Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know phresnel...  
Full Name  
Nickname phresnel 
State/Province, Country Nordrhein-Westfalen   Germany
GD Gathering City Nettetal, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://phresnel.org 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1550  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/22/2008 3:23:22 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
picogen 0.3: release Full quality renderings can be found at http://picogen.deviantart.com, more specifically at the gallery -- Picogen is also identi.ca, deviantART and twitter, of course. changelog. After a bunch of beta-releases, which circled mainly aroun... 
Posted July 22, 2010 11:50:30 AM
MinGWer - a MinGW distro I stuffed together several packages into a new MinGW distribution, mostly binaries directly from upstream (except for boost), and pushed this project onto googlecode. Currently, it contains: GCC 4.5.0 (from upstream at http://mingw.sf.... 
Posted May 11, 2010 10:00:42 AM
picogen 0.3 - release in tangible range Full quality renderings can be found at http://picogen.deviantart.com, more specifically at the gallery; here are direct links to the featured imagery: Like a bird in the skyA smooth riseEarly i 
Posted April 15, 2010 10:45:52 AM
loufoque When I look at loufoques rating , it's -79. When I look at his posts, e.g. in this thread, I don't see them anymore. Now I can't decide whether he has deleted all his posts, or if I just can't see them because I can't configure the minimum rat... 
Posted September 22, 2009 8:19:04 AM
picogen 0.2: Funeral, Pt. 2 This is the second post that celebrates the funeral of picogen 0.2, as for a complete rewrite (apart from the screenshot of the editor, which 
Posted July 10, 2009 11:37:09 AM
picogen 0.2: Funeral, Pt. 1 AboutI hereby post some older picogen renditions, in an act of burying old picogen 0.2. Picogen 0.2 is a terrain rendering and synthesizing tool based on Ray Tracing. It supports programmable h 
Posted April 16, 2009 6:33:54 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
[C++] Iterator: Assert failed. Why assert fails here? Quote:Original post by Zipster It's a remnant of the days when compilers weren't as good and would potentially generate a temporary iterator, but any modern compiler is smart enough to know when the temporary isn't needed. Choose whichever one... 
Posted January 7, 2011 6:57:22 AM
[C++] Iterator: Assert failed. Why assert fails here? Quote:1) Do we use rbegin() and rend() just because end() points to a non-existing element, or is there other reasons? Basically yes. You get off by one in the reverse iteration case, therfore there's reverse iterators and rbegin()/rend(). ... 
Posted January 7, 2011 6:29:05 AM
QRegExp doubt !! <rant>SO WAS THIS OF ANY HELP. I'LL START A BLACKLIST OF PEOPLE I AM NOT GOING TO HELP ANYMORE. IT IS A WASTE OF TIME TRYING TO HELP SOMEONE AND THEN NOT LEARNING WHETHER IT WAS MEANINGFUL OR NOT. I FEEL TWITTED BY THE OP IF HE SPENDS LESS TIME... 
Posted January 7, 2011 5:13:45 AM
G++ compiler being weird. Quote:Original post by ApochPiQ What happens if you just do g++ -c Foo.cpp instead of including the .h files on the command line? I guess this is a rhethoric question or a riddle. In case of a riddle, here is my answer: If you put X and Y... 
Posted January 7, 2011 5:10:27 AM
[C++] Iterator: Assert failed. Why assert fails here? It's either for (std::vector<T>::const_reverse_iterator it=m_Coefficients.rbegin(); it!=m_Coefficients.rend(); ++it) or for (std::vector<T>::const_iterator it=m_Coefficients.begin(); it!=m_Coefficients.end();... 
Posted January 7, 2011 4:46:33 AM
Is "Real-Time Rendering, A.-Moller et. al." a good reference? I don't own a copy. But, 0) the term "Real Time Rendering" is in my mind, so it must be significant 1) all the author's names are in my mind, they are significant 2) customer reviews are awesome except for a 1-star that whines about missing p... 
Posted January 6, 2011 10:58:33 AM
overloading == operator Right the first paragraph beyond the link I posted contains an example. Hint: You define it as a non-member function. The rest is equal to ordinary functions (in fact, overloaded operators are mostly so called syntactic sugar to ordinary function... 
Posted January 6, 2011 10:49:25 AM
overloading == operator Quote:Original post by rip-off Quote:but you can overload ... (MyClass*, const float&) I don't believe you can - these are two primitive types (effectively). Oops, you are right. Looked it up, they must be of enum or class (*) type, and pointer... 
Posted January 6, 2011 10:42:21 AM
overloading == operator Read me. Basically, as long as a custom type is part of your operator overload, you can do it. You can't overload (int,int), but you can overload (MyClass,MyClass), (MyClass*, const float&) et cetera. 
Posted January 6, 2011 10:20:49 AM
Can hardware of today handle processes like realistic characters, background I try in not too computerish terms: Not really. Everybody's faking the ass out of hardware. And that exact faking is what makes having years of developing experience mandatory, because good faking is not easy. Waiting to see what others say :) 
Posted January 6, 2011 9:32:52 AM
View All Replies Made By This User