Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know GreenToad...  
Full Name Pete 
Nickname GreenToad 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City Emeryville, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://pete.nextraztus.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID gotpds 
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1147  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/18/2003 11:57:16 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Creo Hi Guys, Just wanted to share our latest game Creo. It's a physics puzzle game in which you build machines (in a very flexible editor) to reach the goal for each level. We're using bullet physics and a lot of custom code for realistic water and... 
Posted July 22, 2010 11:50:05 AM
Coraline Anyone seen this? I saw it this weekend in THREE DEE. The movie itself is great and very well done, a lot of impressive scenes for stop-motion. The story is well adapted from the book and sufficiently creepy (made some kids cry in the theater). I... 
Posted February 17, 2009 4:41:59 PM
Getting started with Scheme Hey guys, I'm looking to get started programming with Scheme, and I've been looking around for scheme compilers/IDEs. So far I've been looking at MIT/GNU Scheme, which seems like an ok set-up, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with th... 
Posted April 4, 2008 3:54:03 PM
Need help with a mmo puzzle solving game idea Hey everyone, I'm leading an eight month team month project this year, and I proposed a game. I'd like to get some feedback on the overview of the game's design. Suggestions, additions, subtractions, anything is welcome. However, I'm not inte... 
Posted October 25, 2006 1:41:41 PM
Sweet Dreams The is a game I made for the Experimental Gameplay Project's recent competition. It was developed in 2 weeks using Haaf's Game Engine and C++. I also drew all the art, animation, and performed and recorded all the sound effects and music. It's a r... 
Posted April 20, 2006 10:43:58 PM
Quaternions and Vectors I've been looking into quaternions lately and have a question. Say I've got a 3D point in space (x,y,z) I want to rotate it by using a quaternion. To do this, all I've seen other people do is convert the quaternion to a matrix, then multiply the ma... 
Posted February 26, 2006 7:07:52 PM
Movie script criticism (new and improved!) EDIT: Updated script here I've been wanting to get into more movie production, just as a hobby kind of thing. Shoot a short film here or there with my friends, stuff like that. Now I wrote a script, but I'm not sure how good it is. That's w... 
Posted August 18, 2005 5:01:55 PM
Symbian and the stdlib functions Recently, I tried using vsnprintf and sprintf on the symbian platform and got memory leaks as a result. At first I thought this was just some obscure bug and not my fault. However, today I tried using fopen(), fread(), fwrite(), and fclose() a... 
Posted April 8, 2005 8:44:30 PM
vsprintf and sprintf problems in Symbian Whenever I use vsprintf or sprintf, I get a "ALLOC: <memoryaddresshere>" error, which means there was a memory leak. Anyone know why this is? The code works perfectly on all other platforms, but on Symbian it generates a memory leak... 
Posted March 22, 2005 5:22:50 PM
C++ unions in Symbian I'm writing some basic utility classes for Symbian but I can't get a hold of the emulator or some actual hardware as of yet. I'm wondering if you can use C++'s unions in Symbian. Something like this: class blah { public: union { int a; cha... 
Posted January 20, 2005 4:31:53 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Collision Detection with Rotation ? A simple way to handle collision detection with rotated 2D objects (convex polygons) is to use Separating Axis Theorem. See here: http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/2dRotatedRectCollision/ http://www.metanetsoftware.com/techni... 
Posted December 3, 2010 1:28:03 AM
Anyone know any good stocks to invest in? So I've been trading, investing, gambling, whatever you want to call it in individual for about 2 years now. It's definitely a very scary roller coaster to be on and you must be prepared to lose any money you put in (don't invest/trade with you... 
Posted July 26, 2010 7:08:47 PM
Creo Cool, I think I'll invert the camera in the vertical direction by default (it's come up before). Just curious, does it crash every time in the same spot, or is it every now and then? 
Posted July 24, 2010 12:07:43 AM
Creo Quote:Original post by freeworld Looks like a cool physics sandbox, the view is a little disorienting, it's hard to see everything in a neat and orderly fashion. I didn't look into the control options if there are any, but it would be nice to be abl... 
Posted July 23, 2010 10:45:26 PM
Creo Hey ledz, Any particular bugs you ran into? We've fixed a bunch so far and will be updating again next week, but let me know if there's any you ran into so I can make sure they're fixed. I was also adding a new level today (features a giant te... 
Posted July 23, 2010 5:41:49 PM
XAudio2 - How come I am only able to play sound once with out reloading audio data? Hey chadsxe, So I tried this in my own engine, it looks like stopping and starting the voice is similar to pausing and playing. Looks like if you want to completely restart the sound, I'd stop the voice, delete it, and make a new one. You... 
Posted July 22, 2010 3:46:51 PM
XAudio2 - How come I am only able to play sound once with out reloading audio data? Definitely check out the docs for XAudio2: "After Start is called it has no further effect if called again before IXAudio2SourceVoice::Stop is called. In addition multiple calls to Start without matching calls to IXAudio2SourceVoice::Stop will res... 
Posted July 21, 2010 8:02:26 PM
btHeightfieldTerrainShape Hi, I had trouble with the heightfield shape too. You're correct in that it only wants your y (height) values. When I was setting mine up, I thought it was working at first, but then I realized everything was offset funky. It turns out (usin... 
Posted July 5, 2010 10:51:47 PM
XAudio2 and OGG as resource Hey man, I actually just wrote code today that does exactly what you want to do, load an entire ogg file into a buffer. It was slightly tricky, as like you mention, it's hard to determine the right buffer size. It turns out you can call ov_pcm_tota... 
Posted July 5, 2010 10:35:58 PM
Is DirectX Dying? DirectX is dying in the same way you and I die a little bit everyday. Also, XNA is just a relatively thin wrapper around DirectX. 
Posted March 18, 2010 1:08:46 AM
View All Replies Made By This User