 2008 10:50:59 AM
"Armata Wars" Pre-development Bot Concepts Project Description: Armata Wars is a simple multiplayer arena-shooter being developed by UglyWart Studios. Taking place in a post apocalyptic existence, humanity is extinct and artificial intelligence is capable of harnessing the essence of nat... 
Posted April 13, 2008 12:22:45 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Solutions for XSS Attacks? Actually, the ONLY way to prevent XSS is to recreate the DOM using a whitelist approach. Escaping and regex blacklisting does NOT work. Check out HTMLPurifier for an excellent example of a library that does this. 
Posted May 16, 2009 4:02:17 AM
Running exe files on web host as dlangdev hinted, you don't need an expensive dedicated box to do this. Most VPS hosts will allow it (I don't see why they won't). Check out vpslink, linode or slicehost for linux vhosts, although i'm guessing you'll need a windows one. 
Posted May 10, 2009 1:21:40 AM
I think I broke my toe Ya, definitely get an xray taken. I had a fractured knee cap I didn't get checked for over a week a few years ago, and it was in a cast for almost 3 months because of worsened condition. 
Posted April 26, 2009 12:22:05 AM
Programming Portfolio Website I haven't read this thread, but i just wanted to say this, as a fellow Ontarian, is awesome :) Also, site is looking good! 
Posted April 20, 2009 4:28:29 AM
How to keep your site from getting 'framed'? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Framekiller 
Posted April 10, 2009 4:35:17 PM
Trying to learn HTML http://handbook.mediawrox.com is a great resource. Check it out once you get a hang of the basics :D 
Posted February 26, 2009 3:33:20 PM
Java !Boolean thing[solved] I believe that's the shortest way to assign the opposite value. 
Posted February 26, 2009 3:31:32 PM
Brower Based Turn Based Strategy Game Every time I have visited HW forums in the past 2 years, I've seen you working on a different game. You seriously should finish one of them at some point. Perhaps one of many Naruto or Pokemon ones? ;) 
Posted February 25, 2009 4:42:58 PM
Uploading a folder You are correct, this cannot be done with pure HTML forms. Your choices are some clever Ajax, or more simply Flash of Java. 
Posted February 22, 2009 12:13:29 PM
custom control with a TextBox in your css: textarea { border: 1px solid red; } would give it a 1 pixel solid red border. 
Posted February 11, 2009 7:59:06 AM
View All Replies Made By This User