Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Prinz Eugn...  GDNet+
Full Name Mark Simpson
Nickname Prinz Eugn 
State/Province, Country NM   United States
GD Gathering City Las Cruces, NM, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title The Awesome 
Job Description Awesome-ing 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1445  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/22/2005 6:58:07 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/Prinz_Eugn/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
A Slight Malfunction (story with piktarz) Some days, things just don't go your way. Tuesday after work I walk to the parking lot... The rear passenger door of my Honda Fit You can barely see it, but the in-door speaker is obliterated The obvious solution to this mystery is not... 
Posted August 14, 2010 7:11:25 PM
Angels 22: Rise of the New Soviet Republic These are screenshots from Angels 22, our 2D flight action shooter set in the vaguely defined future, wherein the Soviet Union has reformed under totalitarian "National Communism" after an economic collapse. The gameplay is comprised of using your... 
Posted March 7, 2007 11:56:34 AM
Free Airplane Sprite Pack I'm a hobbyist(for now) artist specializing in aircraft and military designs, and I've um, accrued a lot of artwork over the past couple of years. I've been AWOL from gamedev for a while, but I've been lurkin' around lately, and it's time to make a c... 
Posted May 28, 2008 3:07:24 AM
What do you ask Brian Herbert(or Kevin J. Anderson)? So I entered this contest-thing being put on by Xfire, a gaming IM program. I signed up to 'chat' with Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, but instead I got shafted with Brain Herbert and some guy named "Kevin J. Anderson." The 'chat' consists of t... 
Posted August 11, 2007 12:07:11 AM
Sidescrolling Action (thoughts) I was thinking the other day and I thought I'd add yet another couple super-awesome ideas to the quadrillions in existence. I'm thinking of a sidescrolling shooter kind of Soldat, but with the ability for the player to transform into an airplane i... 
Posted July 29, 2007 1:56:05 AM
Europe.PSD Hey Guys, fellow 4E5 contestants, I have something I made for our entry to share: A Photoshop PSD with all the countries of europe split into layers so you can mess with them as you will, well, as long as you have Photoshop. Here it is: Europe.psd... 
Posted September 21, 2006 8:44:49 PM
What about Halo 3? Bungie officially announced today that they really are making a sequel to Halo 2, personally one of my favorite games, but is anyone else here taking much notice? Heres' the announcement from Bungie's site. This is what's supposed to kee... 
Posted May 9, 2006 11:51:27 PM
A Space Empire: Evil or not? Hello, I'm currently the artist for a Space TBS(whose progress is chronicled at Sir Sapo's Journal) and through lack of manpower and a creative urge, also the writer for our fairly irrelevant story, but I've found a spot where gameplay would be affec... 
Posted April 18, 2006 11:17:42 PM
Here be some Sprites Hello! I'm hobbyist artist working with Sir Sapo, and I was looking around my old files for our game Angels 20(which now proudly sits in the showcase) and found a bunch of 128 by 128 sprites that we didn't use. I rather liked them and I thought i... 
Posted April 2, 2006 11:40:43 PM
Mission Types Hello fellow Gamedever(s), My friend Sir Sapo and I are creating a turn-based strategy game set in space. Combat is based around fleets of ships, loosely based off WW1 and WW2 combat dynamics(such as battleships and carriers), which you will use to... 
Posted March 15, 2006 12:55:28 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Has anyone seen "The American"? Yeah, and I liked it. Hadn't heard that much about it but watched it with my girlfriend after Roger Ebert said it was one of the best movies of the year. Reminded me of some older movies, since the pacing was pretty slow. I dunno, I could ap... 
Posted January 2, 2011 10:31:24 PM
how much do you know about China? Quote:Original post by LessBread Congress allocates the money, the president spends it. If the president doesn't spend it, the money stays in the bank. Foreign relations is primarily a presidential power. The president would have to take to the bull... 
Posted December 26, 2010 9:47:39 PM
how much do you know about China? Quote:Original post by LessBread The way I see it, the complications have less to do with reality and more to do with illusion management. Agnotology: "Culturally constructed ignorance, purposefully created by special interest groups working hard to... 
Posted December 26, 2010 5:30:30 AM
how much do you know about China? Quote:Original post by LessBread Quote:Original post by frankst N korea doesn't have any chance to use the bomb if some countries leave them alone. That's not an answer to my question. That's a deflection of the question. It seems to me that as... 
Posted December 25, 2010 9:11:30 PM
Japan....is banning anime. I think I see 4 horses..... Quote:Original post by way2lazy2care Anime isn't really that artistic. It's stylized and cool, but from both an animation and art quality perspective 99.9% of anime is trash. A big part of the reason anime is so popular is because it uses a lot o... 
Posted December 21, 2010 10:04:48 PM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Quote:Original post by M2tM Quote:Original post by Prinz Eugn I just think there are times when things should be kept secret. The wikileaks assumption that having all information available to everybody is a good thing hasn't really been evaluate... 
Posted December 9, 2010 2:29:08 AM
other 'models' for a WikiLeaks to release content through Quote:Original post by SimonForsman Its worth remembering that Wikileaks is nothing more than a messenger, its agenda is to spread whatever information it recieves without giving away its sources, the fact that it recieves more information about the... 
Posted December 5, 2010 2:00:47 PM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Quote:Original post by LessBread Turning diplomats into spies is nothing to be proud of. WikiLeaks cables tell the story of an empire in decline Tough Times for Superpowers Hillary Gets Wiki-Served Noam Chomsky: WikiLeaks Cables Reveal... 
Posted December 1, 2010 6:15:28 PM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks Quote:Original post by mikeman I stand by my opinion, in a WW3, the current recognized 'superpower' will lose, regardless of who typically win 'the game'. Like you get cought in a fistfight with some short dude you think nothing of, you beat him int... 
Posted November 29, 2010 2:52:18 PM
If WW3 occurs within the next 6 months, thank WikiLeaks I just think there are times when things should be kept secret. The wikileaks assumption that having all information available to everybody is a good thing hasn't really been evaluated, has it? They strike me as idealists who are too caught up in... 
Posted November 29, 2010 12:55:18 AM
View All Replies Made By This User