Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know SteelGolem...  GDNet+
Full Name Mark Yorke
Nickname SteelGolem 
State/Province, Country Nova Scotia   Canada
GD Gathering City Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID 1023492 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1195  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/29/2000 11:41:59 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/steelgolem/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Ludum Dare 11 - April 18-20 Ludum Dare 11 - April 18-20Posted by: SteelGolem at April 5, 2008 8:24:45 PMLudum Dare 11 is coming! Ludum Dare is a regular community driven game development competition. The goal is, given a theme and 48 hours, to develop a game from scratch. Ludum... 
Posted April 5, 2008 7:24:45 PM
Ludum Dare 48h #10 Competition Results Ludum Dare 48h #10 Competition ResultsPosted by: Mark Yorke at December 30, 2007 10:05:30 PMThe results of the latest Ludum Dare 48h Competition are in! LD10 ran from December 14th through to the 16th; all 52 Final Entrants were challenged with the t... 
Posted December 30, 2007 10:05:30 PM
particle generator showing off my brand-spankin-new particle generator. the bursts were a peice of cake, but the star of the show is the rings! whooooooooosh! now, how to add-blend images in allegro... 
Posted December 23, 2006 11:34:35 PM
is it stealing? [i suppose this applies to anything, but i'm posting here because it seems more relevant.] i'm looking over art and modelling forums for ideas for ship graphics for my game. i'm going to end up drawing it all myself, and hopefully i'll wind up wit... 
Posted December 13, 2006 2:21:02 PM
[RakNet & Dev-C++] HuffmanEncodingTree link errors this thread/post is more of a 'quick-fix' for anyone having problems using RakNet with Dev-C++. when i got RakNet and followed their documentation on how to build the thing, i didn't really have much idea about what they were talking about. it t... 
Posted October 21, 2005 1:49:30 PM
[allegro] checking for module init lets suppose i have the following class: #include <allegro.h> class Monster { protected: BITMAP* bitmap; public: Monster() { bitmap = load_bitmap ("monster.bmp", NULL); } ~Monster() { if (bitmap) destroy_bitmap (bit... 
Posted July 14, 2005 12:38:22 AM
Avatar viewing After putting a bit of work into creating my avatar and adding it, I find that you can't see it in the profile or while viewing someone's journal. I can understand the journal part a bit - but why not in the profile? Seems like it should be a good pl... 
Posted December 12, 2004 12:04:11 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Legend of Roto bad news. dragon quest 3 explains everything about loto - in fact it IS the prequel to dragon quest 1. you might want to play it through [grin] on the flip side, they don't actually explain anything about what happens to loto's junk after he saves... 
Posted December 26, 2007 2:32:15 PM
Need help with Functions etc. that was a question, does that count? 
Posted July 25, 2007 9:35:09 PM
3d Legend of Zelda project zoid, it doesn't take much to repackage something though. iamtehpwn, what kind of 3d graphics are you aiming for? high end, mid-level, or something of nintendo ds quality? how about input interface, do you plan on a mouse/keyboard configurati... 
Posted February 22, 2007 7:46:25 PM
particle generator the demo is here: http://members.gamedev.net/steelgolem/downloads/particleDemo.zip. i'm building and running on my 1.8GHz 446Mb ram w/64Mb vid lappy. 
Posted January 7, 2007 8:35:21 PM
Little Help[Allegro] you gotta be a little more clear about what you're trying to do. what is BITMAP* buffer for? it looks to me like its supposed to be a screen buffer for doublebuffering. if it's a screen buffer, then you need to leave your blit alone: blit(buffer,... 
Posted January 7, 2007 8:14:15 PM
Bounding Box and model class problem do X files store boundbox information? i've never looked into the file format, and i'm looking at msdn's info on the mesh structure, and i don't see anything storing any bounding box information. in fact, the only references i see to boundi... 
Posted December 2, 2006 10:08:28 AM
How to make your entry in two weeks or less wow, awesome article! i'd argue this as necessary reading for anyone studying game programming. i learned a thing or two! 
Posted May 10, 2006 1:29:57 PM
I Have A Problem trent, you're a bastard. (read: hee hee!) you're taking the 'rating system' too seriously. for one, i don't really care at all about it. people that look to the rating to help them judge a person really aren't worth my time anyhow. i'd just a... 
Posted September 15, 2005 12:21:43 AM
Games We Play as far as pc games go, i generally stick to DiabloII. haven't played anything i really liked aside from that.. (well, Doom][ but we won't get into that [grin]) 
Posted August 23, 2005 7:39:15 PM
Hello to all Halifax members Yep. Yeah. I'm a Saint Francis Xavier University Comp Sci dropout. I work at McDonald's. >_> When not working or dealing with life, I'm thinking about (or working on) my projects. Haven't really done anything worthwhile yet, though. ... 
Posted August 19, 2005 12:06:54 AM
View All Replies Made By This User