Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know TGGC...  
Full Name  
Nickname TGGC 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.gm-squared.de 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1005  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/23/2003 2:46:30 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Slippery - oldschool puzzle game with an online twist I am currently developing a small mini game. It is based on old puzzle games, as they have long been known. I added some experimental online features, to spice up the experience. Everything can be found here: Slippery Homepage Here are s... 
Posted September 23, 2010 10:49:50 AM
DMC Many years ago a team of hobbyists formed a group called "gm squared". We set out to make new inspired games but never reached our goal. More and more people dropped out because of lacking free time. 6 years ago we had a 3D Engine ready to build game... 
Posted June 3, 2010 6:13:40 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
DMC Yes, were are some years to late with this now. ;-) As I saw same people using google translate to find our source download. We made te sourcecode of the game logic available for download too: http://bit.ly/a0pAUn 
Posted June 6, 2010 2:53:42 AM
Imagine - 48k Intro released at Breakpoint 2010 Thank you for the positive feedback! @Christoph680: The animation is quite simple in this case. Every animated mesh is generated for every frame again and the mesh generator is parameterized by a time variable. In case of a rainbow that just infl... 
Posted April 9, 2010 4:14:14 AM
Question about Lock IMHO you get just some "normal" RAM which (if no "onlywrite" flag is set) is initialized with the data from your GFX card. If you call unlock, all the data is put back to the card. I’m not sure about it, but it would make perfect sense. ... 
Posted October 13, 2003 4:55:46 AM
math classes DXSDK9 has a Matrix optimized for performance, but it does not work on every compiler. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/directx9_c/directx/graphics/reference/d3dx/structures/d3dxmatrixa16.asp [ Games... 
Posted October 7, 2003 6:37:50 AM
Compiling Source Code http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_.2f.i.asp [ Games made by gamers’ minds | maxiInnovation - miniCan | mail: ChristianRoesch@gmx.de ] 
Posted October 7, 2003 6:33:23 AM
DX8.1 & DX9 dev in one system The only thing you may keep is the documentation of the old SDK’s! [ Games made by gamers’ minds | maxiInnovation - miniCan | mail: ChristianRoesch@gmx.de ] 
Posted October 7, 2003 6:19:42 AM
Z-Buffer Problem Try to set your fr plane to 1000.0f. [ Games made by gamers’ minds | maxiInnovation - miniCan | mail: ChristianRoesch@gmx.de ] 
Posted October 7, 2003 6:14:41 AM
I need help with pointers This is well known: "Any software engineering problem can be solved by adding a level of indirection." Pointers allows to add levels of indirection. Concluson: Any software engineering problem can be solved by using pointers. [ Games made... 
Posted October 7, 2003 6:04:15 AM
DirectPlay Message handler as class member? You can also use the pvUserContext to store a pointer to an instance of the class wich includes the Msg-Handler. Your static function casts this void* and calls its handler. [ Games made by gamers’ minds | maxiInnovation - miniCan | mail:... 
Posted October 7, 2003 5:50:56 AM
Box -> Collision -> Ball? quote:Original post by Mushu but if you want it to be realistic then multiply the ball radius by something like 0.9 before adding it to the sides of the paddle rect.IMHO this is not realistic at all. [ Games made by gamers’ minds | m... 
Posted October 7, 2003 5:42:51 AM
View All Replies Made By This User