Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know vrnunes...  
Full Name Vander Nunes
Nickname vrnunes 
State/Province, Country Espirito Santo   Brazil
GD Gathering City Vitoria, Espirito Santo, Brazil
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.imersiva.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/3/2006 4:47:56 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Etherea1 (teaser) For some time now (about 8 months) I'm spending my weekends programming this new engine + demo in C++ from scratch (using only the OpenGL API, because of the obvious hardware acceleration advantage). All planets are 100% procedural, real size... 
Posted January 4, 2011 11:31:18 AM
Rebels Racing 3D Preview #2 This is the second preview of the indie game that I'm currently developing in my spare time. Actually I'm making little progress because time is not being enough for me, but I still hope to finish this little thing someday. I am working alone, pro... 
Posted June 7, 2009 1:16:46 AM
Rebels Racing 3D Preview 1 The first preview of my upcoming independent game called Rebels Racing 3D, for Win32, programmed in C# for the XNA platform. I chose it because of the possibility of publishing the game to the XBOX 360 (hope to do that until the end of this year). ... 
Posted January 25, 2009 12:33:30 AM
Mobile Demos Pack This is a pack with four mobile demos demonstrating my 2D and 3D game engines for brew enabled mobile devices. The upper-left image shows the 3D Earth app. 3D Earth renders the earth, the sun and the moon, but with one interesting detail: the... 
Posted January 5, 2006 11:05:53 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Etherea1 (teaser) Video is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaeFph4HPQ 
Posted January 6, 2011 9:10:56 AM
Etherea1 (teaser) Quote:I'm interested in watching it running too. I'd appreciate a video aswell, as I'm on Linux :) Etherea1 (the game) will run under both Linux, OSX and Windows. That is planned from the beginning. I will need some time to port the engine, b... 
Posted January 5, 2011 8:49:27 AM
Etherea1 (teaser) Quote:Original post by swiftcoder Any chance you can post a video of it in operation? Us Mac types can't see much of it otherwise [smile] Yes, for sure, I started capturing with kkapture, had to abort, but will fully capture and upload somewhere.... 
Posted January 4, 2011 5:40:28 PM
Ether Fields I can't see anything wrong with the engine being called 'edge', as someone pointed out above. And the game/engine looks quite nice to me (I write my own engines as well). The only wrong thing I see is the site not providing an english version... 
Posted December 23, 2009 7:10:23 PM
Rebels Racing 3D Preview #2 Well, this is already an old post, but the preview #3 is available. The preview #2 I think has killed the gameplay with the "infinite random terrains" idea, because there was no real challenge then. Preview #3 has the original hand-made single-... 
Posted October 12, 2009 9:50:33 AM
Rebels Racing 3D Preview #2 Quote:Original post by LordAsm Hey! Always good to see a fellow Brazilian around here! There are not so many of us around. Hi, nice to meet you. =) Quote:Original post by LordAsm Hope you finish it soon! Thanks! Quote:Original pos... 
Posted June 8, 2009 6:35:38 PM
Rebels Racing 3D Preview #2 Thanks! Quote:Original post by dpadam450 When doing your procedural terrain, you could still have hills on the main path instead of it always being flat. Hills and curves appear gradually as you advance in the game. Quote:Original... 
Posted June 8, 2009 6:30:37 PM
Missing most textures on ati cards :( Non power of two textures, that is your problem. Resize your textures to be power of two in size (512x512, 512x256, etc), and you'll be fine. 
Posted February 14, 2009 6:33:20 PM
Rebels Racing 3D Preview 1 Yet another update to the preview #1, this time hopefully fixing ATI incompatibility. Thanks for the kind comments and many regards! 
Posted February 13, 2009 10:05:43 PM
Rebels Racing 3D Preview 1 FYI: One more update, fixing a non power of two texture. There are remaining issues with ATI cards, I don't know when I'll fix those, as I don't own any ATI cards at this moment. Thank you for your comments! [Edited by - vrnunes on Janua... 
Posted January 27, 2009 5:53:42 PM
View All Replies Made By This User