Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know sylvestre...  
Full Name  
Nickname sylvestre 
State/Province, Country Rhone-Alpes   France
GD Gathering City Grenoble, Rhone-Alpes, France
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://evasion.inrialpes.fr/~Eric.Bruneton/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1129  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/25/2008 10:38:01 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Real-time planet rendering We integrated in our planet renderer our work on vector-based terrain rendering, and the new version of our ocean rendering algorithm. Finally, inspired from Outerra, we also improved the fractal noise details, and added very basic billboard tre... 
Posted November 9, 2010 4:10:30 PM
Ork: a new object-oriented API on top of OpenGL Ork, for OpenGL Rendering Kernel, provides an object-oriented C++ API on top of OpenGL. Using Ork can greatly simplify the implementation of OpenGL applications. For instance, suppose that you want to draw a mesh in an offscreen framebuffer, wi... 
Posted October 11, 2010 1:47:55 PM
Real-time Realistic Ocean Lighting Here are some screenshots of the real-time animated ocean that we recently added to our planet rendering software. The algorithm is described in our paper Real-time Realistic Ocean Lighting using Seamless Transitions from Geometry to BRDF, to appear... 
Posted January 12, 2010 12:24:13 PM
Real-time Realistic Ocean Lighting (2) this is another version of our ocean lighting algorithm, using Tessendorf's FFT method to generate the ocean surface. It greatly reduces the repetitive pattern that could be seen with the first version (which was not due to tiling because this versio... 
Posted April 28, 2010 3:30:40 PM
Real-time Earth-scale terrain editing A recent addition to our planet rendering software, showing real-time out-of-core multi-resolution editing of a terrain dataset made of 6 * 98.304 x 98.304 height samples (i.e., 57.982.058.496 16 bits samples). See the video here. 
Posted January 31, 2010 6:07:33 PM
Real-time realistic Earth rendering this is an update of this post. I added clouds shadows, terrain self shadowing with "Ambient Aperture Lighting", a higher resolution digital elevation model (SRTM v4, 90 meters per pixel on the whole Earth), procedural terrain elevation details,... 
Posted December 28, 2008 12:03:37 AM
realistic Earth rendering demo I finally made a demo version of the software I used in this post. If you have enough space and time to download 3.6GB of terrain data, you may try it on your PC (warning: it has only been tested on Windows XP, with an NVIDIA GeForce 7... 
Posted July 26, 2009 1:28:03 PM
Real-time planet rendering See also a video here. This illustrates our article "Precomputed Atmospheric Scattering" at EGSR 2008. 
Posted September 15, 2008 12:31:11 PM
Atmosphere look-up table as a reply to this post: Quote: I've been thinking about the use of look-up tables to solve the in-scattering integral in atmospheric rendering. In this Gamedev article O'Neil correctly notes that the problem is 4-dimensional. There's the altitud... 
Posted May 25, 2008 11:12:02 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Ork: a new object-oriented API on top of OpenGL Quote:Original post by samoth As a little criticism, I noticed that pretty much everything in your library derives from Object, which is a thread-safe reference counted base class. Which, in general, is probably a good thing, but here I think it... 
Posted October 19, 2010 1:54:23 PM
Ork: a new object-oriented API on top of OpenGL ok, I see that shared_ptr is now supported in many compilers (this was not the case four years ago when I wrote Ork 1.0). So here is a proposed new API: - it uses only one ork namespace, without nested namespaces - Ptr and StaticPtr are r... 
Posted October 16, 2010 4:39:58 AM
Ork: a new object-oriented API on top of OpenGL Quote:Original post by swiftcoder Quote:Original post by SeaBourne why not use the standard C++ smart pointers like shared_ptr?Even if you decide to stick with your own smart pointer class, consider making it compatible with std::tr1::shared_ptr, a... 
Posted October 12, 2010 12:53:33 PM
Real-time Earth-scale terrain editing Quote:Original post by El Greco Just out of curiosity: is this the same engine as used for this paper/research work? Real-time rendering and editing of vector-based terrains If so, I would be interested to know if this engine can be licensed/b... 
Posted February 6, 2010 2:22:37 AM
Real-time Earth-scale terrain editing Quote:Original post by El Greco I've been following your exploits over the last year or so and the results are getting ever more impressive. I do have a question however: where do the changes get stored? Do you have some special method that modif... 
Posted February 1, 2010 12:29:40 PM
Real-time Realistic Ocean Lighting Quote:Original post by gjaegy Well done. Water lighting is really good in the distance - I implemented ocean some month ago and was never happy with how specular/sun reflection looks towards the horizon, it looked to detailled. Now, I had a qu... 
Posted January 20, 2010 10:40:07 AM
realistic Earth rendering demo Quote:Original post by msomeone Great work! Any chance to know details behind technology used to render terrain in this demo? What is it this? Are there any articles on the web about this technology? I can give the following details: the te... 
Posted August 2, 2009 12:13:06 PM
realistic Earth rendering demo the atmospheric scattering has not changed; But we improved the cloud shader by adapting this article (unfortunately the videos use the old cloud shader) 
Posted July 28, 2009 1:38:32 PM
realistic Earth rendering demo Quote:Original post by leet bix Looks very pretty :) I particularlly like the sky's gradient. Is this changeable for day night sequence? Also, that seems like a lot of terrain information, no form of compression? Good work! Thanks. The sky can... 
Posted July 27, 2009 1:48:37 PM
Real-time planet rendering Quote:Original post by msomeone Okey guys... I recently analyzed Eric's paper, demo and videos closely. And you know what? He got the same bug when viewer looks at horizon near any mountain (sun is close to horizon) on all screenshots in the pa... 
Posted January 26, 2009 10:10:41 AM
View All Replies Made By This User