Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know andrew1b...  
Full Name  
Nickname andrew1b 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1060  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/11/2002 8:06:39 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Registering inline functions What happens whenever an inline function is registered to AS? I accidentaly did it and it actually worked, but is it safe? 
Posted November 6, 2010 4:25:39 PM
@entity or entity? I have a little situation here. I have a functin: void myFunc(Entity @ent) { // ... } And both of the below work fine: Entity @myEnt; // ... myFunc(myEnt); myFunc(@myEnt); Is there any difference? Is that supposed to be... 
Posted October 2, 2010 5:59:37 PM
Can't register array property The RegisterObjectProperty method is returning -10 (invalid declaration) when I try registering a float array as property: int r; r = pASEngine->RegisterObjectType("matrix4x4", sizeof(Matrix4x4), asOBJ_VALUE | asOBJ_POD | asOBJ_APP_CLASS_C... 
Posted September 14, 2010 7:27:53 PM
MSVC++ 2010 custom output dir problem I changed my output directories of the release and debug versions of my project and it compiles fine, sends all data to their correct destiny without any warnings. However, when I try to run it on debug mode it can't find files that are in the s... 
Posted September 8, 2010 11:12:46 PM
boost::any: how fast/how slow is it? Has anybody ever had problems regarding permance with the boost::any object? I'm calling the boost::any_cast about 3 times for every sprite I render. Would that be too much? 
Posted August 31, 2010 7:50:42 PM
Method and function name conflict I'm in a bit of a trouble here. I have the following class: #include <windows.h> class Input { // ... not relevant code... short GetKeyState(const KEY &key) { return m_keyState[key]; } void Updat... 
Posted August 23, 2010 11:04:24 PM
Circular references? This might be a very newbie question but I believe I missed something important. How can the application produce circular references that won't let the reference counter reach zero? I mean, what exactly are circular references? A code example would b... 
Posted August 9, 2010 12:36:13 AM
Particles VS alpha blending I use std::sort every frame to sort them by distance and it works fine, but I believe it might produce a considerable bottleneck when I start using it massively. What do you guys do to render your particle system in an alpha/depth friendly order? 
Posted August 2, 2010 8:18:27 PM
Blinn-Phong specular on 2D sprites While experimenting with pixel shaded lighting on my 2D game engine I tried doing a little bit more than just diffuse lighting and I had some interesting results with the Blinn-Phong reflection model. Obviously I had to fake an eye position sinc... 
Posted July 19, 2010 11:05:09 AM
Unsized uniform arrays in Cg? Does anybody know any example that shows the use of unsized uniform arrays in Cg? My program is compiling but it doesnt work. Here is my program: void light_particle( float3 position : POSITION, float2 texCoord : TEXCOORD0, out float4... 
Posted July 16, 2010 5:39:53 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
AngelScript 2.20.0 released No, but I do have a small suggestion to the script builder add-on. Whenever it can't find a script file to include, it shows only the file path in the error message: string msg = "Failed to open script file in path: '" + string(GetCurrentDir... 
Posted November 3, 2010 10:53:23 AM
AngelScript 2.20.0 released Excellent job! Were there more relevant changes on the other addons? 
Posted November 2, 2010 8:58:54 PM
Can't register array property Thanks Andreas. I really forgot that arrays in AngelScript won't work this way. Anyway, there are several ways to solve it. It won't be a problem. 
Posted September 15, 2010 9:45:17 AM
MSVC++ 2010 custom output dir problem Of course I had to [smile] Thanks, I forgot that thing. 
Posted September 8, 2010 11:32:42 PM
boost::any: how fast/how slow is it? I confess I'm quite confused now. I know that explicit casting and pointers must be avoided while we "think C++", but shall my conscious scream when I use any_cast as well? It is certainly possible to completely avoid casts, but it would make some si... 
Posted September 1, 2010 7:45:47 PM
boost::any: how fast/how slow is it? Quote:Original post by theOcelot Are you really going to pass different renderers to the same sprite? Why can't the renderer just create sprites for you? That way, the sprite can store a pointer to the right graphics device internally. That way you'... 
Posted September 1, 2010 5:36:31 PM
boost::any: how fast/how slow is it? That's a good point Fire Lancer, thanks. 
Posted September 1, 2010 10:09:33 AM
boost::any: how fast/how slow is it? Quote:Original post by Zahlman What is a RenderContext, then? What types will you be any_cast<>ing to? And why aren't those types related by polymorphism? RenderContext, in the Direct3D implementation, will be the device. The Renderer obje... 
Posted September 1, 2010 8:44:16 AM
boost::any: how fast/how slow is it? Quote:Original post by Antheus Are these transgender sprites having an identity crisis? Why are they hiding in the any closet? They are sprites, why not declare them as such. They aren't. I was just experimenting with a modular rendering plug-... 
Posted August 31, 2010 9:32:44 PM
boost::any: how fast/how slow is it? Looking for reasons to worry 
Posted August 31, 2010 7:53:45 PM
View All Replies Made By This User