Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know CastorX...  
Full Name Balázs Szabó
Nickname CastorX 
State/Province, Country Veszprem   Hungary
GD Gathering City Veszprem, Veszprem, Hungary
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Student 
Job Description Information Technology 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1050  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/5/2005 9:17:03 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Bounding box intersections Hy! If I have two bounding boxes and one ray, how can I determine which bounding box has a closer intersections on the ray? (exact points or distances are not required) I need a simple solution, because it will be implemented on GPU. ... 
Posted December 20, 2010 7:32:44 PM
OpenCL speeds Hello everyone! I've been writing an OpenCL ray-caster with BVH accelerator for a few weeks now. Recently I have newer done anything in OpenCL, so I've found that there are a few "nerve-racking" things in OpenCL (or in the nVidia OCL driver) I wil... 
Posted December 20, 2010 4:12:25 AM
RGBAF16 to pbo Hi! Is it possible to pack a floating point framebuffer target into pixel buffer object, and the pass it to OpenCL? Everything works for me when I use RGBA8 surfaces, but with RGBA floating point targets everything is messed up. OGL says something a... 
Posted October 7, 2010 4:22:16 AM
OpenGL OpenCL problem I'm trying to midify the floating-point output image of my openGL program with openCL. This functions draws the output to the framebuffer object: void DrawToTexture() { // Setting up RMT --------------------------------------------------------... 
Posted October 8, 2010 9:45:41 AM
freeGlut and OpenGL 3 problem Hy! I need some help with OGL3 and freeglut. I'm porting my code to OpenGL3 but I get these messages: 1>c:\program files (x86)\microsoft visual studio 10.0\vc\include\gl3\gl3.h(1789): warning C4273: 'glCullFace' : inconsistent dll linkage 1... 
Posted October 7, 2010 6:10:11 PM
PBO from FBO RT texture Hy! I'm working on a post-processing OpenCL-OpenGL program, but right now, I'm facing a problem I cannot solve. I have 2 FrameBufferObect output textures Color attachment 0 and 1, and a depth buffer attachment. Open CL can read data directly f... 
Posted September 6, 2010 7:21:20 AM
GPU-driven interactive particle system in XNA Hi! This is a fully GPU computed particle system written in XNA. It requires a fully Shader3.0 compatible card. A few features: - HDR (it is not accurate, but uses floating point textures), basically blooming :) - Fully managed by the GPU usi... 
Posted July 7, 2010 1:21:41 PM
XNAMath and triangle hit test Hi! I am trying to rewrite my ray-caster's renderer code to SSE compatible, but there is some performance problem with this triangle-ray intersection tester method. (it is basically the method that had been introduced by Tomas Möller in his paper:... 
Posted July 4, 2010 10:58:38 AM
XNA Math problem Hy everyone! In the past few weeks I was working a ray-caster renderer software. I want to upgrade it to a ray-tracer during the summer. It uses OCTREE for accelerating the rendering, multiprocessor support, and my own vector class for math with som... 
Posted May 29, 2010 4:16:26 AM
Renderer question Hy! Does anyone know why do the hi-end ray-tracing renderers create the image in separately rendered small parts(small boxes) one by one? Cache optimization maybe? THX! 
Posted May 28, 2010 5:38:56 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Calculating what direction the model is facing In this case the animation determines the direction, but I think the direction should control the "facing" of the model and your animation. How do you animate your model? What tools/toolkits are you using? Do you use XNA or DX? 
Posted December 20, 2010 9:39:18 AM
Calculating what direction the model is facing Do you mean you have a 3D model with transformed vertices and you want to calculate the orientation? Then you have to simply multiply the (0,0,1) vector with the rotation part of the matrix you used to transform the vertices of your model. Assuming t... 
Posted December 20, 2010 9:08:13 AM
Moving objects in Direct3D I don't know how does your renderGameCharacter work but you should try this: Create matrix -> Set transform -> Render scene D3DXMatrixTranslation(&matrix_Boogle, 0.0, -10.0, 0.0); d3ddev->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD, &matrix_Boogle); re... 
Posted October 11, 2010 5:00:39 AM
Good 3D Modelling Tool? Hy! For poly modelling: free: Blender, K-3D commercial: Lightwave3D (very good for poly modelling), Maya or 3DSMax 
Posted October 10, 2010 12:10:20 PM
RGBAF16 to pbo OMG! Shame on me! I'm so amateur!!!!! Thank you for the replies I taught that RGBAF16 means 16 bytes (float, float, float, float), not BITS! It works now. THANK YOU ALL! This happnes when you start programming something complex in OpenGL withou... 
Posted October 10, 2010 11:12:51 AM
RGBAF16 to pbo OK, I know I need one PBO for each target, it works with RGBA pixel format, but it does not work with ARGBA16F floating point format, I have tried everything. I always get OpenCL OUT_OF_RESOURCES error. 
Posted October 9, 2010 6:15:14 PM
RGBAF16 to pbo I render it into FBO, pack it into PBO and then use it in OpenCL as an openCL-openGL shared resource, and not as a texture. 
Posted October 9, 2010 2:30:49 PM
RGBAF16 to pbo So, any idea, how to pack a framebuffer object's floating point GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0 and later GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT1 into a PBO? glReadPixels(0, 0, screenW, screenH, GL_RGBA, GL_FLOAT, NULL); gives strange results... 
Posted October 8, 2010 2:39:58 AM
freeGlut and OpenGL 3 problem OK! Thanks for the answers. NOW: glutInitContextFlags (GLUT_FORWARD_COMPATIBLE | GLUT_DEBUG); // ERROR glutInitContextFlags (GLUT_DEBUG); // WORKS OK  
Posted October 7, 2010 7:22:31 PM
freeGlut and OpenGL 3 problem glew does not report any errors, but glGetError() reports an invalid enumerant error after glewInit, and I cannot call glGenFramebuffers(1, &fboRenderTarget); // fboRenderTarget is a GLuint because I get this: First-chance exception at 0x00000000... 
Posted October 7, 2010 7:13:01 PM
View All Replies Made By This User