Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know risko...  
Full Name Richard Biely
Nickname risko 
State/Province, Country Levice
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.rbiely.szm.sk 
ICQ ID 319791654 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title student 
Job Description studing 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 992  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/4/2004 9:47:27 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Intel or AMD I would like to know your opinions on "fight" between Intel and AMD. What do mean? Which of them is better.. and why better? I am looking forward to your replies. 
Posted July 17, 2004 4:11:22 AM
DirectX SDK 7 problem Hi. Yesterday I reinstalled Windows(98), installed VC++6 and DXSDK7, set include and libary directories, opened my project, commpiled and... this: C:\risko\Moje projekty\DBZH\MyDDraw.h(9) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifie... 
Posted July 14, 2004 6:28:23 AM
Looking for RPG team I have frozen all my projects because of "some reason". But now I am looking for seriously people whose want to make 2D fantasty RPG game. I am looking for: - two 2D artists - one sound&music maker - one designer Remember, I mean it... 
Posted July 9, 2004 10:31:43 AM
Invisible bitmaps ? Hello, there. // normal // here is my bitmap invisible, why? ------------ ------------- | | | | | BBB | | BBB | BBB | | BBB | BBB | | BBB | | |... 
Posted July 5, 2004 5:50:20 AM
If you like Legacy of Goku 2... Hi. If you are fun of Legacy of Goku 2 then PLEASEEEEE, check my homepage WWW.RBIELY.SZM.SK (sorry for loading time, I am using big background) and check infos about DBZ History. If you have any ides or advices PLEASEEEE, post them here or send emai... 
Posted July 7, 2004 1:35:40 PM
Which pathfinding method ? Hello. I am curently working on RPG and don't know which pathfinding method to use. I don't need this for player's character because it is controled by keyboard. I need it for enemy units which will attack if you are in their sight. Should I us... 
Posted July 7, 2004 8:30:15 AM
2D or 3D I really don't know what to do. I learned DDraw and I only had(and have) one problem with it (see "Invisible bitmap?" in DirectX forum). But now, I am bit unsure about my situation. I really like making of 2D games, especially RTS and RPG b... 
Posted July 6, 2004 3:03:22 PM
Question on vector Hi. I am quite new to <vector> and this is my problem. // this is only an example class CAlpha { Alpha(); ~Alpha(); }; std::vector<CAlpha*> vectorAlpha; ... // is this the right way to release vectorAlpha .. vector... 
Posted July 4, 2004 12:59:55 PM
D3D with this ? I don't know if this is right forum for my question, but I hope yes. I am currently thinking about starting with D3D but I have one quite big problem - my graphic card. It is Velocity 128 based on Riva128 chipset with 8 MB VRAM. I have bad... 
Posted June 29, 2004 2:08:53 PM
Writing drivers for graphic cars Maybe my question is bit stupid, but do anyone of you know how to write drivers like Catalyst or Detonator for graphic chips? Naturaly, I don't want to write my own drivers, I only want to know the procedure. How do this the guys from ATI/nVidia... 
Posted June 28, 2004 3:57:47 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
I can't remember a time when I was more looking forward to some game releases... Doom 3 (hope gameplay will be so cool then graphics and sounds), Unreal 3, Quake 4, World of Warcraft, Batle for Middle Earth and, and .. I can't continue because there are so much fantastic games I am looking for. Btw. Do you know if there is some... 
Posted July 18, 2004 8:09:02 AM
DirectDrawCreateEx error I have to say the same like alnite, it is very odd that compiler is not barking but debugger is. Maybe DirectDrawCreateEx is working well only for DirectDraw7. ... LPDIRECTDRAW7 m_pDirectDraw7; ... hResult = DirectDrawCreateEx(NULL, (LPV... 
Posted July 18, 2004 4:03:21 AM
Intel or AMD Hmm, oh, I only wanted to show my opinion :) 
Posted July 17, 2004 5:26:24 PM
Intel or AMD Exactly as I was awaiting. Some of you think Intel is better, some of you think AMD is better. My uninportant opinion is that they both have their positives and negatives. If we take two "equal" processors from Intel and AMD, for example P4 3GHz an... 
Posted July 17, 2004 5:21:36 PM
Intel or AMD I don't want to buy processor. I only want to see people's opinios on this theme. Oh and please, try to be objectiv :) 
Posted July 17, 2004 4:23:48 AM
updating dx8 project to dx9 Try this: #define DIRECT3D_VERSION 0x0800 #include <d3d9.h> #include <d3dx9.h> Then check if you are using d3d9.lib and d3dx9d.lib instead of d3d8.lib and d3dx8d.lib. 
Posted July 16, 2004 6:32:59 PM
Radeon 800 XT supports VS/PS 3.0? No, X800/600/400 don't support PS/VS 3.0. Only chip with support of PS/VS 3.0 is GeForce 6800. 
Posted July 16, 2004 2:16:19 PM
DDraw switching from fullscreen to windowed Try to call UpdateWindow() each time you switch screen mode. 
Posted July 16, 2004 2:10:13 PM
DirectX SDK 7 problem Oh my godnies. That solved my problem. Your rating has been increased :) 
Posted July 14, 2004 9:58:56 AM
Tips wanted for 2D GUI in Direct3D I am not experienced with Direct3D, too but I think Direct3D can be used with DirectDraw because I saw it in book. I think it's name was Programming in DirectX in 21 days but I am not sure. Unfortunately, I can't remember on way how to reach it.... 
Posted July 14, 2004 7:07:06 AM
View All Replies Made By This User