Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know poofycheeks...  
Full Name  
Nickname poofycheeks 
State/Province, Country WA   United States
GD Gathering City Vancouver, WA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1002  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/16/2009 3:26:12 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
We're coming home! Hey! I just added earth into my game! So thought I might share some screenshots with you guys :) It's a fleet sim / space shooter using WASD + mouse (kind of like FPS games) Earth is made up of Mesh, 2 Color Maps for night and day, Normal Ma... 
Posted August 24, 2009 12:47:41 PM
Fleet Simulation AI Hi, I have a space shooter game that's currently using a Finite State Machine type of logic. Every ship has a priority queue of nearby enemies. The ship grabs the closest one then tries to kill the target. The game is visually 3D however the gam... 
Posted August 16, 2009 7:03:18 AM
Slipstream online! The gate is a mesh + some quad particles :) 
Posted August 16, 2009 9:21:34 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
We're coming home! I can get 300 max on my NV 8400M GS on normal settings If I turn on bloom + get a tons of ships, it'd drop to 30-60fps but still playable. Also sound is a huge factor, and managing them wisely on a game this level is needed.... 
Posted August 26, 2009 7:28:11 PM
We're coming home! Hehe you're absolutely right. My friend made those models, and textured them. I help out sometimes with the glow layers but that's about it. I'm planning on adding clouds onto that so it should look a little better. 
Posted August 24, 2009 11:50:21 PM
Fleet Simulation AI Ahhh thanks for the input! So what about for squad tactics and fleet strategy? How do you think I should do those? I'm currently thinking of just coding that logic in. I've watched videos about self-learning AI's. Those seem very interesting bu... 
Posted August 18, 2009 5:45:31 PM
Slipstream online! Haha I didn't expect such an interest so I just wrote down some basic stuff. The game's a space shooter / fleet sim. There's no real background to it since I've focused mainly on coding the engine. I'm using the XNA wrapper for DirectX. T... 
Posted August 18, 2009 11:40:05 AM
Slipstream online! Thanks! Oh really? I didn't know that. I heard it from Andromeda the TV show. Check out the website for videos :) 
Posted August 17, 2009 1:27:29 AM
Slipstream online! Thanks! My website is at: http://students.washington.edu/wuwc/sfx/index.php :) 
Posted August 16, 2009 10:54:17 PM
View All Replies Made By This User