Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know nini...  
Full Name anis refoufi
Nickname nini 
State/Province, Country Rhone-Alpes   France
GD Gathering City lyon, Rhone-Alpes, France
Contact Info
Homepage URL anisrefoufi.free.fr 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Rendering programmer 
Job Description shader / 3d engine code 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1034  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/5/2004 4:41:13 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
how to simulate a depth with a cube map ? hi does anyone has simulated a depth with a cubemap ? i tried to sample the cubemap with the viewdirection but when the camera moves , this cause the view dir to be rotated and then the cubemap become misaligned with the geometry so the texture sh... 
Posted August 23, 2008 2:39:25 PM
branching problem in hlsl hi community , consider this snippet of hlsl for a deferred renderer i write a material ID in alpha of albedo : albedo.a = matID; when drawing the g-buffer matID is a global variable declared as an integer. in a fullscreen quad pass , i t... 
Posted July 29, 2008 7:56:53 AM
Deferred shading material system Hi community , i have a deffered renderer working but i'm wondering why others use a material ID stored in a volume texture (see stalker slide on gems2)? actually i store the basemap comming from texture and spec power in one render targe... 
Posted July 22, 2008 2:43:24 AM
shader matrix problem Hi community , i encounter a strange behavior with shaders and matrices in D3D , consider the following snippet of code to build a world matrix : orientation.world._11 = 1; orientation.world._21 = 0; orientation.world._31 = 0; orientation.w... 
Posted May 30, 2008 4:10:11 PM
3dsmax uv's Hi all , i'm writting an exporter for 3dsmax , actually it's okay for all cases where geometry doesn't overlap (a sphere for example is a case where it doesn't work) I know that max use Texture Array for the coords and we need to duplicate the verti... 
Posted May 22, 2008 11:19:44 AM
variance shadow map and z metric Hi community , I have the following pipeline : deferred shading using linear z , so i want to reuse the linear z texture for the shadow comparison but it's not ok... Here is what i do : // LINEAR Z TEXTURE stock z component in view spa... 
Posted May 6, 2008 10:34:03 AM
AnisFX Hi community , i present my passionate work. It's an individual project with eight months work in a spare time (i've a work and a familly so i only get some hours per week for dev, but i'really love this like you all i think...) I've no artist... 
Posted March 7, 2008 11:53:50 AM
DLL problem why ??? (c++) Dear community , consider the following case : i have a class CMaterial : public CSerializable where CSerializable is an abstract class that define methods for saving and writing to a file. the method looks like this in CMaterial which is implem... 
Posted January 30, 2008 3:47:13 AM
Pbm with deferred shading shaders Hi all , i have deferred shading working with the worldpos reconstruction from depth , i save z/w in a R32F format and reconstruct the worldpos. This works fine. But when i move the camera the lighting seems to blink , if the camera is static the li... 
Posted November 29, 2007 3:38:57 AM
Deferred Shading question Hi all , i managed to implement a deferred renderer but i store position as a vec3 , now i want to store only the distance in a render target. How to reconstruct the world position from that ? i've searched on and i found that someone i... 
Posted October 1, 2007 5:50:19 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
FBX SDK normals it depends on what options have been setted in your fbx exporter, by default the exporter will smooth your normals. There is an option in order not do it , split normal at edge. Hopes this help 
Posted July 15, 2010 3:12:10 AM
trying to perfect a pixel shader effect So you want dp3 lighting constant and particularly specular : Maybe it's not what you want because it is really simple , but why don't take your Normal in object space and consider that your view vector is constantly looking downward to your torus ?... 
Posted July 12, 2010 5:55:25 PM
Chunked LOD Normals question Unless i missed something , if your patch of terrain is always the same but only shifted by an offset , the tangents and binormals are always the same 0,0,1 for binormal and 1,0,0 for normal ... Consider u on tangent space ( you alrea... 
Posted July 12, 2010 11:06:25 AM
Chunked LOD Normals question Quote:Original post by Shanee Thanks! Question though: How would you calculate the normal in the vertex buffer from the height map? That's not a difficult thing all you have to do is sample your heightmap 5 times in a diamond with texcoord be... 
Posted July 12, 2010 5:40:30 AM
Chunked LOD Normals question First GPU is a parallel architecture so like all parallel architecture you need some locking mechanism if multiple threads access the same data. this applies for gpu too 1) you can compute your normals from the heightmap directly in vertex shader... 
Posted July 8, 2010 5:10:25 PM
In Normal mapping(Bump Mapping), what does green color mean in DirectX (or LHS) ? Quote:Original post by InvalidPointer They mean the same thing; that LHS/RHS stuff is outdated nonsense with programmable shading. The only thing that matters is what handedness the specific application you're writing (and not the underlying gr... 
Posted July 8, 2010 4:40:27 PM
0xC0000005, 0xfeeefeee errors - vector based headaches I will give you 2 common pitfalls : 1) Stack allocated objects If you put pointers into your vector and have simply put an adress of a stack allocated object , when you leave the scope of your function , the object allocated on stack wil... 
Posted June 30, 2010 6:27:58 PM
hlsl #of operations in Bilinear interpolate Be more precise with your question , are you talking about fetching a texture in a shader with bilinear filtering on or you want to make it for yourself ? If this is the case i will try to give you a precise and correct answer. First of al... 
Posted June 30, 2010 6:12:01 PM
Mipmapping/anti-aliasing projected textures? Quote:If you enable mip-mapping, this should happen automatically as well, without any manual management or changes to the shader. yep u are right on this. So just try to generate the mip and apply linear filtering on it.  
Posted February 9, 2010 7:17:24 AM
Determining shadow projection for non-intersecting points Hi, You must maintain a technique like depth buffering otherwise you can't determine which is the nearest point. Why don't you track the distances of intersection and points and take only the shortest nonnegative distances from the set if y... 
Posted February 9, 2010 5:58:59 AM
View All Replies Made By This User