Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know wforl...  
Full Name  
Nickname wforl 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description Student 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1037  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/26/2007 1:52:13 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
HLSL - Get viewport Width/Height Other than manually passing them in, is it possible to get the viewport width and height within a HLSL shader? (DX10) Something similar to Texture2D.GetDimensions(). 
Posted December 24, 2010 10:07:33 AM
ebooks Just wondering where people are getting their ebooks from(PDF). Ive found that very few sites seem to have computer programming related ebooks. Yet if you go to the publishers site they usually have an ebook section. 
Posted December 13, 2010 7:28:18 AM
SetScrollInfo calls WM_SIZE Why does calling SetScrollInfo() end up issueing a WM_SIZE event? It only seems to happen when when SIF_RANGE is used. 
Posted November 29, 2010 4:49:54 PM
Thoughts on the kindle? I've been thinking about picking up a kindle for quite some time now, cant really justify picking up an ipad, but I've only really ever seen it advertised or demonstrated showing ALL text. I'd be picking one up for saving my "Technical" boo... 
Posted November 28, 2010 1:44:27 PM
[win32] Checkbox background I'm wanting to change the background colour for checkbox and radio button controls, but have the rest of it still drawn for me. Which apparently I can do by responding to WM_CTLCOLORBTN, in the parents proc. I dont seem to recieve this message though... 
Posted November 20, 2010 4:04:28 AM
Graphics Card Technology My graphics card recently gave up and so I have the task of purchasing a new one, right before christmas might I add where money is slim. Anyway, I usually just read around the reviews and get an idea of what I want that way, rather than look... 
Posted November 16, 2010 5:00:43 PM
Reload Max plugins? Im developing a plugin for 3dsMax, that comes in the form of a .dll (dle). Is there a way to make max reload all its .dle's while the its running? So that i can make changes to the .dle project, recompile, and then get max to reload it. Instead of ha... 
Posted October 21, 2010 6:46:18 AM
Looking for somthing like an Archos I'm looking for something similar to an Archos portable media player, ..... but not by Archos :) Reason being, is that I've bought a few of their products, the last being the Archos 5, and find that the build quality isn't that great, and mine has... 
Posted October 1, 2010 9:49:17 AM
Directx10 Shader Instruction Count Is there a way to get information such as instruction count for Vertex, Pixel and Geometry shaders? I know you can get this information from the Nvidia and ATI tools, but was wanting to get it in my application after compiling a shader. The ... 
Posted September 1, 2010 8:49:50 AM
Ray/triangle test. Has this already been done? So, I came up with the following, and was wondering if had already been done? I believe it to work, although someone may find it doesnt work for all cases :) Here is what Im doing; 1. First test if ray hits the plane 2. if so, then test the... 
Posted August 4, 2010 8:35:22 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Good math resources Pauls online notes. Free full course notes in : Algebra Calculus 1,2,3 Linear Algebra Differential Equations And all in online and PDF form. I think this guy is great for putting this up. 
Posted December 2, 2010 5:50:26 AM
SetScrollInfo calls WM_SIZE I have a some other logic that I use on a WM_SIZE event, specifically the resizing of child windows. I dont want to do that when only the scrollbar has chnaged its range as that has no affect on the childwindows. Is there a way I can d... 
Posted November 30, 2010 2:00:56 PM
Blur & Glow You just add it with the the original rendertarget, using additive blending. If you have photoshop to hand, it works great for testing these kind of things. a) Create a new layer, and fill it with your intial scene render b) Use the levels too... 
Posted November 26, 2010 4:45:15 PM
Looking for somthing like an Archos Yeah, I had a look at the Cowons, but none of them meet the storage requirements. No other suggestions? Looks like I'm just going to have to give in and get something around the 64gb mark, and have to split up my music collection. :( I hate... 
Posted October 2, 2010 3:39:13 AM
Finding rotation angles from a normal For problem one, I'd create a basis, such as x = A4 - A1 z = A2 - A1 y = Cross( x, z ) And then problem two uses the same x,z NewPoint = A1 + ( Scale*x + Scale*z ); Where scale is between 0 and 1. Where you then position the basi... 
Posted September 26, 2010 4:57:55 PM
Directx10 Shader Instruction Count Why thankyou sir :) 
Posted September 1, 2010 10:15:26 AM
QuakeCon 2010 I missed the keynote speech. Hope its gets put up somewhere 
Posted August 14, 2010 1:19:45 PM
D3D10 dealing with multiple shaders I have all my meshes made from subsets, where a subset is basically a vertexbuffer/indexbuffer pair, with additional info such as index start, subset transform, topology, effect etc etc. And within each vertexbuffer I store a tag that identifies the... 
Posted August 9, 2010 2:18:12 PM
Ray/triangle test. Has this already been done? Quote: Yes, that's a standard method for testing for intersection between a ray and a triangle or other convex polygon. (It's not the only method, nor is it always the best choice, but it is standard.) ah, ok. I did have a quick search and... 
Posted August 4, 2010 3:34:46 PM
typing text to screen with directx 10 I implemented my simple console by redirecting my wndproc data to a console object. The blinking thingy isnt too hard to achieve. The best way is to separate what you read and store and what you render. Where when rendering you simple grab the text t... 
Posted July 28, 2010 7:26:34 PM
View All Replies Made By This User