Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mako_5...  
Full Name  
Nickname mako_5 
State/Province, Country SC   United States
GD Gathering City Charleston, SC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1002  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/23/2005 8:34:49 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Community Driven Art, and Music I've seen on Pure volume how people can post music and was wondering if anyone had any experience in working with musicians and/or artists (2D/3D) for putting any projects together. Also, could anyone recommend any sites where we could look f... 
Posted August 16, 2007 12:46:13 AM
OOP = Object Obsessive Programming I was wondering what other's universities are doing about the whole OOP paradigm. It seems like they're teaching us to ALWAYS attack a problem from that perspective. While this doesn't completely sound harmful, they don't ever give cases when proce... 
Posted August 30, 2006 7:42:28 AM
OO and Game Architecture Making the Puzzle Pieces Fit Does anyone have suggestions of how the parts of a game are supposed to be separated (with an emphasis on OO... specifically C++)? I've done a few simple games (tetris in Java and then C++, asteroids), but my code design, as in what talks to an... 
Posted April 11, 2007 9:45:05 PM
Strange SDL Setup Error I've used SDL with my MSVC++ version before for some small projects and didn't have any problems with it. EDIT: I'm using MSVC++ 7 However, I downloaded whatever update there was for SDL and made a new project and for some bizarre reason it doe... 
Posted March 4, 2007 8:25:14 PM
Question for Christian Developers Considering the post about the game Left Behind: Eternal Forces (since closed), I was wondering what Christian developers do now. As a new(er) Christian (raised in Church, but went my own way), from what angle should we as game makers be taking &... 
Posted January 7, 2007 12:39:36 AM
Coder's Block I've have a serious case of coder's block for the last 1-2 months. I just can't seem to get anything written (which is why I stopped trying for the last few weeks). Can anyone offer any suggestions? EDIT: I thought I might need to clarify my sit... 
Posted November 9, 2006 9:26:19 PM
Writing code and dating This thread is for those just coming out of and/or with previous relationship problems who have always found comfort in writing game dev. (At least until we try again soon...) Help build the list! Here's what I have so far: "Why writing code... 
Posted October 9, 2006 2:56:40 PM
Text-only for 4E??? Would it be worth it to submit a text-based game to 4E? Other than getting the participation prize provided you don't get disqualified, would it be worth the embarassment (for those of us not using cutting-edge graphics technology like the rest of y... 
Posted October 7, 2006 10:40:40 PM
Extra newline in input Problem: When I try to get input using getline(istream&,string&) I end up getting an extra newline... Input: "Bob the Dude" What I get: "Bob the Dude\n" What I want: "Bob the Dude" When I use cin >> input instead, I end up getting the f... 
Posted October 2, 2006 10:40:02 AM
Grouping Unrelated Stuff in C++ I'm trying to make a system in a single player text based game where you would give an object (like a player) a script and any parameters. The problem is I don't know how to pass multiple unknown types as a group in C++. Here's how I would do it... 
Posted September 17, 2006 4:42:50 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
DirectX 9 or SDL and OpenGL As a note: NeHe has most of the tutorials listed in multiple languages and environments at the end of the tutorials. GameDev's tutorials Gamasutra Personally, I like books (a little old school). Doing examples from the OpenGL SuperBible is... 
Posted January 5, 2009 3:55:53 PM
DirectX 9 or SDL and OpenGL I like OpenGL because it is an API standard which can be used with a variety of bindings. For example, in C++ you can use OpenGL with GLUT, QT, or SDL for handling events and the windowing side, and keep your OpenGL code consistent between the windo... 
Posted January 5, 2009 1:19:23 PM
problem understanding why camera isnt working Inside the drawCar() function you switch to modelview matrix and then load the identity. According to your comments you want to rotate the modelview matrix, which you're doing, except that call to loadIdentity() effectively erases it. 
Posted November 30, 2008 8:36:36 AM
KeyPress Event You might also want to look into QT, or wxWidgets. 
Posted November 30, 2008 1:03:38 AM
Stretch a texture. Try: glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_S, GL_REPEAT); // Repeat on X axis glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_WRAP_T, GL_CLAMP); // Stretch on Y axis Then texture coordinates are clamped between 0 and 1 on the x ax... 
Posted November 30, 2008 1:00:39 AM
matrix rotate and transform vectors. It looks like they're storing a rotation in the matrix and then transforming the vector by that matrix (by multiplying the vector by the matrix). This is code in a project of mine which does essentially the same thing. Think of it as the vector b... 
Posted November 30, 2008 12:52:54 AM
My Matrix class. How well is it implemented? You're off to a good start, but you need to add some direction to it. What will your matrix class be used for? For example: I use my matrix with OpenGL,... so it uses a fixed size (4x4). OpenGL also uses a 4x4 column major ordering, so it o... 
Posted November 30, 2008 12:39:38 AM
SDL and VC++ Express: entry point Quote:Original post by Firebrand ...snip... - started with the Empty project template. Someone suggested using the console application template, and even though it seemed a bit odd for a SDL app I tried it. It did not work for me. Basica... 
Posted April 28, 2007 9:16:28 PM
SDL and VC++ Express: entry point Can you post what you have for source. (Just so we can see...it might help) 
Posted April 28, 2007 8:24:02 PM
Java disadvantages First things first, kudos to everyone for the civility in this discussion. It's great to see some real talk about this issue. Quote:Original post by Christian Weis Since most objects only survive for a short amount of time, only very f... 
Posted April 26, 2007 2:35:45 PM
View All Replies Made By This User