Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know xXShadowAsasNXx...  
Full Name  
Nickname xXShadowAsasNXx 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Dallas, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 938  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/22/2008 6:33:18 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Sketch Tanks: after 2 months. Hey guys, I am developing an indie game in my spare time called Sketch Tanks, and the 9th weekly update in the development of Sketch Tanks is here! I decided to try something different and post screenshots of what I have completed so far on gd.n... 
Posted November 25, 2010 12:47:23 PM
Development of a Game youtube series. I am developing a game called Sketch Tanks, and posting a video every Sunday on YouTube. Check it out here! http://www.youtube.com/user/PrelimseStudios 
Posted October 10, 2010 5:12:12 PM
C++, C# or Java? What should I use. I'm starting a new game project, and I am REALLY confused about what language I want to use for it. I have used C++ with DirectX to develop a few small games, and C# with OpenTK to develop a few demos. I prefer C# to C++, but I want to make my game &... 
Posted October 5, 2010 10:05:28 PM
Memory address string to pointer I'm trying to make a program that takes a memory address you type into a console, and return the byte value stored at that memory address. I'm not quite sure how I can do this. Lets say I type in "0x4E8" into the console and press enter. I store that... 
Posted May 6, 2010 10:24:02 AM
DirectX sucks. OpenGL sucks. What do us graphics programmers need? Well, I have been programming graphics demos lately in Direct3D. I really like the DirectX API and all, but the constant version changes, inability to add your own functionality, and most of all, lack of cross platform support(not counting Windows/Xb... 
Posted January 11, 2010 9:46:11 PM
[C++] const reference or pointer to class. Hi. I was just wondering if there is really any difference between a function like this void Function(const Class& Object); and void Function(Class* Object);. Which should I use and when? 
Posted October 31, 2009 11:29:11 AM
WM_INPUT Library I heard that Direct Input just wraps the WM_INPUT messages, and I have worked with WM_INPUT before and know how to get it working, but what I don't know is how to put it into a separate library and get it to work. I know that WM_INPUT is embedded int... 
Posted September 29, 2009 9:21:48 PM
Quaternion Problems. I am working on a Quaternion based camera class, and all has been well until now... Basically, I am using the mouse to control the camera's Yaw & Pitch. When i start the program, I am looking at a cube and I can Yaw & Pitch the camera correctly,... 
Posted September 8, 2009 10:01:40 PM
Another way of polymorphism in C++. Just wanted to share a way to have either static or dynamic polymorphism WITHOUT using either templates or virtual calls. Here is an example of static polymorphism. #include <iostream> namespace A1 { class A { public: ... 
Posted August 7, 2009 2:27:07 PM
Deferred vs. Light Pre Pass renderer Alright, so i am creating a game engine which was originally planned to support a forward renderer, but i have done a little bit of research and i think that one of the methods(in the title) are the way to go... Only problem is, i dont know... 
Posted July 22, 2009 11:02:05 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Sketch Tanks: after 2 months. Thank you! The green square is a placeholder for the zone you go to to end the level. 
Posted November 29, 2010 12:50:57 AM
C++, C# or Java? What should I use. Thanks for the responses. I will use C# for now. Sorry if I started arguments, or another language war, those weren't my intentions. 
Posted October 7, 2010 12:07:47 PM
C++, C# or Java? What should I use. Interesting, I didn't know about Monotouch. I'm not really up to spending $400 dollars for a license on it, though. I already know C++ and C#, by the way, so I could jump into Java any time I want, which just makes the decision harder for me to... 
Posted October 5, 2010 10:24:07 PM
Memory address string to pointer @Zipster I'm just experimenting. There's really no need for it, but I was just wondering how I could do it, if it is possible. 
Posted May 6, 2010 10:49:04 AM
Memory address string to pointer @Evil Steve 1) Yes. 2) Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit. 
Posted May 6, 2010 10:47:51 AM
DirectX sucks. OpenGL sucks. What do us graphics programmers need? @Lothlor Indeed. There are so many possibilities for the future... 
Posted January 11, 2010 10:13:21 PM
DirectX sucks. OpenGL sucks. What do us graphics programmers need? IDK how to do quotes, so... yeah. Anyways. How do you fund constant development without cost? Microsoft gets away with it because locking people in to their platform counts as income to them ;) True, true. Any good DirectX engine will have l... 
Posted January 11, 2010 10:10:09 PM
DirectX sucks. OpenGL sucks. What do us graphics programmers need? Very interesting... I wonder how far away this technology could be. It is a bummer Larrabee(as a graphics card) got canceled. 
Posted January 11, 2010 10:03:29 PM
DirectX sucks. OpenGL sucks. What do us graphics programmers need? Thanks for the link! I'll check it out right now! 
Posted January 11, 2010 9:56:53 PM
Programmer looking for a project! People are "freaking out" because all you put is that you are a programmer and you are working on a project. Nothing else. Basically, you aren't showing any previous experience or projects you have worked on in the past, so people have no r... 
Posted December 20, 2009 7:33:00 PM
View All Replies Made By This User