Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know wackatronic...  
Full Name Eric Tomlinson
Nickname wackatronic 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Keller, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.monstrousentertainment.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Owner 
Job Description GOD 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1129  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/29/2004 8:19:09 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Disappointed Since starting this group way back when and having only 2 organized meetings, I've decided to drop my enrollment and concentrate on just getting development done. Good luck to you all and contact me if I can help out in anyway. Eric 
Posted April 4, 2006 5:30:41 PM
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Call for meeting times and locations! Can we all post a date/time/location that could be voted on so we can finally have another meeting? My requirements are: Weekends NET (No Earlier Than) 10:00 AM NLT (No Later Than) 7:00 PM Locations - Open except for strip clubs due to... 
Posted March 14, 2006 2:49:12 PM
Possible Meeting Dates I'm putting up the following dates as possible meeting times for the group. If you want another suggest it and we'll compare the responses. Not sure where we'll have the meeting but John has a new place ans hopefully we can meet there. If not, we'... 
Posted January 12, 2006 8:29:16 AM
DAL (Data Access Layer) Suggestions I was hoping to solicit some suggestions about what would be the best way to provide users the chice in selecting the database engine for my project and how to best support it. I was wanting to give the users the choice to chose between MSSQL (Mis... 
Posted January 13, 2006 5:26:08 PM
Process Monitoring I am building a backend system for gaming that will monitor processes on local and remote machines. Since I am looking to provide the most un-intrusive method of monitoring these processes, I am hoping someone with a little more experience can... 
Posted December 28, 2005 7:26:43 AM
January Meeting Since we all have taken a break over December, it's now time to plan for our next meeting. We have much to look forward to: New area for meetings - hopefully people can bring their PCs and show demos/collaborate Books - In return for a new... 
Posted December 30, 2005 5:53:04 AM
Adding Group Member Error When trying to moderate a new request for our group, I get the following error: Moderate Join Request Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80040e14' View or function 'UserProfileInfo_vw' has more column names specified tha... 
Posted December 16, 2005 4:57:31 AM
Meeting Synopsis? Could some one who made the November meeting please give the rest of us a brief synopsis of what went on? Even though I couldn't make it, I'm still interested in what went on. Thanks, Eric 
Posted November 18, 2005 5:45:59 AM
October 1st Meeting We're set for Saturday October 1, 2005 for our second meeting and our first at our new semi-pemanent location (provided by John Hattan). We hope to see you all there. 414 N. Main St Suite 13 Grapevine, TX 76051 
Posted September 26, 2005 12:58:58 PM
Meeting September 24th I will be working with John H. to set the time we can use the rental area. As soon as this is determined, I'll post the gathering. We'll be trying to get some swag from GDNet. Also, we'll leave a jar at the entrance for those who can help dona... 
Posted September 12, 2005 5:52:53 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Disappointed Quote:Original post by Dissolution I check the forum when I get a chance, but haven't had much time to contribute. It seems the lack of updates and any sort of group interaction have caused this group to stagnate and become forgotten by most of its... 
Posted April 24, 2006 2:51:21 PM
Possible Meeting Dates I've been waiting to try and get time to talk with John about having a meeting but with my project taking most of my off time, forward momentum has been nil for the meeting. I'll post a new message calling for dates/times and we'll go from there. 
Posted March 14, 2006 2:45:25 PM
Possible Meeting Dates We've got to get something setup for the later part of Feb or the beginning part of March! 
Posted February 16, 2006 12:03:11 PM
Raph Koster of SOE on the future of MMOs Just becuase someone is in the industry and in a place of power, does not make he or she an expert. In this case, he's more like a turnip! 
Posted February 16, 2006 12:01:59 PM
Possible Meeting Dates I, too, am located out in Lewisville, but I am open to travelling where most of the attendees are located. I'll leave the location up to those who want to attend! 
Posted February 9, 2006 11:15:55 AM
Possible Meeting Dates I couldn't get a response from John H. about the meeting space. I PM and called (left message) and didn't get a response. I'll try again soon so we can get together again. We might have to take the restaurant venue again. Eric 
Posted February 6, 2006 10:17:38 AM
Possible Meeting Dates My daughter's got a Matchbox Van you can have! ::): 
Posted January 19, 2006 10:53:53 AM
Possible Meeting Dates I was hoping John H. would post with a yea/nay on the dates since we need a place to meet at? I'll call him sometime early this week and see what dates he has open. 
Posted January 16, 2006 1:48:20 AM
DAL (Data Access Layer) Suggestions What I was hoping for was a way to get around the differences between engines and use a generic DAL so I would have duplicated code that was provider specific. This way, the users could define which povider and wouldn't have to do anything else out... 
Posted January 15, 2006 11:00:30 AM
DAL (Data Access Layer) Suggestions Thanks. I had looked at MSDN but didn't see the best practices for DAL. Hopefully it can be modified to work with mutiple database engines. Thanks 
Posted January 14, 2006 11:49:32 AM
View All Replies Made By This User