Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Axiverse...  
Full Name  
Nickname Axiverse 
State/Province, Country OH   United States
GD Gathering City Cincinnati, OH, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://axiverse.deviantart.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID Axiverse2 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Master Student 
Job Description Student 24/7 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1134  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/2/2004 1:06:03 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Starting Salaries for Big CS Companies Anyone know what the starting salaries (+ bonuses) are for a some that just graduated college for companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Apple, etc? 
Posted January 27, 2010 11:44:57 AM
[Direct2D] Prevent Stretching on Form I'm working with a WindowRenderTarget, and when I resize the window, the content automatically stretches before I get a chance to resize the Direct2D render target. Is there a way to prevent this or to ensure that the content gets a chance to resize... 
Posted December 29, 2009 5:11:54 PM
Open file in primary process (inter-process comm) I'm making a editor of sorts, a single instance editor. So when I someone opens an a file that is handled by the editor, the new instance should not only not open (handled using mutex) but somehow tell the primary instance what file was request... 
Posted December 29, 2009 9:40:02 AM
Retrieving Window UI graphical components I'm doing a gpu accelerated ui interface and I want some of the controls to have the same feel as the current Windows theme. I'm wondering how I can do this, or how I can get the images that Windows uses to draw its user interface. 
Posted December 28, 2009 7:01:32 AM
People still use IE6? *gasp* If you look at the who's online list, you'll see there are a few people using IE6. I thought we were a tech literate crowd? 
Posted December 17, 2009 10:22:44 PM
Editing large text files + programming code editors Hi I'm trying to make a text editor, but i'm not sure how to go about some of the details, especially how to deal with large text files. I know you keep a small buffer of the things your currently editing, but when you save do you have to rewrite th... 
Posted December 18, 2009 12:56:17 AM
Using Direct2D to render in windows forms. I'm creating a C# desktop application that I want to be rendered using Direct2D instead of GDI+. I was wondering the best way to approach this - can I just override all the paint and paintbackground methods? Or is GDI+ too deeply ingrained in the s... 
Posted December 15, 2009 10:34:00 PM
[MMO-Guide] Ten easy steps to making a MMO Before you start a massive multiplayer online game project, think about this. (Read all of it, it's a small investment compared to the time that you'll spend working on your game) World of Warcraft, the largest massive multiplayer o... 
Posted October 14, 2009 2:35:17 AM
2D Distance Map I'm working on a 2D RTS game, and I've been thinking about ways to handle unit-terrain collision. I've come up with this method, which I think is a little innovative. Basically on every tile I calculate how far it is from the nearest non-... 
Posted October 14, 2009 2:40:06 AM
VS 2010 include and lib paths Hello, I just installed 2010 and I'm trying to build a C++ project, but I can't seem to find where they've moved the default include and lib paths. It used to be under Tools/Options, but doesn't seem to be there anymore. I need to add the paths for... 
Posted October 8, 2009 3:32:49 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Cockroaches in Canada I think you guys scared the op away from this thread. =/ 
Posted April 17, 2010 1:46:08 PM
Starting Salaries for Big CS Companies Alright. I think I should offer what I do know. I'm only familiar with the rates at Microsoft, which is around 82k starting with a BS degree. It also is pretty common to get a 20-30k year end bonus making the total starting salary 90-110k. I... 
Posted January 28, 2010 2:40:42 PM
Starting Salaries for Big CS Companies So as far as negotiation goes, I hear that many of these companies have a flat rate starting salary. Can I negotiate no matter what for a significant difference in money? Also what if the contact is a HR person? Are they allowed to make these deci... 
Posted January 27, 2010 5:06:41 PM
Keep track of all Objects Created You can keep a global vector of pointers therefore you will always be reading the actual object vector<object*> objects; *(objects[2]).getCoords(...) 
Posted January 7, 2010 8:54:38 PM
ddraw.lib!!! Are you sure you added the directx include and lib folders to the C++ directories? Should be under Tools > Options > Projects & Solutions > VC++ Directories. Also as a side note, ddraw isn't really supported anymore. It might be worthwh... 
Posted January 5, 2010 9:55:36 PM
Hello Gamedev.net hi!! this a great place. hope you have fun =3 
Posted January 4, 2010 9:57:20 PM
Effect of grades and undergraduate college on success in life 1) Affects what college you get into. Grades and education give you a boost right out of college, but that wears off after a few years. 2) It gives you that first step, which is hard to get otherwise. Once you have something to show on... 
Posted January 4, 2010 9:52:36 PM
Direct access to USB HID peripherals under Windows If you want to interface with input devices via usb, etc. there's windows raw input which gives you direct access to them. i.e. you can access hid which windows doesn't yet directly support, or you can even identify between individual devices (like... 
Posted January 4, 2010 7:31:23 PM
Image processing with Direct3D So direct3d is a hardware api, meaning it tells your graphics card what to do. unfortunately, the graphics card cannot manipulate anything in system memory, but the costs of copying between system memory and gpu memory are really quite minimal, if y... 
Posted January 3, 2010 8:40:38 AM
Nature the Trading Card Game This isn't really the site for this post. This site is more about creating video games, as in digital games. Also there's a mandatory posting template, or else your post will get deleted. Anyways I'll leave this to the mods to decide. For those... 
Posted January 2, 2010 5:23:08 PM
View All Replies Made By This User