Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know animator...  
Full Name Paul 
Nickname animator 
State/Province, Country Tyne and Wear   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Newcastle upon tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.marjupi.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Developer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1010  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/2/2008 2:51:35 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Quitting programming as a job! I don't know if anyone has had the same experience but I've found that although I like doing a bit of programming at home (when I have an idea about something and I want to implement it out of curiosity) as an actual job I hate it with a passion. ... 
Posted November 30, 2010 11:56:04 PM
Sssh! Secret voucher for Animation Software Hello, did anyone go to the Flash on the Beach thing in Brighton? You may have received one of these flyers for 25% off Awesome Animator software? If you didn't the voucher code are all the same it is: FOTB1234. Here is a link to the vouche... 
Posted October 3, 2010 8:35:25 PM
New programming idea Here is my programming idea for a simpler language. Tell me if its been done before. It is more like natural language. IF x==(3 or 4) in c++ would be: if(x==3 || x==4) IF x(==3 or >5) in c++ would be: if(x==3 || x>5) IF (x or y)&... 
Posted September 23, 2010 5:06:26 PM
what linux or Windows CE netbook? Can anyone recommend a really cheap light netbook that runs Linux or Windows CE? I've seen some about that are about £100 or less. What I want it for is to write my sci-fi novel on the move. So the only specifications it needs is to be able... 
Posted April 3, 2010 9:27:40 PM
How can I make a web application run on a desktop? If I have a web application made with: HTML, javascript, PHP and SQL with a server side database which runs online in a browser. Is there a way to use the same code to run on a desktop not connected to the internet? i.e. I presume... 
Posted September 6, 2009 11:59:22 AM
Patchwork Personalities This is a something I'm experienting with. You can make a patchwork and use it as your signiture. Suggestions welcome. 
Posted August 31, 2009 1:47:02 PM
"Help! Aliens!" is now free! I decided to give my game away for free! Hooray for me. Clue: If you type this word anytime in the game it will unlock all the levels. The secret word is got by taking every third letter from this sentence: US AND ALL FOR ICE OK? download... 
Posted August 5, 2009 3:50:07 PM
Multilingual idea! I had this great idea that would be useful on the GameDev site. It would be a section with translations of all the usual game menu phrases into several languages. Such as START GAME, EXIT, SAVE GAME, SINGLE PLAYER, MULTIPLAYER, CHOOSE LEVEL,... 
Posted July 25, 2009 4:12:31 PM
best sales model? Hi all. Here's my problem: I have been using Protexis to sell my software/games but it is giving me all sorts of problems. A big one is that there is no interface to give people refunds you have to email them and ask. Their website is slow to vi... 
Posted July 25, 2009 4:00:01 PM
got any tips to get to be a Level Editor? I've decided that my dream job is to be a "level editor" on computer games. My current job is in game programming but I want to do something more creative. Thing, is I'm not sure what they are looking for exactly. I have made games in my spare t... 
Posted July 15, 2009 12:02:26 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Quitting programming as a job! I'm not terrible and not brilliant at programming. But I hate it soooooooooo much. The thought of going back to it. Sitting at a desk for hours on end. I know I would quit within a week. I feel like I'm in a prison doing a punishment! For som... 
Posted December 1, 2010 12:32:15 AM
Is C++ being replaced with C#? C# is Microsoft only I believe. So while you can make XBox360 games with it, for PS3, for example, you will need C++. Also I expect iPad, Linux PCs, Mac, Nintendo Wii etc. games will be written in C++. 
Posted December 1, 2010 12:11:24 AM
How can I make a web application run on a desktop? Thanks I will try that. I also googles "Portable Web Server" and there seems to be some things I'm looking for. I might try Server2Go as well. 
Posted September 6, 2009 12:25:50 PM
How can I make a web application run on a desktop? My thing is I would like to write a program that uses a database and have the choice whether to run it on a desktop with a local database or run it in a webpage with a server database. But I don't want to write the thing twice. So it looks like... 
Posted September 6, 2009 12:15:26 PM
Math Help? Perhaps you have your brackets in the wrong place since: (pow(x,2)-(2.0*x))/(pow(x,2)-x-2.0); is the same as ((x^2)-2x)/((x^2)-x-2) and pow(x,2)-(2.0*x)/pow(x,2)-x-2.0; is the same as (x^2)-2x/(x^2)-x-2 
Posted September 1, 2009 3:18:47 PM
Job interview... very technical??? I had questions such as: (physics:) If I drop a ball how far will it fall after 5 seconds. (3d math:) What 4x4 matrix would transform a vector A to vector B. (c++:) What does private, public and protected mean? Luckily I didn't have to answer... 
Posted August 31, 2009 1:51:49 PM
I just got lasik eye surgery My eyes are -5.5 but I'm too sacared to get laser eye surgery. :O But good luck with your eyes anyhow. 
Posted August 31, 2009 1:34:17 PM
Need a 2D drawing software Inkscape's not bad for a 2D vector free software. Well, I like it. 
Posted August 31, 2009 1:22:09 PM
iL-engine v2.0 nice candals may I say. 
Posted August 31, 2009 1:15:28 PM
We're coming home! That looks really nice. I'll have to wait till I get an Xbox to play it though! 
Posted August 31, 2009 12:55:39 PM
View All Replies Made By This User