Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mal_CanDo...  
Full Name Mal Duffin
Nickname mal_CanDo 
State/Province, Country Belfast   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Belfast, Belfast, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.candointeractive.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title 3D Coder / Designer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/6/2007 7:35:11 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
"3D Planets" - first iPhone app This is our first iPhone app, "3D Planets". It was chosen for a few reasons, not least of which is the fact that it was a relatively simple 3D application to develop while learning the ropes of iPhone development, as well as the submission process... 
Posted June 29, 2009 3:35:49 PM
Web 3D Solar system ( and planetarium ) With all of the recent planet related posts, I thought I'd show this one. It's a Web 3D ( Shockwave ) based Solar System, showing the various planets. Information is dynamically streamed in at each planet ( or camera stop ) as a .PNG, so tha... 
Posted September 19, 2008 3:53:03 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
"3D Planets" - first iPhone app I've just submitted the v1.1 update. This is a LOT smoother on older iPhones, as well as allowing you to view a cut-away core of each planet. Mal 
Posted July 1, 2009 9:23:21 AM
Gamebryo LightSpeed adds PhysX to Wii development > Gamebryo and the newly announced Gamebryo LightSpeed™ are the only third party engines with NVIDIA PhysX technology directly coordinated with the Wii toolset. Hmmm... doesn't Unity 3D also use PhysX, and is available to license on... 
Posted March 9, 2009 5:02:47 PM
Web 3D Solar system ( and planetarium ) Hi folks, Thanks for the feedback so far... I'll bring up the possibility of having a blend as part of the PNG backgrounds, where the information is shown - that should help it feel more open. I'll also get the information changed ( regardin... 
Posted September 21, 2008 6:24:29 AM
Eximion system test needs help Hi Eximon, Good luck with your development on a new 3D web plugin, and games portal! Starting one from scratch is a brave move! I'm sure you've already been over this, but I though I'd post just in case. If you would like to focus j... 
Posted May 4, 2007 1:28:30 PM
Last Dawn Nice work on the update - the helicopter doesn't appear now in infinite mode. One thing though - it seems to run quite a bit slower, what all changes did you make to it? Mal 
Posted May 2, 2007 8:08:15 AM
Last Dawn > Still, considering the level of positive feedback I've received here, I may > consider making a new version, as seeing you all respond is really motivating > and inspiring. An update would be awesome! One last tweak - a number of... 
Posted April 17, 2007 10:24:21 AM
Scythe Physics Editor Nice work - allowing modelling artists to also set up physics visually is a great goal! There has been talk of creating something similar in the open source Blender app ( which has both modelling, and built in games engine ) - if you would like to... 
Posted April 10, 2007 11:02:45 AM
Last Dawn Congratulations on an excellent game! If you're not developing it any further, would you be able to fix a bug - it seems that, when I choose the third "No one is coming to save you" option ( ie keep zapping more and more zombies until yo... 
Posted April 6, 2007 7:54:29 AM
View All Replies Made By This User