Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know MindWipe...  
Full Name Mind Wipe
Nickname MindWipe 
State/Province, Country Southern Finland   Finland
GD Gathering City Helsinki, Southern Finland, Finland
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID 19410252 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title God 
Job Description Game programmer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1560  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/23/2000 10:21:22 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Can anyone explain this Mark Twain quote to me? Quote: “You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” Mark Twain It's supposedly very profound but I don't get it. /MindWipe 
Posted February 16, 2009 9:21:16 AM
Blame me on the server downtime I seemed to have gotten us Slashdotted, but this isn't the first time IIRC. GDnet's servers can handle it...hopefully. I was kinda cool to see my article on Slashdot, never thought that would have happened. Slashdot post /MindWipe 
Posted October 16, 2008 6:25:45 PM
Asterope - An Independently Developed iPhone Game Heya guys! Some of you might know me from past times at GDnet. Anyway, I wanted to announce my iPhone game Asterope. Here's part of the press release I wrote: Asterope is an independently developed, unique and addictive game experience with an... 
Posted October 11, 2008 11:15:25 AM
Question about the iPhone NDA Hope the NDA doesn't permit me to ask this. Backstory: I have done a game for the iPhone, it's nearly complete (finishing touches left). Now this is _THE GAME_ for me. I've done many games in my past, independently developed ones and profe... 
Posted September 20, 2008 7:45:12 AM
Yarrrr!!! Ahoy? Arrr!! 
Posted September 18, 2008 6:06:39 PM
Mac coders - how do you do it? So, recently I got an iPhone and I LOVE it. And as a developer I naturally wanted to start programming for it. I was lucky to get to borrow a mini mac from a buddy so I didn't have to buy one. But ... having been a developer on Windows for... 
Posted August 27, 2008 5:43:59 PM
Manually caching queries? Hey, When I began web programming and using databases I cached most things myself. Then I got the impression that no matter how complex the query the database will cache what it needs itself. No need for you to worry about that. But is that right?... 
Posted July 18, 2008 3:28:35 AM
Call me crazy (Spent $480 on a course) Ok, I've never done this before. I'm always reading lots online what gurus like Eben Pagan, Frank Kern etc. has to say about building a business. And now this other guru, John Reese, started selling his Traffic Secrets 2.0 program online. A... 
Posted July 16, 2008 5:03:48 PM
Conspiracy Theories. ( Bilderberg Group's annual meeting is now and more) After having been at a bachelor's party this weekend and having listened for hours to a buddy who's a super active conspiracy reader I couldn't help do a little googling today. Thought I'd share a couple. First off, one interesting conspiracy... 
Posted June 8, 2008 7:20:25 AM
Multitexturing problems Hello again. I did google and check old GDnet threads about this issue, but I can't seem to find what I'm doing wrong. So I want to blend topics together to make this anaglyph 3d (blue/red), but first I just wanted to blend the two pics over ea... 
Posted April 22, 2008 6:37:08 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Is Sun JDK still an option? Tons of businesses rely on it. Don't worry. /MindWipe 
Posted April 2, 2009 10:28:28 AM
most fun 2D 1v1 multiplayer game? Liero 
Posted March 18, 2009 5:06:16 PM
Increasing Vista's RAM Usage Quote:Original post by Instigator Quote:@MindWipe, perhaps you _could_ disable your pagefile. Tom's Hardware did some tests with that - if you can be sure that you won't run out of memory then you can get away with no pagefile and everything will b... 
Posted February 22, 2009 1:32:47 PM
Increasing Vista's RAM Usage I'd like to do this too. I got 8gb but never is more than 4gb in use. No use in having a lot of memory if it's not getting used. /MindWipe 
Posted February 22, 2009 8:46:27 AM
Can anyone explain this Mark Twain quote to me? Quote:Original post by capn_midnight Things are often more than they appear, requiring interpretation to find their true meaning. Ah thanks. Makes sense. 
Posted February 16, 2009 10:36:05 AM
Absolute Truth? No. Although saying No to this means I can't be 100% sure of it. As long as you don't know _EVERYTHING_ then there could always be something altering every thing you do know. /MindWipe 
Posted February 6, 2009 6:48:50 AM
What mouse do you use? I got an MX Revolution, as I wanted the best mouse available. But there were a few things I didn't like about it: - The middle button is basically non-usable, and this bugged me a lot at first! - The batteri life is not that good, and I forge... 
Posted February 5, 2009 12:24:30 PM
Valentines Day? Bah... forget Valentines Day. I'll be celebrating Unix Timestamp 1234567890. /MindWipe 
Posted February 5, 2009 8:05:26 AM
Use of "foo" and "bar" in programming examples Agreed. Good point! /MindWipe 
Posted January 23, 2009 5:35:52 AM
No windows 7 thread? Anyone know a mirror for the beta, the ms servers constantly give me a "server busy"? Are torrent sites safe? Shouldn't you get a valid beta key from microsoft? /Mindwipe 
Posted January 9, 2009 1:56:57 PM
View All Replies Made By This User