Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ratt1233...  
Full Name Kevin Nyman
Nickname ratt1233 
State/Province, Country PA   United States
GD Gathering City Philadelphia, PA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.cs.drexel.edu/~kn42 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID omen7288 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1032  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/21/2000 10:19:32 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Terrain Editor This is a project I did for a class I was taking at my university. My goal was to have editable terrain and to be able to use an xml based gui that I was working on. It is in OpenGL and it compiles/runs on win32, linux, and os x via glut.... 
Posted August 18, 2007 10:52:16 AM
glTexEnvi trouble I’m having trouble achieving similar results of this tutorial: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1936.asp . I’m trying to achieve the same multitexturing properties in OpenGL with the glTexEnvi functions. I am trying to use 4 textu... 
Posted January 30, 2005 1:40:33 PM
Drawing a BMP but not a certain color. What was the command for telling OpenGL NOT to draw a certain color? I saw it in the forums A long time ago, and without the search up I’m not paging throught the forums, I forget where it was posted as well.... 
Posted January 28, 2003 7:17:37 PM
Problem with vc++6.0 compiler Alright... This one is my fault and I don’t know how to fix it... I cannot use my mouse... In my programming window... There is a small "tape" under the cursor... what the heck did I do??? better yet can anyone tell me how not to be stupid and... 
Posted January 7, 2002 6:11:09 PM
Overloading... Short question... Does anyone use overloading that much... and if so what for and how often??? 
Posted November 15, 2001 6:36:19 PM
Double-buffer for GUI Yes I know I should be using Direct X to do image processing and other things but... How would you impliment a double buffer for GUI... right now in my program(pong clone) -I am drawing each object each frame; -have my timer so I’m runni... 
Posted October 25, 2001 10:21:14 PM
DirectDraw Problems... I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong... I get an error when I call LPDIRECTDRAW lpdd= NULL; LPDIRECTDRAW4 lpdd4= NULL; // I Get an Error stating that I Need a semicolan after "LPDIRECTDRAW4" and before lpdd4 lpdd->QueryInterface(IID_IDirect... 
Posted August 27, 2001 11:06:19 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Terrain Editor Quote:Original post by mangine This is interesting stuff. Is GLUT hard to code for? Are you using c++ for GLUT or some other language to control it? glut makes it easier to setup and start drawing stuff without win32 boiler plate code. You are st... 
Posted January 25, 2010 8:36:10 AM
PLEASE HELP PACMAN PROBLEM Why don't you try using a triangle fan. Have pacman a circle with a center starting the triangle fan. Then the next vertice could be a lip. Then go around the circle using circle equation until you get to the other lip. Something like the follo... 
Posted April 10, 2008 11:57:43 PM
int (main) why do we need to return a value? There are a few reasons. 1. It's a standard to use int main() 2. Often times, it depends on how the program is used. The calling application (if you launch your program from a script) might expect a return 0 which indicates the program term... 
Posted April 1, 2008 2:53:11 AM
Terrain Editor Heh, thanks swift (your the only one checking this thing out ;) ). So I was able to test this out on a friend's MAC. The problem is indeed in my code (as they always say "make isn't broken") - The camera starts unlocked - which... 
Posted November 2, 2007 1:11:12 PM
Terrain Editor My university's servers went down for a while this morning. Just so happens you tried to grab the files then. Everything should be there (I checked), just try again. Thanks  
Posted October 29, 2007 3:38:00 PM
Terrain Editor Quote:Original post by swiftcoder Congrats as well on the OS X makefile, I don't know how many projects I have seen with a broken Mac build system, but yours worked first try. Thank you! I to am frustrated with broken builds or missing dl... 
Posted August 18, 2007 5:09:18 PM
Gamer.com Interviewes John Romero NOTE: He didn't say it, they did.... Quote: GD: Having invented the first-person shooter,  
Posted February 3, 2005 8:58:33 PM
Texture Mapping Color Problem I have both turned on and still have the problem. Like I mentioned I thinkit happens when there is an error when rendering sort of like calling glColor3f() between a glBegin() and glEnd(). The hard thing is. You won't know exactly where... 
Posted February 3, 2005 1:43:31 AM
Texture Mapping Color Problem Hey, I'm having the same problem. I think I figured out what it is though. If there is an error when your rendering, opengl throws an exception. So you'll have to check the errors while your doing stuff in case an error is thrown. In the mean tim... 
Posted February 3, 2005 1:16:38 AM
Teens blame vandalism spree on video game Great article ruggedmug. 
Posted December 29, 2004 3:42:27 PM
View All Replies Made By This User