Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Stompy9999...  
Full Name  
Nickname Stompy9999 
State/Province, Country DC   United States
GD Gathering City Washington, DC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.freewebs.com/stompygames 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1461  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/4/2004 9:46:39 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Live action Dragonball movie... So...apparently they're making a Dragonball live-action movie, and as one would expect it looks terrible. Here's a trailer for the movie. Dragonball was one of my favorite shows as a kid, and this just makes me so very sad. I thought tha... 
Posted October 19, 2008 11:57:53 AM
Captain Ace demo - XNA shoot em up I've uploaded a demo of my current game project, a vertical shoot-em-up created using the XNA framework. The demo features the first two levels of the game, complete with boss battles. It can be played using an Xbox 360 controller, or keyboard, and r... 
Posted November 25, 2007 4:21:18 PM
The Adventures of Blocky Man I've completed my 2D Jump and Run Platformer, "The Adventures of Blocky Man". In it, you play as Blocky Man, who must fight the evil forces of Round World(and various other evildoers). The game features: - 10 Levels - A Level editor for creating... 
Posted July 24, 2007 11:27:34 AM
Stompy's Revenge These are screenshots of the action side-scroller I'm creating, titled "Stompy's Revenge". It stars a character I created named Stompy. Right now I have one level completely finished and am starting the second level. The game has Stompy figh... 
Posted February 6, 2006 7:31:42 PM
"Mind" of an Action Hero I wanted to share a game design I thought of yesterday. I notice in a typical action movie, the main character always knows the right thing to do, right in the nick of time. For instance, in a real fight, combatants have to learn how to defend the... 
Posted December 19, 2006 11:01:50 PM
The Adventures of Blocky Man (demo) I've just completed a demo for my new side-scroller, The Adventures of Blocky Man. The demo shows off the first level of the game. You can't complete the level yet, but you can play through it. A level editor is also included, so the level data can b... 
Posted October 7, 2006 2:20:30 PM
Stompy's Revenge! My biggest game project yet, Stompy's Revenge, is now finished. It is a side-scrolling shooting game. Once the greatest superhero team of all time, Commander Awesome and Stompy fought crime and defeated villians. However, one day Commander Aw... 
Posted June 19, 2006 9:57:33 AM
[SDL] Checking if Window is minimized How can you check if the program window is minimized in SDL? Thanks in advance. 
Posted March 13, 2006 5:27:59 PM
Looking for a graphics tablet I'm currently looking for a graphics tablet and was hoping to get recommendations on which ones are good and which ones are commonly used. Basically, I want to give my 2D games a hand-drawn look, and what better way to do that then... 
Posted February 13, 2006 3:23:24 PM
"Stompy's Revenge" early demo I've created an early demo for my game, "Stompy's Revenge". This game is an action side-scrolling platformer. Basically, you fight your way through a robot invasion. This demo showcases the first level of the game. I've tried to make fixes taking... 
Posted February 7, 2006 10:38:23 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Favorite Xbox LIVE Community Games? Nice. I'll definitely be checking this out then. I'm hoping one day to get my own games up as LIVE Community Games, and I would like to see how the system works. 
Posted November 21, 2008 6:03:37 PM
Favorite Xbox LIVE Community Games? I'll have to check this out. Do I need a Creator's Club membership to try the games? My account ran out a few months ago, and I have yet to renew it. 
Posted November 20, 2008 8:58:43 PM
Obama or McCain? Got up bright and early to vote...of course, so did everyone else in the area, but it wasn't too long of a wait. This was my first time being able to vote. I complained alot in '04 when Kerry lost, but at least this time I was able to vote for the... 
Posted November 4, 2008 8:32:37 AM
Live action Dragonball movie... Quote:Original post by Benjamin Heath I can see the line of people to see it now. When The Dark Knight premiered, there were already numerous emo kids waiting in line at the midnight premiere who'd decided to see it with messy white face paint, gre... 
Posted October 24, 2008 11:08:36 AM
Live action Dragonball movie... Gotta love that hair: Awesome. I had actually forgotten that they've already made a live-action Gundam movie. It was not good times.  
Posted October 23, 2008 10:00:35 PM
Live action Dragonball movie... Quote:Original post by Benjamin Heath Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid Quote:Original post by Stompy9999 Apparently 20th Century Fox is also making a live-action Cowboy Bebop movie. WHY WON'T THEY STOP! Quote: Keanu Reeves is being rumored to... 
Posted October 20, 2008 7:47:24 PM
Live action Dragonball movie... Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid Quote:Original post by Stompy9999 I don't like how they seem to have changed the plot so that the Dragonballs are needed to save the world. If I recall correctly, Bulma was looking for the Dragonballs so that she... 
Posted October 20, 2008 7:22:50 PM
Live action Dragonball movie... Quote:Original post by Trapper Zoid Quote:Original post by xZekex Because where is vegeta? where is the blonde hair, the dragon etc. Vegeta and the blonde hair was pretty later on in the manga, and not at all in the cartoon named "Dragon Ball... 
Posted October 20, 2008 7:04:11 PM
Live action Dragonball movie... Be careful what you wish for[grin]  
Posted October 19, 2008 7:11:10 PM
Live action Dragonball movie... Quote:Original post by Benjamin Heath Quote:Original post by Stompy9999 Quote:Original post by alnite Hollywood is running out of IP. They turn to anime. Come to think of it, we have had Speed Racer, and now Dragonball. What's next I wonder? ... 
Posted October 19, 2008 6:31:20 PM
View All Replies Made By This User