Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know reinder...  
Full Name Reinder Nijhoff
Nickname reinder 
State/Province, Country Utrecht   Netherlands
GD Gathering City Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.infi.nl/blog 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/25/2004 4:07:13 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Realtime fluid dynamics on iPhone and iPad This is the first iPhone (and iPad) application I made. It is a realtime Navier Stokes equation solver for the iPod, iPhone or iPad. You can draw colors on the canvas using a single finger. When using multitouch gestures you can twist and twi... 
Posted July 19, 2010 11:07:18 AM
Marker Detection for Augmented Reality Applications Many augmented reality applications are based on the detection and reconstruction of the orientation and position of some markers. First step is the detection of black-on-white squares in an image. We implemented (just for fun) such an algor... 
Posted April 7, 2010 10:51:33 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Marker Detection for Augmented Reality Applications Yes, it is running in real time using my iSight on a MacBook Pro (640x480) and my iMac (1280x1024). At the end of the blog post you can find a video of the marker detection in action. This video was captured while the algorithm was running in re... 
Posted April 8, 2010 9:47:50 AM
rendering with distance fields Two weeks ago I spend 7 hours to implement a very simple distance field renderer using de Go language (as an experiment and just for fun). You can find my results here: http://www.infi.nl/blog/view/id/47/Rendering_distance_fields_using_the_Go_lang... 
Posted February 19, 2010 4:59:35 AM
[MDX]AgrDX3DE Game engine Nice doom-3 level ;-) 
Posted November 28, 2006 10:37:24 AM
portal engine visibility math, alternative approaches 'My' aproach works best with large sectors. The sector's can be non-convex (unlike descent) if you render the sectors using z-buffering which is pretty standard today :-). I think this method is a very good for 'hardware accelerated' rendering becau... 
Posted September 15, 2004 5:33:55 AM
portal engine visibility math, alternative approaches You can also project the vertices of a portal to screen coords and calculate the bounding square. When you draw the next sector you clip the bounding squares of the portals with the bounding square of the first portal. (see http://developer.infi.nl... 
Posted September 13, 2004 10:21:48 AM
Doom 3 .map question the .proc files contains the 'level' data (sectors and portals) and some pregenerated shadow volumes. The .cm file is used for collision detection. The level is rendered using a portal-based visibility algorithm. I wrote some demo's reading the .pr... 
Posted September 13, 2004 9:03:04 AM
Whoah! 6 GMail invites! hmm, is there someone who want to invite me (please..)?? reinder _at_ infi.nl 
Posted August 25, 2004 4:15:25 PM
View All Replies Made By This User