Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know A-E...  
Full Name Arvydas Burdulis
Nickname A-E 
State/Province, Country Kauno Apskritis   Lithuania
GD Gathering City Kaunas, Kauno Apskritis, Lithuania
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://ae.gamedev.lt 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description Educational game programmer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1024  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/14/2007 11:05:29 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent replies made on our forums
Circular Tetris This is hard :) 
Posted October 16, 2010 4:45:05 AM
OpenAL Attenuation Check if you are using single-channel sounds. OpenAL attenuation doesn't work with stereo sounds. 
Posted August 10, 2010 2:20:26 AM
Sandbox Quote:Original post by TadasZ What additional functionality do you expect? It would be nice to hear. One of the features I would expect in a world editor is othographic scene projection. Don't have plans using this tool by now, but who knows :) 
Posted June 14, 2010 3:37:47 PM
Sandbox Nice tool :) Do you have plans improving it? 
Posted June 13, 2010 4:22:43 AM
Hovercraft LOL, my fault. I was to lazy to check out system requirements :) I think the camera should not be bound to the hovercraft so strictly because this eliminates the feel of speed and distance from terrain. All in all, it's a good start :) 
Posted April 29, 2010 2:10:03 PM
Hovercraft The game asked for "PhysXLoader.dll". I downloaded it from dll-files.com and now the game crashes, the last message I see is "Loading terrain...". My system is 64-bit Vista, if this will help... 
Posted April 29, 2010 12:18:18 PM
(c++) auto-initialize basic variables? One dirty trick: In your class, define something like int _end; as the last parameter, then in constructor: memset(this, 0, int(&_end) - int(this)); 
Posted April 7, 2010 2:16:40 AM
opengl depth buffer Your calculated winDepth values are -10, -9, -8..., and they are out of defined visibility range. Don't know about your specifics, but my bet is you should write: winDepth = getWindowWithLayer(i)->layer + Z_NEAR; 
Posted April 7, 2010 1:44:03 AM
3D Car Model BMW 1er? :) It would be nice to see some screens from your modeling app. 
Posted March 31, 2010 12:35:15 PM
How to get size from OggVorbis_File? Don't know if there is a way to do this, but you can use dynamic container like vector<char> and decode ogg stream block-by-block. That is exactly what I do. 
Posted November 4, 2009 3:12:45 PM
View All Replies Made By This User