Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know essial...  
Full Name Tim Sarbin
Nickname essial 
State/Province, Country GA   United States
GD Gathering City Augusta, GA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://essial.gotdns.com/essial_solutions/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Owner 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1062  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/17/2007 4:05:59 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
MySQL Scheduled Events Seriously, why haven't I heard of this before. This has to be the single most awesome feature I've ever heard of. Apparently MySQL (by adding a single flag in the config file) supports execution of statements at regular intervals. I am currently work... 
Posted June 1, 2010 11:06:22 PM
[MMO (HTML5 Based)] Need Beta Testers Click here to jump to our forums and register as a beta tester. Team name: Theres no team "name" per sé, the team consists of myself, an artist (Electric), a writer for the background story and quests (luckistoxic), as well as a handfull of beta... 
Posted May 23, 2010 5:30:54 AM
Firefox Javascript Debugging?! OK I don't know if you've seen my post in help wanted but I'm writing some pretty heavy javascript code. The code is working perfectly on Opera, Internet Explorer (with google chrome frame), and of course Google Chrome. For some reason it se... 
Posted May 24, 2010 2:46:58 PM
Need artist for logo/icon art for NES development IDE I have gotten together with the original creator of NESICIDE to bring the project into the modern (and cross platform era). Things are going great so far, but before we get too far, I'd like to see if there is anyone out there who wouldn't mind contr... 
Posted December 14, 2009 8:45:24 AM
Any hobby NES programmers out there? I don't know if you guys remember my NES project I announced a few months ago, but I have been working on it in my free time constantly since that announcement. Here are some screens from it for a reminder: http://img268.imageshack.us/gal.php... 
Posted December 2, 2009 1:31:07 PM
Program for 3D models What would you guys recommend as a usable free 3D modeler for creating simple objects to use with C++ and DirectX APIs. I'm not planning on writing a game game (double on purpose :p)so it doesn't need to be 3D studio quality, just something... 
Posted November 30, 2009 11:24:59 PM
I'm writing an NES emulator **edit** You can follow my progress at http://projectemulate.blogspot.com/ now. **end edit** I have finally decided to write an NES emulator. I've always been fascinated by emulators, and I think I am to the point skill-wise to actually be able... 
Posted August 16, 2009 2:04:19 AM
Is Sun JDK still an option? I've heard a lot of talk about a Sun buyout by its rival. I've began work on a large scale project with the Sun JDK and NetBeans 6.5. I'm wondering, if things go south, will the rug get pulled out from under me? If so I need to switch platforms,... 
Posted April 2, 2009 10:18:14 AM
Getting into Linux/Cross Platform Development While working on my project, I realized from the start that I cannot have a shell script to simply do a few GCC commands, as every linux system is different -- plus I wanted my code to be buildable on non-linux (FreeBSD, Mac, Windows, etc)... 
Posted October 13, 2008 1:52:49 PM
Vector or Tile based I'm trying to think about which direction to go for a new game engine, and I'm stuck equally between two very different styles of engines. It's going to be a typical 2D style platformer engine, but I cannot decide if I want it to be tile ba... 
Posted October 13, 2008 11:13:41 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
MySQL Scheduled Events I'm using a $10/month rackspace cloud server running ubuntu 10.04 so all good here on usage. I just don't see why you ~wouldn't~ want the DB updates to be called from.. well.. the db directly, seems like less steps to me. MySQL query browser has... 
Posted June 2, 2010 12:21:13 AM
[MMO (HTML5 Based)] Need Beta Testers I thought I replied to you already, I must have missed it. Basically anyone who wants to beta test, just register on the forums, and post in the key request forums. I currently have a few slots open still (and will be opening more this weekend a... 
Posted May 27, 2010 3:59:25 PM
Programmer/designer looking for work You had me until you said non-mmo :) 
Posted May 27, 2010 12:28:07 PM
[MMO (HTML5 Based)] Need Beta Testers Quote:Original post by JadeDragon I agree, btw my previous reply was a reply to that guy as I already read you only use html5. As for my latest reply it was because I thought you have voted me down for no reason. Well then whoever else voted me... 
Posted May 27, 2010 11:30:19 AM
[MMO (HTML5 Based)] Need Beta Testers Quote:Original post by JadeDragon Next time dont ask for any feedback if you cant handle what you get. Maybe you misread or misunderstood my comment. I'm simply stating that I don't intend to do any hacks or anything. I didn't consider it a defen... 
Posted May 27, 2010 11:05:03 AM
[MMO (HTML5 Based)] Need Beta Testers Wow this is not supposed to be a political debate; so I'll make this nice and simple for everyone: This game is designed for HTML5, and HTML5 only. No shims, hacks, plugins, or add-ons. Yes I use jQuery and google APIs, but my actual code mak... 
Posted May 27, 2010 9:13:08 AM
What is the cheapest and best ASP.NET web host? $10/month for a host is pretty darn good. That's how much I pay for my cloud server with Ubuntu Linux on it. Their windows servers start at $30/month. Microsoft software costs money, you gotta pay for it one way or another :D 
Posted May 24, 2010 11:33:48 PM
javascript - function not working Second, game() is never actually called after a key is pressed, only at the start in the init function. 
Posted May 24, 2010 11:31:31 PM
Firefox Javascript Debugging?! I wish firefox had the debugging features of google chrome and opera natively. I find the debugging plugins to be ~ok~, but nowhere near the level of those other two browsers. Makes it hard to get things working right sometimes.. 
Posted May 24, 2010 4:30:39 PM
Firefox Javascript Debugging?! Yeah I'm starting to think that.. I'm creating everything via the javascript DOM interface so if theres any issues with it failure is quite possible. I'll just use my good ole' document.title debugging method :) 
Posted May 24, 2010 4:12:13 PM
View All Replies Made By This User