Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know okonomiyaki...  
Full Name James 
Nickname okonomiyaki 
State/Province, Country VA   United States
GD Gathering City Richmond, VA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1299  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/19/2002 3:25:06 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Farmageddon Farmageddon is an iPhone game I've been developing for the past couple months. It's really just a fun way of exploding different animals with some goofy gameplay involving lightning and nukes. You can view a video here: http://vimeo.com/10626459.... 
Posted April 7, 2010 10:52:10 AM
crazy speed difference between GL_REPEAT and GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE (texture repeating) Hey guys, I've recently hit a huge bottleneck in my program where I didn't think there would be one. I narrowed it down to a simple scenario: * Create an OpenGL texture with the following pseudo-code: (glTexEnvi GL_TEXTURE_ENV GL... 
Posted May 3, 2009 1:55:08 AM
memory alignment in c - atrocious? I was curious about C structures and how they were laid out in memory. I wrote the following programming to give show me a few things about structures. #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> int type_banana = 1; int type_oran... 
Posted May 15, 2008 12:07:58 PM
Phong illumination on planes I'm writing a ray tracer to learn more about various illumination algorithms. I recently implemented Phong illumination using the standard algorithm found here: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article667.asp It works great on sp... 
Posted September 27, 2007 2:53:13 AM
Official SICP/Scheme Study Group Registration (up. 1/26) After discussing it for a little while, we will really be starting soon. This thread is to let people know this and to get a general feeling of who will be involved. We will be studying the online book Structure and Interpretation of Compute... 
Posted November 8, 2006 11:11:15 AM
Abstraction in C I'm writing a library in C, and though I have a lot of experience in C++, I haven't written a whole lot of C-style code. I need an abstract OS thread library, and I'm wondering if this is the best way to do "abstraction" in C. #if define... 
Posted February 23, 2007 1:29:11 AM
Weird problem with window resizing & SDL Hey guys, I hope that one of you has encountered this before. My main question is: Is it really necessary to call SDL_SetVideoMode every time after you resize the window? It seems to work if I call it or not. I only use SDL to create t... 
Posted May 20, 2005 9:46:40 PM
Cool tools for/Development on Mac OS X I just got my Macbook Pro last week, and I'm simply amazed. It's so rich, clean, and intuitive. Xcode is really cool too. First of all, if you haven't tried out OS X yet, do so! Second, for those of you who are developing on it: -... 
Posted December 16, 2006 9:39:20 PM
Unobtrusive code monitoring I've been working on a prototype application framework (well, not really a framework) that provides helpful classes to easily separate code, control execution, and other things that I've found frustrating before. One of the things I want to d... 
Posted November 28, 2006 5:11:16 PM
How does camping out for a console release work? I've been hearing different things about what's going to happen November 19 when the Wii is released. Here's my situation. I preorded a Wii at my local gamestop, but for some reason I was so excited that I forgot to preorder Zelda with it, and I... 
Posted November 6, 2006 12:14:29 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Daily GameDev.Net Using pre-orders as your financial income seems incredibly dangerous. There's probably a good chance that your game will technically flop, and instead of having to deal with a few loans from banks or other people who are experienced in that sort of... 
Posted July 22, 2009 10:32:02 AM
crazy speed difference between GL_REPEAT and GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE (texture repeating) Completely fixed function. I can explain other parts of the system too but I'm not sure what would be helpful. I just realized that there's one thing I set in the initialization phase that could make a difference: (glPixelStorei GL_UNPA... 
Posted May 3, 2009 2:14:56 AM
memory alignment in c - atrocious? Quote:Original post by Evil Steve Generally, you'll have all of your modules compiled with the same compiler, so this isn't much of a concern. If you want proper safety, you can turn on packing for the structs you need (In MSVC that's #pragma p... 
Posted May 15, 2008 12:36:34 PM
Good use of a Singleton? This question, and succeeding answers, should be in the forum FAQ. Or sticky. Or something. 
Posted May 9, 2008 12:28:38 PM
Real time marching cubes That looks great! Any chance for a video of the changing mesh? 
Posted March 31, 2008 10:40:11 AM
Atmospheric Scattering Wrong Value Driving Me Nuts! Instead of trying to hack through a full scattering shader and trying to get the final picture to work, try some simpler shaders first. For example, just do a shader that shades the sphere according to distance. Doing this sort of differential debu... 
Posted November 26, 2007 12:02:28 PM
Lets See How Games "Interface" With Your Engines Here's my complete 3d app init and loop. (node-init (make-node "localhost" 14000)) (define *window-process* (self)) (define *window* (create-window '())) (define *env* '(begin)) (with-exception-catcher (lambda (e) (pp e (current-... 
Posted November 26, 2007 1:23:58 AM
[MMO] WoT: Winds of Change-All accepted Your site crashes Safari, 3 times in a row. Went to it in firefox, and... background music?  
Posted November 4, 2007 10:21:06 PM
Ray Tracing transformations Yes, perspective and field of view are inherit in the way a raytracer works. You can control it by changing the dimensions of your virtual screen that you cast through, and where the eye is in relation to it. 
Posted October 5, 2007 11:05:56 PM
Phong illumination on planes Quote:Original post by JuNC Hmm, tricky - could you post the whole new code again? Also an image with a constant diffuse might help, so we can see exactly the highlights. The perfect specular reflection vector should be: R = 2*(N dot L)*N - L ... 
Posted October 1, 2007 10:44:30 AM
View All Replies Made By This User