Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know gustav...  
Full Name Gustav Olsson
Nickname gustav 
State/Province, Country Vastra Gotaland   Sweden
GD Gathering City Gothenburg, Vastra Gotaland, Sweden
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://gustavolsson.squarespace.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1019  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/13/2003 6:01:06 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Seaside Racing Hello This is Seaside Racing, a game I have been working on for around 2 years now that is finally finished and released on the Xbox Live Indie Games channel! Seaside Racing is a fun and unpredictable multiplayer kart racer in which y... 
Posted November 1, 2010 11:28:51 AM
Spot lights using shadow mapping Hello! Image (249 Kb) (borrowed the model from Anirudh.S Shastry's article here :) I've been trying to implent shadow mapping in my program and it worked very well with directional lights (with an orthogonal projection matrix) but I can't get... 
Posted October 13, 2005 6:51:25 AM
Light Mapping Hi! Is there any tutorials about lightmaps with vb6.0 and directx8? //Gustav 
Posted September 16, 2003 10:48:54 AM
Vertex alpha How can I make a vertex transparent (which render states? ) in dx8 and Vb6?  
Posted July 1, 2003 8:01:17 AM
Bump-material How can I make a bump-material in VB with DX8? 
Posted June 9, 2003 10:42:24 AM
alpha value on a vertex vb and dx8 how can i render a vertex with a alpha value. i have edit the alpha value but the vertex is still not transparent. 
Posted May 30, 2003 3:38:00 AM
Transparent Ghost How can I make my Ghost a little Transparent? (DX8 and VB) http://www24.brinkster.com/thunderstormweb/gallery/news004.jpg 
Posted May 2, 2003 3:54:34 AM
Life counter In VB and DX8, how can I make a little LifeCounter (GFX, not text) in the right corner? 
Posted May 1, 2003 7:59:38 AM
Alpha with x-files how do I set the alpha value for a meshobject? (DX8) [edited by - gustav on April 27, 2003 9:46:39 AM] 
Posted April 27, 2003 9:42:24 AM
Transparent Mesh-files How do I add 50% transparency to a mesh-object? (in directX8 and VB) ’’========’’ ’’DX ’’ ’’ VB ’’ ’’========’’  
Posted April 13, 2003 6:05:44 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Seaside Racing Quote:Original post by khalilhenoud Hi, very nice game indeed. I am really interested in the physics engine u made. can u please specify some of the articles/resources you used during the development of the engin Thanks! Here are my main refer... 
Posted November 2, 2010 3:18:02 PM
Terrain engine Really nice setting you created there! I especially like the colors and how everything really fits together. Keep up the good work :) 
Posted July 27, 2007 8:20:28 AM
Terrain Parallax Mapping Demo Quote:Original post by Dragon_Strike thx for all the comments... i have a newer version... i dont know if the last one included water? and also another step metric which is faster ad more accurate... but i cant upload it since my demos doesnt... 
Posted July 14, 2007 4:17:34 AM
Terrain Parallax Mapping Demo It really looks alot better than the normal reference terrain! I like the original (somewhat cartoonish) textures the most, they have their own style and doesn't look like everything else out there. When I try to run the demo though, I just get... 
Posted May 4, 2007 8:30:36 PM
Demo of my Simple Physics Engine It is nice to see that you're using Tri-Mesh collisions only, as I was planning to implent something similar but wondering if it would slow down my game way too much. It looks like your's is running faster than I expected though! Very nice... 
Posted October 14, 2006 8:21:04 AM
Penumbra - Overture Looks awesome! Glad you could move to commercial development :) I loved the technology demo, it was nice to be able to move objects like in real-life.. I didn't really like the monsters though, they were very scary at first and then became somew... 
Posted August 26, 2006 1:47:17 PM
1944 D-Day : July Update Really nice :) Are you going to use the PhysX PPU in any significant way? Like for example fully destructible houses? Btw I remember that your site said you were under strict NDA, is this "official" content then? 
Posted August 11, 2006 4:26:56 AM
Armageddon I like the post processing effects alot but some of the models don't look like they fit in the scene so well. It looks like you have been inspired by Shadow of the collosus and the techniques it used :) (http://www.dyingduck.com/sotc/making_of_... 
Posted June 3, 2006 8:20:06 PM
Comparision of Nintendo GameCube and Wii The picture of Mario (SSBB) on the Wii looks exactly like the one for gamecube, only that the textures are somewhat revamped (to fake AO). The picture of Wii Zelda is taken from Twilight princess which will look the same on GC. I... 
Posted May 16, 2006 1:25:13 PM
Omnidirectional Variance Shadow Mapping Nice demo! It runs at about 100 fps with 2x2 PCF (1280*1024) enabled and around 45 with 3x3 VSM (1280*1024) enabled. The light movement seems to be somewhat choppy though, it kind of hurts the otherwise smooth shadows... 
Posted April 28, 2006 11:31:45 AM
View All Replies Made By This User