Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Aiursrage2k...  
Full Name  
Nickname Aiursrage2k 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1147  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/13/2004 3:08:48 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
RTS engine I am looking to create an RTS game, but I dont want to start from stratch. Are there any good' free/none free RTS engines. 
Posted December 20, 2006 8:58:01 PM
Prime Time Recruiting Team Name: ->PIG – Programming Inane Games Project name: ->Prime Time Purpose: ->To create a simple, complete fun and polished game Brief description: ->3rd person puzzle/shooter ->Massive explosions ->Single player ... 
Posted January 13, 2007 7:00:35 PM
Tank Simulation I am trying to create a multiplayer tank arena game. ***** My first idea was to do this: ->Clients send data to server ->Server waits for all clients. It then updates the world. ->The server then sends the data to the clients. The clien... 
Posted January 9, 2007 3:51:07 PM
Death Tag Based on the anime death note. Quote: A Death Note is a book held by a Shinigami which has the power to kill people if certain conditions are met. All Death Notes follow a long set of specific rules, and the writer revealed a few of these rul... 
Posted December 9, 2006 7:54:38 PM
Collison Problem I am looking for a better solution. Right now I am just using a simple sphere-aabb test, the problems is that I sometimes get stuck. if(movx) { Vector3 prevPos = m_hero->getPosition(); Ogre::Vector3 src = m_hero->getOrientati... 
Posted November 2, 2006 8:49:22 PM
Simple Shooter I want to create a simple deathmatch shooter, with say 8 players. My happy day scenario: (Where everyone has a goodo connection) 1) Clients send data to the host -- a client acting as the host 2) Host waits to receive data from all clients 3)... 
Posted June 26, 2006 3:31:25 PM
Mouse Pick I am trying to pick the closest face of my terrain using the mouse. I know there is the Pick200# example that does this, but it uses a mesh which I am not using. My terrain class, has all the verticies/indicies data, which I can use to form triang... 
Posted April 21, 2006 2:41:32 PM
Terrain Help I am creating a terrain class, the terrain cuts the world into terrainChunks. The terrain has q terrainChunks. A terrainChunk is a simple grid of n*n quads. I dont want to render everything at once, as its fill rate intensive. Instead I ... 
Posted April 2, 2006 9:31:35 AM
Windowed Mode Mouse Problem -- Solved I have created a small gui for my game, I am hiding windows mouse and drawing my own. The problem occurs in windowed mode, when I left click the mouse, the mouses true position might be in the task bar (rather then where my mouse is -- for example... 
Posted March 31, 2006 10:35:57 AM
Particle System I am working on a Particle System, since current graphics cards prefer to have large batches of data rather than many small batches I want to reduce # of batches. There are two ideas that I am toying around with: shader instancing (my hardware i... 
Posted March 12, 2006 4:07:28 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
**Wanted: 3D Level Modeler**Third-Person Shooter (potential pay) Quote:hey! a fellow c4 user, as you may have guessed i'm jarrod1937 from the c4 forums. Quote: Original post by NEWmoonsMEDIA Some Info about modeling with the C4 Engine. Current graphic cards like to have as few draw calls as... 
Posted January 13, 2007 10:51:56 PM
Vehicle Physics(Variable Terrain) I would suggest downloading the aegia sdk, there are bunch of trainer tutorials. 
Posted January 9, 2007 7:44:09 PM
What happened to Help Wanted? It still seems to be there. Its possible you minimized the Community Interaction list. http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/forum.asp?forum_id=8 
Posted December 22, 2006 2:21:55 AM
Best solution to rendering dynamic text? If you want another method. You could use instancing. IE create a batch of of 256 'A's, another with 256 'B's, etc. Then you could render in batches, albeit inanely... 
Posted September 27, 2006 3:07:18 PM
How to cut holes into a polygon? Forgot to login. 
Posted September 22, 2006 3:09:32 PM
Winsock 2 Pausing on Recv() I suppose you could try forking the process. 
Posted September 21, 2006 1:07:01 PM
Chinese Style FPS I like the look of the game, as it seems to bright instead of dark and gloomy. 
Posted September 19, 2006 6:23:57 AM
Discussion: what makes a game good? The game should have a hook, something that differinates it from all the other games out there, something that inhances the gameplay. IE Max Payne had the slow motion feature. People have a very short attention span, so you want to hook the player... 
Posted September 1, 2006 11:11:07 PM
World, Meet Crystal Tiger Very ambitious, good luck. You should finish it even if it takes you 50 years... 
Posted August 15, 2006 9:38:58 AM
[4e5] Graphics card, What are you using? Radeon x1600 [Edited by - Aiursrage2k on August 9, 2006 9:59:57 PM] 
Posted August 9, 2006 3:59:33 PM
View All Replies Made By This User