Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Fuel...  
Full Name Gregory Chudecke
Nickname Fuel 
State/Province, Country WA   United States
GD Gathering City Randle, WA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Founder Caffeinated Games 
Job Description Programmer, Designer, Presedent, Insert Title Here.. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1017  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/2/2000 12:51:07 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SketchUp To FBX (Sket2FBX) Hello, It's been a while since I posted an IOTD and since I just completed my first software application that I have posted for sale. I thought I would throw one up. It is a converter which takes a Sketch Up 7.1 DAE (Collada File) and convert... 
Posted June 29, 2010 8:44:45 PM
Farmlands: Lava Board Above is the near complete lava level from my game Farmlands. Lava is moving, Steam is rising. It looks much better animated maybe i'll post a video later on Caffeinated Games when I get some time. The level is completed at this point exce... 
Posted June 10, 2009 8:41:37 AM
Editor Random Rotation and Scale I was playing around with a new feature I added to editor so when you place an object you can specify a range to randomly rotate and scale it. I ended up just clicking down a bunch of statues and playing with the new lighting system. I thought it loo... 
Posted April 22, 2009 12:01:42 PM
Farmlands Deferred Shading Hello again. It has been a while since I posted last. We are now about two months away from completing the game! So I thought I would share some of the last bits of progress. I moved over to a deferred lighting scheme so we could do tons of point li... 
Posted April 3, 2009 1:01:37 AM
Barista: Caffeinated Games Editor (Farmlands) So I did an earlier post about the game so I thought I'd show you our editor "Barista" which we use to author game content. There are two main modes in Barista "Level Editor" for editing levels and "Asset Hierarchy Editor" for editing objects as you... 
Posted July 24, 2008 11:39:36 AM
Farmlands A Next Gen Boardgame I have been a long time reader of GameDev since 2000. This is my first Image of the Day and I'm excited! I have been working on farmlands for quite some time. I finally announced the game today and thought I should share a little bit about th... 
Posted June 26, 2008 10:26:47 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
SketchUp To FBX (Sket2FBX) Quote:Original post by Kelly G Excellent! So far I've been ignoring Sketch-Up because it didn't output a file I could use. Definitely useful. I'm also giving Unity a try at the moment. Thanks Kelly. I just added a Mac version as well (for the dra... 
Posted July 2, 2010 2:22:41 AM
Screenshots from my "NGine" Since this is an old post. Any updates? So awesome! Shadows and the monitor texture 
Posted October 15, 2009 12:37:42 AM
Farmlands: Lava Board Thanks Moe, Wavesonics, J-Fox! @J-Fox Thanks for the feedback! I think the HUD needs some work (The font is overused, you should pick another one or make your own) I hadn't realized that font was over used. I just picked it as it was... 
Posted June 10, 2009 10:20:12 PM
Farmlands: Lava Board Here is the link to a short video of the level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUoWvsSNvvo 
Posted June 10, 2009 11:33:34 AM
Farmlands Deferred Shading Thanks. Well they are suppose to be programmer art particles for tornados.. :) I have a different particle effect for the fire. But you are right they would make nice fountains. 
Posted April 4, 2009 1:49:07 PM
Farmlands Deferred Shading Thank you for the kind comments. @PolyVox Looks pretty :-) But switching the shading architecture just two months before release seems like a risky practice - didn't have any knock-on effects on your art, etc? You are right making any ma... 
Posted April 3, 2009 3:37:57 PM
Barista: Caffeinated Games Editor (Farmlands) Hi All, Thanks for the comments! To answer some of your questions. All the models have been hand modeled. I thought about making something for procedural trees. It seems fairly straight forward since I have done some procedural work in the past bu... 
Posted July 28, 2008 12:38:57 AM
Farmlands A Next Gen Boardgame No demo yet :(. I'm not sure if we will post a demo till after the game is released (around two weeks after). If you sign up at Caffeinated Games(www.caffeinatedgames.com). It's free. You may be able to get in on the beta once we get to tha... 
Posted July 3, 2008 11:34:07 PM
Source code for games? There is a book I like which has the full source to the engine. ADVANCED VISUAL EFFECTS WITH DIRECT3D by Peter Walsh. Link to the source is at the bottom of the page: http://www.courseptr.com/ptr_detail.cfm?group=Game%20Design%20%26%20Developme... 
Posted July 1, 2008 3:26:07 PM
Interior Mapping Wow. That is awesome. Greg Founder Caffeinated Games www.caffeinatedgames.com  
Posted June 29, 2008 10:56:58 PM
View All Replies Made By This User