Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Penguins...  
Full Name  
Nickname Penguins 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.argonide.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/8/2002 8:20:50 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Beta testers wanted(for a most excellent java game) Hello, I would like to share with you guys a 2d online multiplayer dogfighting game. Its been in development for several years and is currently in a limited public beta. This is a great example for all the naysayers who say java isn't a viable... 
Posted July 30, 2008 7:10:36 PM
concave 2d polygon collision sorry if this topic is a repeat. I am looking for a method to deal with the collision of two concave polygons. I am well aware of the point in polygon algorithms, however as my prgram is set up now, the toy is just moved backed to it's last positi... 
Posted June 28, 2005 2:28:45 AM
POST- c style when i did this in java they called it Reading from and Writing to a URLConnection now ive been trying to do this in c using WinSock but have been largely unsucessfull (im able to connect but keep getting 501 errors), im not sure what im doing so... 
Posted February 12, 2004 5:37:22 PM
online hiscores --mysql database im trying to add online hiscores to tetris clone ive made .. where can i find articles on how to directly connect to an mysql database or indirectly send data to a perl or php script (i can handle it once i have the data sent to the sc... 
Posted December 30, 2003 2:27:56 AM
rate the tetris clone :P I think this is the best tetris clone ever... if you disagree please post a link to what tops it http://www.s89785877.onlinehome.us/dtetria.html 
Posted January 11, 2004 8:34:19 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
concave 2d polygon collision Mr. Rowl, the brute force solution you describe seems rather limited and unflexible,(what if i want to rotate or move in object? i would have to rotate every precalculated point). Is the problem of concave collision so rare? I thought it would be r... 
Posted June 28, 2005 3:43:45 PM
concave 2d polygon collision I would like to tesselate, it seems like there would be a better solution when dealing with a complex polygon(like a spiral) 
Posted June 28, 2005 2:43:41 AM
how to put an image on an object? quote:Original post by BakStaber This function work only for GIF, JPEG or PNG. Toolkit tk = Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(); Image image = tk.getImage("c:\\fileimage."); Now you have the image in memory for the drawing you do g.drawIma... 
Posted May 23, 2004 1:18:24 PM
Getting an entry level Programming Job quote:Original post by alnite guys, does starting your own business ever come to you? I’d agree with Oluseyi that most people would want to buy from the experienced, but that applies to existing technologies, if you have an origanal pr... 
Posted March 25, 2004 9:17:40 PM
POST- c style thank you ... but why did people think this was easy to do low levely when i a asked here a while ago? 
Posted February 13, 2004 3:31:35 PM
online hiscores --mysql database change the outcome (besides making max_message_size smaller which makes the less characters come out in the end 501 Method Not Implemented Method Not Implemented to / not supported. Invalid method in request </body></html> ¨d¨... 
Posted February 8, 2004 5:56:59 PM
compiler??? [edited by - penguins on February 8, 2004 5:20:24 PM] 
Posted February 8, 2004 5:20:08 PM
command prompt, yay Hmmmm 
Posted February 8, 2004 4:42:30 PM
Into what should I tread first? Start with Java! it really is the best choice. 
Posted January 26, 2004 3:12:37 PM
My little game it was pretty good , however Waaaay to large for what it is.. many a images .if anything could make it better would be explosions  
Posted January 16, 2004 5:31:47 PM
View All Replies Made By This User