Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dudedbz1...  Banned
Full Name  
Nickname dudedbz1 
State/Province, Country NY   United States
GD Gathering City New York, NY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 783  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/13/2005 3:36:27 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How is 3d faked in the Game Boy Advance? Ok, now the Nintendo DS can handle 3d stuff, as much as I know(like Super Mario 64 DS). But there were some games for the GameBoy Advance that had 3d. I figured they faked it somehow because as much as I know the GBA cant handle 3d. Some games... 
Posted November 10, 2005 5:19:51 PM
entry point must be defined??? Huh? I have a simple SDL app running in Visual C++ Studio 2k5 Express... Well, not running though. I get this: LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined What is this? I'm guess its because I'm not linking with SDL. Well, how... 
Posted November 7, 2005 10:02:51 PM
Microsoft Visual C++ Studio 8 Express - ??? How do I link with libraries ??? EDIT: IT IS FIXED New question, how do I link agaisnt other libraries? I've seen #pragma in action, but just exaclty how does #pragma work? And should I have it in every file? If not #pragma, then how can I link??? [Edited by - dudedbz1 on N... 
Posted November 7, 2005 7:24:18 PM
OpenGL + SDL Hi all, Ok, I may seem like those people who like keep on moving even if they dont get something until they make the best FPS 'EVAR'.. Well, I'm in middle school and right now I'm just experimenting with SDL and stuff and other stuff. I h... 
Posted November 6, 2005 8:17:17 PM
SDL_Flip() crashing Hi all! Here we go!!! SDL_Flip() seems to crash my program. I figured this by commenting out my line: //app.Flip(); Now, here is that function: void cApp_Flip() {SDL_Flip(m_Screen);} m_Screen gets set up with this: app.cApp_InitWi... 
Posted November 5, 2005 6:21:08 PM
(macros + functions) && (templates) [C++] Ok, I have two questions. The first: I know about templated classes: template<class T> class foo { T member; }; But is it possible to just have a templated function? Like this: template<class T> T add(T x, T y) {return x + y... 
Posted November 5, 2005 3:20:19 PM
Can encapsulation go any further? Ditto. So, can it go further than this: int main(int, char**) { Game game; return 0; } Thats how my game is running right now, and it seems pretty good, its all in a class. My guess would be that that's as far as you can go... 
Posted November 2, 2005 4:51:47 PM
Whats your favorite word? Ditto. I have a several. 1) Math 2) Math 3) Math 4) Uhhh & Hmmm (tied) 5) Bob 
Posted November 1, 2005 6:31:09 PM
I came up with a good SDL Engine idea. Hi all. Some of you may remember me talking about SDL_Engine in the past. Well, I got a new idea. Now I would have SDL_Engine handle the base stuff, a new SDL_EngineMini which handles all little stuff(SDL_WM_SetCaption(...), ...), a new SDL_Engine... 
Posted October 29, 2005 8:24:48 AM
Space Invaders How would I go about making a clone of a classic Space Invaders game with SDL? What I came up with now is a simple engine: SDL_EngineMain.h #ifndef SDL_ENGINEMAIN_H #define SDL_ENGINEMAIN_H #include <SDL.h> #include "Image.h" #incl... 
Posted October 29, 2005 5:42:51 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
How is 3d faked in the Game Boy Advance? Quote:Original post by I Like Bread Raycasting is all fine and good, but what about this game? Yeah, that game is of high quality(atleast for the GBA). I dont think they used ray-casting. Any ideas? 
Posted November 10, 2005 7:03:29 PM
mcount? Whats that? Quote:Original post by Boku San About the mcount problem...I googled for "mcount SDL" and this came up third. Quote:Original post made long, long ago by jdhardy Try -lmingw -lSDLmain -lSDL. -lmingw is required for WinMain, which is used in SDLma... 
Posted November 10, 2005 6:38:29 AM
mcount? Whats that? Well.. Its not much of an error. Already what I said: .objs\cApp.o:cApp.cpp:(.text+0xf): undefined reference to `mcount' .objs\cApp.o:cApp.cpp:(.text+0x1a9): undefined reference to `mcount' .objs\cApp.o:cApp.cpp:(.text+0x343): undefined refere... 
Posted November 9, 2005 6:12:26 PM
problem with SDL_TTF Your colorkey... You have to check for things like this lol. Anyways, look up a little. You have: // a NULL surface, fine... SDL_Surface* textSurface = NULL; // a font, fine... TTF_Font* font = TTF_OpenFont("f:\\TTILLR\\Debug\\ARIAL.TTF",... 
Posted November 8, 2005 9:00:06 PM
[SDL] Flickering when clearing the screen... Quote:Original post by ShoeStringGames Hi, Im currently in the process of trying to write my first game engine. So far everything is running smooth and things are coming together great. The problem that im running into is with animation. When I bli... 
Posted November 8, 2005 4:18:24 PM
entry point must be defined??? I did all that, step by step... It gives me this: LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry point must be defined What does that mean? I'm linking with SDLmain.lib and SDL.lib, and have it set to 'Multithreaded DLL'. What am I doing wrong? 
Posted November 8, 2005 10:23:12 AM
entry point must be defined??? Quote:Original post by misterPhyrePhox To link the SDL libraries, you can use the #pragma comment compiler directive at the beginning of your main.cpp file or whatever: #pragma comment(lib, "SDL.lib") #pragma comment(lib, "SDLmain.lib") You could... 
Posted November 7, 2005 10:29:28 PM
entry point must be defined??? Ok, I think that did away with that error... But now I get more: main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SDL_Quit referenced in function _SDL_main main.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _SDL_SetVideoMode referenced in... 
Posted November 7, 2005 10:18:35 PM
Microsoft Visual C++ Studio 8 Express - ??? How do I link with libraries ??? Quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil Pragma will work, but in general, people just do it from within their linker settings. There should be a list of files to link with, and you can just add the .lib files you want to link to to it. *cough*Wher... 
Posted November 7, 2005 8:39:36 PM
Microsoft Visual C++ Studio 8 Express - ??? How do I link with libraries ??? ^^^ *New question* ^^^ I decided to make a new question since this thread was really related to that of the new question... 
Posted November 7, 2005 8:29:18 PM
View All Replies Made By This User