Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know swecoder...  
Full Name Stefan Petersson
Nickname swecoder 
State/Province, Country Blekinge Lan   Sweden
GD Gathering City Karlskrona, Blekinge Lan, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1044  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/4/2006 10:58:47 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Terrain rendering using 3D-tiles Me and my artist friend wanted to develop an RTS game. The first thig to implement was a basic level editor supporting heightmaps, texturing... and we also wanted to add 3D-tile support. To do this I came up with my own technique inspired by the... 
Posted August 10, 2010 10:49:34 PM
Screen Space Combat Screen Space Combat is a complete 2 player game inspired by the great game Super Stardust HD. The development team consists of two developers, one programmer and one artist. Gameplay mechanics: Player1 controls the main spaceship that or... 
Posted December 8, 2008 3:00:49 AM
School Project: Century Combat Hello everyone! Century Combat is a project developed at Blekinge Institute of Technology (Ronneby). The task was to develop a clone of Battlefield 1942 with some delimitations, of course. The graphics engine (D3D9) and the physics engine (verlets... 
Posted May 30, 2007 11:18:18 PM
Terrain rendering Hello everyone :) I have searched for some terrain demos for days now, but I can't find any at all, that are developed using d3d9! I looked at this one, http://www.gamedev.net/columns/hardcore/geomorph/default.asp. Really good article and I t... 
Posted September 27, 2006 6:38:26 PM
Hovercraft Chaos Hi all! I just wanted to post some shots from our little project. We were a few students from Blekinge Institute of Technology working on this one for about 7 weeks. We're happy because we managed to develop a complete game, with 5 diffe... 
Posted May 26, 2006 12:04:54 AM
IA-32 Assembly and windows? Hello all! In school we are going to implement a nibbles game in IA-32 assembler. The lecturer instructed us how to code and compile in UNIX, but i want to develop in windows. I know it should probably be the same thing, but i don't know that's wh... 
Posted September 13, 2006 3:08:39 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Terrain rendering using 3D-tiles The PDF-url is updated! Sorry for the delay. Quote:Original post by Xeile I read that you calculate your SSAO component using a compute shader, what can you tell about the performance if you would compare it to calculating it with a pixel shader?... 
Posted August 18, 2010 9:55:42 AM
A Simple and Practical Approach to SSAO Nice work! I implemented the technique using Compute Shader 4.0.  
Posted May 29, 2010 1:00:34 PM
DX9: Rendering 2D text above 3D objects Sample funcion to get 2d screen coords from a 3d position with ability to offset the 3d position. some of the identifiers have to be set by you; WORLD_POSITION, SCREEN_WIDTH and SCREEN_HEIGHT. I put it like this to be able to use the function in clas... 
Posted December 17, 2008 7:11:20 AM
Screen Space Combat Quote:Original post by Guthur Inspirational, Kudos. I especially like the fact that 2 players playing cooperatively is a core game mechanic; it is something i've been trying to work into my own ideas. Actually really want to play this one... 
Posted December 11, 2008 10:57:34 AM
LHCoord sys and RHCord sys You find some useful information here, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb204853.aspx Good luck! 
Posted December 10, 2008 10:00:57 AM
How to integrate Effect/Shader compiler in Visual Studio Great article! I think it's a really good thing to have the compilation process done like this. I've always just used the Nvidia build rule-file for this. In their SDK examples there is a complete rule file that can be used as well. From now &#... 
Posted December 10, 2008 9:57:37 AM
Screen Space Combat Quote:Original post by Tom I second the fantastic art style. Could you describe the mechanics for us? If it plays as good as it looks, I'd likely be willing to buy a copy. Hi and thanks for your kind comment! I've updated the first post wi... 
Posted December 8, 2008 4:33:35 PM
Screen Space Combat Thank you all for kind comments! The game is not inpired by Mario Galaxy what I know of :-) Quote:Original post by ndatxcod Forgot an important piece of info, how long it took from start to finish? Sorry, I've updated the first post with de... 
Posted December 8, 2008 11:24:05 AM
C++ and Vector/Iterator Question try change to if ((*i).id == id) { (*i).count++; }  
Posted September 17, 2008 3:03:34 AM
FPS Weapon Clipping short, try render using zenable = false or take advantage of stencil buffer and render the weapon first [Edited by - swecoder on February 22, 2008 9:45:31 AM] 
Posted February 22, 2008 5:45:01 AM
View All Replies Made By This User