Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know DecipherOne...  GDNet+
Full Name Will Canada
Nickname DecipherOne 
State/Province, Country IA   United States
GD Gathering City Des Moines, IA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.decipherone.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Lead Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1117  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/8/2003 6:20:38 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/D1/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Welcome Yammine I'd just like to take a minute to say welcome. You're the first new member in over two years. (Wow , I sent out invitations a while ago). I think it's great that you decided to join, and hope that we can coordinate an initiative to get to know o... 
Posted August 11, 2007 9:02:04 AM
Data Corruption Ok, I have a MFC Dialog "YES MFC" that takes a few different parameters to initialize the window, graphic settings, and sound for my application. You set the selections and it gets saved to a file that loads at runtime. The problem I'm having is... 
Posted February 13, 2007 10:31:47 PM
Proposed meeting times & locations. Currently I am the only member of this group. I have sent out e-mails to all registerd members in my area as an invitation to join, and as such, I hope they take advantage of this. I would like to see a bi-weekly meeting take place. This may... 
Posted July 14, 2005 8:35:25 AM
Welcome This is a thread for introductions. My name is Will C. and I am an avid game hobbyist and have been for going on three years or so now, well the developement end that is. I have been playing games since the days of the Atari 2600. I am curren... 
Posted July 14, 2005 8:30:32 AM
A One Act Interactive Drama A One Act Interactive DramaPosted by: DecipherOne at July 8, 2005 5:56:07 AMTaken from www.interactivestory.net Façade is an artificial intelligence-based art/research experiment in electronic narrative – an attempt to move beyond traditional bra... 
Posted July 8, 2005 5:56:07 AM
A Call for Models I'm not talking about fashion models here. I am currently working on further development of my game C.F.L. Currently the code base is strictly used in a console format, and after much deliberation, I have decided to forego the jump to pure 3D, a... 
Posted May 14, 2005 6:24:54 AM
DecipherOne Productions Hello, although I have been wondering around this website for a bout a year off and on, it has taken me this long to sign up and become a member of the community. At any rate, here I am, and I thought that I would give everyone my website add... 
Posted March 8, 2003 6:47:27 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
To Change or Not to Change Screen Resolution I would also use a scalable form, just use percentages of the size of the resolution to scale the form. Even if you decide to go with a set size for resolution it's still good practice I think and if you decide to change your mind later on, you... 
Posted December 30, 2007 1:14:18 AM
Iowa straw poll censorship? Romney's popular with the older crowd, which is who mostly participate in the straw poll from my understanding.They only make up a small portion of the population as well. I don't think there is really a republican running for the nomination tha... 
Posted August 14, 2007 9:42:20 AM
Critique this ad design The add looks great, although I'm not a supporter of Ron Paul. Seeing the guy speak makes me think that John Wayne Gacy and Mr. Rogers had a love child together. I don't know what it is about him, but he's just got something not quite right. Also, I... 
Posted August 14, 2007 9:27:08 AM
SIGGRAPH 2007 - The OpenGL ARB officially announced OpenGL 3 I'll second that yay. 
Posted August 11, 2007 10:48:04 AM
MAGIC Game Dev Contest - Results are in! Some unforeseen tragedy aside, I'm in. Unless I loose my thumbs the day before, I don't think I could hit the space bar with anything else. If that happens, I'll be spending the week relearning to type. 
Posted May 19, 2007 1:14:19 AM
Game Dev Competition - June 3rd A quick brainstorm of some things that come to mind for possible themes for the competition. Aquarian Age - Age of Aquarius and all Climate Change - Falls into play with the former or you could go all carbon emission on it. Energy - Con... 
Posted May 6, 2007 12:39:22 AM
Data Corruption Well it took me all night but I finally came up with a solution. I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it, but it works. int SettingsManager::Load_V_Settings() { fstream stream; stream.open("../../config.ini",ios::in|ios::binar... 
Posted February 14, 2007 7:08:04 AM
Data Corruption Thank you very much for your response. This is exactly what I was thinking was the problem but I wasn't sure how the internals of the string class were implemented. I know of serialization, but was wanting to hold off on learning those practice... 
Posted February 14, 2007 3:00:17 AM
Memory errors Quote:Original post by KulSeran DecipherOne, that is totally confusing the way you worded it. Better to say that if you are using the if ( p ) construct to test if a pointer is pointing to good memory then you also have to set p=NULL after freei... 
Posted February 14, 2007 12:18:50 AM
Memory errors After you are freeing your memory, what are you doing with your pointers? If you are not setting them to NULL then this would cause memory leaks. Even if you free the memory if you do not initialize the values to something right away, and then try to... 
Posted February 13, 2007 11:00:49 PM
View All Replies Made By This User