Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Norbo...  
Full Name  
Nickname Norbo 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.bepu-games.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/21/2007 5:05:22 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
BEPUphysics Stress Test Captured from a demo for the BEPUphysics engine for the XNA framework. The pyramid has a base of 20 blocks (210 blocks total) which gets blasted to pieces by incoming spheres. My first attempt to film this involved 60 blocks as a pyramid base (1830... 
Posted November 18, 2007 12:53:43 PM
Incorrect rotation for 'thin/long' objects. In my physics engine, objects which are not of approximately the same height/length/width (cubelike) develop inaccurate angular velocities. At first, I had assumed I had made an error in my numerical method for finding the inertia tensor and conti... 
Posted November 4, 2007 9:59:19 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Will XNA have a Kinect API? It appears they will: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/31685/Microsoft_XNA_Will_Support_Kinect_Eventually.php 
Posted December 21, 2010 10:35:26 PM
XNA 4.0 near broke me spirit! I like the spirit of the changes quite a bit. There's a few changes that could be a little annoying for some users- e.g. I believe the Xen graphics API went through some pain, but the issues seemed to have been worked around. Admittedly, my appli... 
Posted October 12, 2010 10:56:33 PM
.NET performance - is it improving? Quote:Sidenote: If .NET can inline properties, why does XNA use fields for all its primitive types (vectors, matrices, colors, ..)? Part of the reason is that while the 'full' .NET framework can do such fancy tricks, the compact version does not. ... 
Posted May 25, 2010 1:07:04 PM
GJK algorithm MPR can actually be used in 'replacement' of EPA if you'd like. I use a set of implementations that provide contact location, depth, normal, and also a conservative distance estimation in my engine to complement GJK. I use these with the persistent... 
Posted November 17, 2008 11:32:35 PM
GJK Termination Here's a termination condition I've used for the distance algorithm: dot(v - p, -p) <= epsilon * max This is similar to the one you described in function, though it doesn't require the normalization. Additionally, it incorporates a term... 
Posted October 2, 2008 8:23:56 PM
Initialising the simplex set in GJK I generally use a single point for the initial simplex- the difference of the objects' center points. It is possible to start with a full simplex, though if I'm not mistaken, to do that you'd generally be using the final simplex of an earlier run of... 
Posted August 13, 2008 4:10:13 PM
Some basic XNA questions. If I'm not mistaken, in terms of distributing a Windows-based game, the end users probably won't need the content pipeline as all of that work is done at build time (except perhaps an editor-style application). You can mix other libraries or cr... 
Posted May 17, 2008 8:06:25 PM
Suggestions for which Physics Engine to use This might be the Box2D version you were referring to (I believe I've seen more than one for XNA though), but Farseer looks to be a very good 2D physics solution. While the documentation isn't done, there are some good explanations in it (htt... 
Posted February 8, 2008 11:27:40 PM
Strange capsule rotation (Rigid Body) I believe length generally refers to the length between the sphere's centers, as it seems intuitive to think about a capsule as a sphere-swept line segment. It could have something to do with floating point imprecision, though the fact that the ve... 
Posted December 20, 2007 4:58:56 PM
Strange capsule rotation (Rigid Body) It sounds like you're having an issue fairly similar to the one I had (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=470954). Long objects would spin correctly for a moment, then speed up to impossible velocities, then drop back do... 
Posted December 19, 2007 9:18:24 PM
View All Replies Made By This User