Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know BiGF00T...  
Full Name  
Nickname BiGF00T 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1221  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/28/2004 9:24:18 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Where is the comic? Hey, after doing some testing on our team's software I found many mistakes which made me mention the Grammar Nazi Ninja Squad. But now I can't show the comic to my coworkers... Is there still a place to find the GD comics? 
Posted March 13, 2008 12:57:41 PM
Blender: Position of an object? Good morning, nearly every day I run into a new small problem with blender but I'm getting used to it. :) This question sounds really stupid but I'll ask it anyway. Today's question is: How do I see the world coordinates of my object in Blender?... 
Posted March 8, 2008 2:00:10 AM
Blender: Make faces all Clockwise/Counterclockwise Hey guys, it's me again. I think I messed up my model today because I didn't pay too much attention to the order in which I clicked at the vertices to make a face. Is there a good way to turn them around automatically? Like if I select a whole b... 
Posted March 4, 2008 12:44:04 PM
putting files together (Blender) Hey, this might be a very stupid question but so far I didn't find out how to model several parts in different blender files and then put them together. I thought it should normally maybe work like parts and assemblies in Solidworks. Or at least ther... 
Posted March 2, 2008 7:08:51 AM
DeviceType.Reference? --Solved Good morning, it's been a long time since I last tried to make a game but not the time has come and I'm frustrated by an exception which I don't understand. Short summary: - VS.net 2008 - DXSDK Nov2007 - ATI X850 - Catalyst 8.2 drivers I c... 
Posted February 28, 2008 2:33:00 AM
why do they use caps for the return values? Hey, this might be a rather stupid question but I am now wondering for a while... I just read the d3d tutorial on the msdn page which is pretty easy to understand BUT: I noticed that all the return values are VOID, INT etc... When I have a loo... 
Posted July 22, 2005 5:24:41 PM
How far will this go? Yesterday our professor told us that he will from now on not only use the terms father/son nodes but also mother/daughter nodes :/ Couldn't he just use parent/child nodes? Is there really a need to make everything sex independent? First it... 
Posted May 5, 2005 5:55:51 AM
microwave resistant spiders... Today I wanted to put my plant into another pot and so I got some earth from the garden. I once had a bad experience with ants in earth so I decided to microwave the whole pot with the earth in it to make sure that nothing can survive. I microwa... 
Posted April 21, 2005 12:03:18 PM
what's the best approach to plan something like a game on paper? In our last semester we had a software engineering class and I wanted to apply some things to my project but I think I don't know exactly how I should plan my game on paper (or with something like Innovator which we got from the uni as a demo bu... 
Posted March 19, 2005 7:12:04 AM
I was bored and made a font... looks like my handwriting but not similar enough to fake my signature ;) edit: fixed link! rar was being displayed and ttf also... .zip seems to work :/ [Edited by - BiGF00T on March 27, 2005 10:22:34 AM] 
Posted March 27, 2005 10:54:55 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
First projects? My first project was something in Qbasic but not very successful. I think the first finished game was a sidescroller in Mode 13h written in Turbo Pascal. 
Posted March 14, 2008 2:14:19 AM
Where is the comic? Quote:Original post by benryves You can still use the Internet Archive: Wayback Machine O_o Wayback Machine... weird. but good.  
Posted March 13, 2008 1:25:33 PM
Where is the comic? Thanks, I've not been here for some time and when I returned, I had more important questions to ask. But now that I'm back, I find that not everything is as before (like always in life...). The bad thing here is that not even teh almighty google was... 
Posted March 13, 2008 1:19:01 PM
Blender: Position of an object? Great, thanks :) 
Posted March 9, 2008 4:44:02 AM
I've ran in to a problem... Sprites thread I hope you find what you need... 
Posted March 8, 2008 1:22:00 AM
How Do I specify The Location Of A Project in VC# 2005? You can also set the default project folder if you don't want to browse away from C:\......\Documents\Visu..... Just go to Tools>Options>Projects and Solutions>Visual Studio projects location I always use another drive because if my P... 
Posted March 5, 2008 2:57:11 AM
Blender: Make faces all Clockwise/Counterclockwise Thanks, I'll try that later. Is there any way that I can ensure to have the normals pointing outwards if I click at a few vertices and then press F? Ok, I think I'll just try to have a look after I finished adding some faces and if they are no... 
Posted March 5, 2008 2:43:30 AM
Blender: Make faces all Clockwise/Counterclockwise Thanks, I'll try that later. Is there any way that I can ensure to have the normals pointing outwards if I click at a few vertices and then press F? 
Posted March 5, 2008 2:06:51 AM
best game engine below 7000$ Quote:Original post by JBourrie Crystal Tiger! O.... M.... G....! O_o  
Posted March 5, 2008 2:02:45 AM
best game engine below 7000$ Ummm... Of course you should use THE almighty Shiva Engine !!1! (many times faster than UT engine) Ph33r (sorry, I had to say this :P Some people might still remember...) EDIT: I should add that this wasn't a very serious suggestion for those wh... 
Posted March 4, 2008 12:27:44 PM
View All Replies Made By This User