Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know bpops...  
Full Name  
Nickname bpops 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.scriptcrawler.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1019  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/29/2004 5:19:46 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
help linking direct 3d library I know some C, C++, Java, and IDL, but I am completely new to Direct3D and graphics in general. I picked up this book, Beginning Game Programming by Jonathan Harbour, which teaches game programming via C++ and Direct3D. I'm on the 5th Chapter,... 
Posted October 6, 2005 10:32:48 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
help linking direct 3d library thanks again, Harryu. It's getting late here, so I need to head off to bed, but I'll give this a go in the morning and see if I can get it working. It's really great that there's people like you out there willing to help out newbie programmers... 
Posted October 6, 2005 11:35:47 PM
help linking direct 3d library sorry, i suppose it's a bit difficult to read since the tabs didn't all translate over 
Posted October 6, 2005 11:18:17 PM
help linking direct 3d library i still get the problem. If it helps, here's my entire code: Quote: //Beginning Game Programming //Chapter 5 //d3d_windowed program //header files to include #include <windows.h> #include <d3d9.h> #include <time.h> //... 
Posted October 6, 2005 11:17:38 PM
help linking direct 3d library hmm.. well I added d3dx9.lib to the project settings, and moved EVERY .lib file from the Microsoft DirectX library folder to the Visual C++ folder, and now I'm getting a slightly different error: Quote:--------------------Configuration: winmain -... 
Posted October 6, 2005 11:02:47 PM
help linking direct 3d library :( I hate to be a pest, but after all the errors were cleaned up it compiled just fine. When I ran it, however, there were linking problems: Quote:--------------------Configuration: winmain - Win32 Debug-------------------- Linking... winmain.o... 
Posted October 6, 2005 10:51:10 PM
help linking direct 3d library ah, ok, so the Microsoft DirectX SDK has a folder called "Include." I copied all the files from there to the "Include" folder in the MS Visual C++ directory, and all worked (except the compile errors, but that's a different story!) So thanks for t... 
Posted October 6, 2005 10:46:40 PM
help linking direct 3d library i will give that a try and let you know. thanks 
Posted October 6, 2005 10:40:47 PM
View All Replies Made By This User