Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know danto...  GDNet+
Full Name Tim Pelham
Nickname danto 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.nitrousbutterfly.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Founder 
Job Description Everything 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1023  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/18/2003 9:52:03 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net//journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
NuVera Online Nuvera Online is a new 3D Social Virtual World that has just opened it's doors. We're excited to move out of the Private Beta phase and into the Public Beta phase. The NuVera Online team consists of two dedicated and passionate people. To... 
Posted October 4, 2010 5:16:32 PM
3D Social Networking Finally have some early screenshots of a 3D Social Networking project we've been working on for some time now called NuVera Online. The above screenshots show the ability to place and manipulate objects in an environment as well as some... 
Posted October 20, 2008 12:03:09 PM
cal3d texture issue I looked through the developers forum and did not find an answer to this. I have a problem retrieving the userdata from the calcorematerial for texture mapping. I'm using the code from the miniviewer for cal3d ...it's layed out very differently... 
Posted November 26, 2005 6:43:46 PM
Alpha Blending Issue The subject line makes it sound like a simple problem...well maybe it is, but I certainly can't figure it out. I have had alpha textures working in my engine...still do, but I have some that have just plain stopped working. It's not the texture as I'... 
Posted September 22, 2005 4:36:05 PM
Nitrous Butterfly -- For Gamers and Developers Nitrous Butterfly -- For Gamers and DevelopersPosted by: Tim Pelham at July 9, 2005 8:32:07 PMNitrous Butterfly Announces New Web Portal for Gamers and Developers Indie Gaming Company continues to show unique support for gaming community WEST... 
Posted July 9, 2005 8:32:07 PM
Nitrous Butterfly releases Alien Defense PRESS CONTACT: Tim Pelham Creative Director/CEO tpelham@nitrousbutterfly.com Nitrous Butterfly Announces New Game Launch Alien Defense dubbed "Classic Arcade Shooter…with a twist!" WESTPORT, MA - (July 7, 2005) Nitrous Butterfly, LLC, an in... 
Posted July 9, 2005 8:36:29 PM
C++ Builder File IO I figured this forum would be correct as this is more a general problem. I have a resource manager that I built for my game engine and I decided to create an external resource package editor in Borland C++ Builder. Everything appears to work fine... 
Posted July 7, 2005 3:09:13 PM
select buffer in ortho mode Alright I'm a bit confused on this. I am having a bit of trouble getting object selection working correctly. In my scene I have objects that are being drawn in ortho mode (GUI objects) and objects that are being drawn in perspective mode (th... 
Posted April 30, 2005 10:45:30 PM
strange std compile errors I have recently had a strange compile error that I cannot seem to figure out. It started propagating on some of my projects for no reason...even projects that I have not changed. At first i thought it was just a random element, but it seems to b... 
Posted March 27, 2005 5:53:24 PM
Freelance Artists for Hire Nitrous Butterfly is a small company with dedicated artists. We have extensive background in creating 3D art assets for video games. Let us create the art so you can develop your game. For more information and a portfolio please visit: Nitrous... 
Posted October 8, 2004 8:20:25 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
NuVera Online The texture quality will vary as we allow for custom content from our users. 
Posted October 6, 2010 11:03:53 AM
NuVera Online Nuvera Online is a cross platform (Windows and Mac) 3D virtual environment for adults 18 years of age and older. The primary focus of NuVera is to allow the users to participate in the over all creation process by allowing them input into the... 
Posted October 5, 2010 2:43:24 PM
java objectinputstream doubt... I'm not at all familiar with java code, but I searched google and found someone that appears to have a similar problem. Maybe this will help you out: http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=552993&messageID=2748469 
Posted November 27, 2005 11:11:54 PM
cal3d texture issue Further Investigation: Alright I've narrowed down the problem, but again I don't know why the problem is occuring. This line is used to grab the stored texture id of the current submesh which is not working. pCalRenderer->getMapUserData(0) ... 
Posted November 27, 2005 12:43:16 PM
Alpha Blending Issue Absolutely. If I view the image in my resource editor or in the image viewer in the engine it shows it with the alpha transparent, but for some reason as an entity object it is not showing correctly. 
Posted September 22, 2005 6:49:14 PM
Alpha Blending Issue Yes I am drawing in the correct order. I'm not sure that is the problem though...for instance I have a tile grid that is using alphas and that works correctly. I draw the sprite on top of that and it is not coming up transparent. Example...  
Posted September 22, 2005 6:22:25 PM
C++ Builder File IO OK I managed to resolve the problem myself. For some reason there was a minor bug related to how the compiler handles sizeof functions on structs. My header file was setup as a struct and had a character array a member of the struct. I fixed the... 
Posted July 8, 2005 11:15:41 AM
When to thread? Definitely agree with the KISS method. Threads are very helpful with tasks that demand contstant activity, but might slow down performance for other operations. Personally I always try to avoid threads if I can. I always try to find a different way t... 
Posted July 7, 2005 3:16:50 PM
select buffer in ortho mode Ok. Now what I'm doing though is in the game a make a call to glperspective when I first initialize opengl and anything rendered in that mode I just push/pop the matrix. When I want to draw in ortho however I'm pushing the projection matrix and creat... 
Posted May 1, 2005 12:25:05 AM
strange std compile errors You are my new god! I totally didn't see that and was stupid enough to include the vc98 headers in the friggin project. I removed that and the errors went away. Praise be to snk_kid! THANK YOU! 
Posted March 27, 2005 6:22:16 PM
View All Replies Made By This User