Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know of_ownage...  
Full Name  
Nickname of_ownage 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1007  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/20/2007 7:59:42 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Lorcraft Hi, i wanted to present the project i am working on for the last two and a half year. Its a oblivion/diablo like game, and this is a small demo i created. The whole game has around 110.000 lines of code and contains a lot of stuff. ... 
Posted February 13, 2010 12:45:39 PM
plane plane test hello i got some problems with plane/plane math. I have 2 frustums defined by 6 planes from Type: D3DXPLANE. So now i want to check if from frustum A Plane0 (NearPlane) is visible for the FrustumB. As far as i know i must now check this Plane... 
Posted July 30, 2009 7:11:57 AM
cube map filtering ... hi :) does anyone knows how to filter cube maps in directx 9? I use them for point light shadow mapping but i cannot get the filtering to work. In the nvidia example (one of the only one that even do it) i found this Example 12... 
Posted July 28, 2009 8:49:16 AM
unreachable code??? BUT WHY?^^ hi, i have this piece of code. bool CJobManager::IsNPCPerformingAJob(NPC* npc) { std::map<DWORD, std::vector<NPCJob*>>::iterator j = m_NPCJobs.begin(); //check all jobs for(; j != m_NPCJobs.end(); j++) ... 
Posted July 25, 2009 7:05:34 AM
binary search in shader nevermind found it out :) [Edited by - of_ownage on July 22, 2009 12:48:27 PM] 
Posted July 22, 2009 11:21:52 AM
LockRect on a texture hi guys, i have a problem with manually writting to a texture. I have this texture creation code. g_Device->CreateTexture( 256, 1, 1, 0, D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16, D3DPOOL_MANAGED, m_ResponseTexture, NULL ); is D3DFMT_A16B16G1... 
Posted July 22, 2009 8:38:46 AM
-1.#IND00 avoid hi :) when i save a .x file i sometimes get float values that look like this: template whatever { float x; float y; flaot z; }; whatever test { 10.0; -1.#IND00; 10.0; } im not sure where they come from, but is th... 
Posted July 17, 2009 10:30:37 AM
strange visual studio behavior hey :) i got a problem i never had with vs 2005. I build my project as always and then i start it. Ok everything fine. Now i exit the application and build again (Strg + F5). Now it starts to compile again some files. They are around 25 and i... 
Posted June 1, 2009 12:15:21 PM
COM INTERFACES hi, i got some problems with this crap stuff^^ i got a ID3DXFONT* created with D3DXCreateFontIndirect(); so as far as i know this increments the reference count from my Device. Now i got some memory leaks 0.62mb, and i wanted to clear th... 
Posted May 30, 2009 1:34:47 PM
2 questions about DX hi:) i got 2 questions about directx. 1) How can i detect if im in Scene, means if Device->BeginScene() was called? if i do it twice i get a error (cannot go in scene, if already) but how do i detect it like: if(InScene == false)... 
Posted May 29, 2009 3:14:01 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Lorcraft manully :) It uses fixed joints, because the other were bugged all the time. Sometimes it looks really cool when ragdoll comes into action but sometimes char disapears or simply fly away. Building a mesh -> ragdoll auto generation tool... 
Posted February 21, 2010 2:50:42 PM
Lorcraft sry for my late reply :) so this is the Vertex and Pixel Shader: No Shadow, no normal, up to 2 additional lights /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // // no fog no normal mapping 2 lights //... 
Posted February 18, 2010 4:31:43 AM
Lorcraft thanks for the replies :) ye i think lighting is the major problem in the game. I think some additions like SSAO, Shadow Mapping from Sun and Parallax mapping would improve the scene a lot. If i can this stuff to work in a single project, i... 
Posted February 14, 2010 1:25:04 PM
Excercises in Optimization maybe you should teach your students to load variables like NumberOfTanks from a .txt or .ini file ... just a thought ^^ 
Posted October 6, 2009 4:12:21 AM
CreateTexture fails silently you cannot fix it. If it returns S_OK its valid. Watching the variables of the class wont help you, these are not the correct values. If you want to get infos about the texture use: HRESULT GetSurfaceLevel( UINT Level, IDirect3DSurf... 
Posted September 28, 2009 3:02:02 AM
plane plane test ah so i just create a Bounding Box for one frustum, and then do a frustum/AABB Test? So the only question is how to compute a AABB from a 6sided view frustum^^ Is this the correct way? Compute Intersection between: nearplane +... 
Posted July 30, 2009 7:54:30 AM
Frank D. Luna's book DirectX 10 is Shader only they dont use the FFP anymore^^ This one definitly uses Shader. You found the right book :) 
Posted July 29, 2009 5:44:07 AM
cube map filtering ... Ye thanks for that paper. I have read it already but i couldnt get something from it. It seems very complicated, this filtering style. but the nvidia sample works with just a offset vector!!! If you compare their example it looks smoother wi... 
Posted July 28, 2009 2:25:05 PM
LockRect on a texture i have this code now: g_Device->CreateTexture( 1, 256, 1, 0,D3DFMT_A32B32G32R32F , D3DPOOL_MANAGED, &m_ResponseTexture, NULL ); //D3DFMT_A32B32G32R32F // Now lock and fill the texture with the gradient D3DLOCKED_RECT lr... 
Posted July 22, 2009 10:00:18 AM
[PhysX] Loading models into bounding boxes so you simply want a bounding box for your mesh or what?^^ this is the way i would do it: If your lucky and you use DirectX you can call D3DXComputeBoundingBox If not, then get all your vertices and start comparing them: float XMin = Ve... 
Posted July 20, 2009 6:11:41 AM
View All Replies Made By This User