Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know spek...  
Full Name  
Nickname spek 
State/Province, Country Noord-Brabant   Netherlands
GD Gathering City Oudenbosch, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://tower22.blogspot.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description Drinking coffee 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1254  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/11/2005 6:42:44 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
CG Geometry Shaders + LAYER usage Hey, Trying to render a point array into a volume texture with 32 slices, using a CG geometry shader that switches to the proper layer for each point. Never used a GS before, something is going wrong here. POINT void main( AttribArray<float4... 
Posted January 2, 2011 6:19:02 AM
Render point array into a 3D texture Hey, I'd like to render a bunch of points into a 32x32x32 volume texture. Eventually I'd like to apply vertex displacement in the vertex shader; the vertex shader converts the point world position to a 3D cell coordinate. The nVidia OpenGL 10 SDK... 
Posted December 27, 2010 6:55:29 AM
Switching renderTargets properly... Hey, I've been adjusting the rendering pipeline in my engine, and although things were supposed to run slightly faster, I got punished of course. There are too many techniques to easily find bottlenecks, but I suspect switching render targets coul... 
Posted December 16, 2010 4:40:03 PM
Tower 22 Hey, I've been spamming with my blog link plenty of times on gamedev while posting stuff, but I would like to submit some images and a video link anyway. For the very first time actually. Like many others here, I've been working for billions of... 
Posted November 15, 2010 3:17:36 PM
If you are looking for a horror game, Tower 22 might be looking for you... Hope this is not considered as a cross-post since this project is currently at the Image Of The Day as well. But to form the request in a better way... Besides, I've been waiting for this moment for more than a year, so let's do it right now. ------... 
Posted November 16, 2010 6:35:42 PM
Capturing problems with FRAPS / KKapture Not sure if this is the right place to ask but... I'm having problems with recording a little movie from my game. So far I tried FRAPS(demo version) and KKapture. Specs of the thing I'm trying to record: - OpenGL - Render window is embedded on... 
Posted October 30, 2010 10:14:06 PM
3D direction to array index conversion Allright, I have some Batman riddle here. I'm planning to code some sort of low-res cubemap into a simple 1D array. Thus, 6 faces, each face 4x4 values = array with 96 elements. I'm not sure how to order yet, but that might depend on the answer... 
Posted October 15, 2010 10:05:15 AM
What does it take to attract you to a game-project? Hi creative boys & girls, Sorry if this is a silly question but… just out of curiosity: What does it take to attract you to a game-project (except for the money)? There are dozens of amateur/hobby projects that ask for mappers, modelers, textur... 
Posted September 15, 2010 5:16:46 PM
Different alpha values on Multiple Render Targets Hey, Got a little problem here. In my deferred renderer I'm rendering transparent decals, using MRT. The problem is that I can only use 1 blending value, the one from the first render target. Example: - target1 = albedo color - target2... 
Posted September 5, 2010 8:08:37 AM
OpenGL & CgFX Hi, I figured that I may need to update a few things inside my engine. While adding more and more techniques, performance dropped and now it's kinda difficult to trace the problems. Using OpenGL 1.x and Delphi7 doesn't really help either. One t... 
Posted August 4, 2010 3:35:24 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Fireworks Hmmm... judging from your video, I'd say the first problems are the relative low speed, and when it explodes it suddenly hops to another position. Also important, use MORE, smaller particles. Your particles are way too fat. A listing of tricks t... 
Posted January 6, 2011 9:31:50 AM
relief mapping Can be done, but... with limitations. As said in the first post, relief/advanced parallax shaders mostly use some sort of raytracer. You can read each pixel from a heightMap within a fragment shader, but you are not aware of the neighbour vertex data... 
Posted January 3, 2011 2:39:49 AM
CG Geometry Shaders + LAYER usage Sweet, fixed it. The problem wasn't in the CG shader. When rendering to multiple slices/layers/cubemap faces, you'll need a so called "Layered texture". What I changed: - Don't attach a depthbuffer. Not needed in my case. But if you do, this depth b... 
Posted January 2, 2011 12:37:34 PM
relief mapping Before going there, first make yourself comfortable with shaders. Not sure if this is precisely what you mean, but surfaces with relief/parallax mapping can shadow themselves, to some extend. Casting shadows on other objects isn't really possibl... 
Posted January 2, 2011 10:08:58 AM
Render point array into a 3D texture Once again, thank you Danny!! Haven't used geomshaders yet, but it was on the planning for cubeMaps. If I understand it right, you can toggle the layer inside the GS after the vertex-shader output, before drawing pixels. Well, I know what to... 
Posted December 31, 2010 10:24:58 AM
Render point array into a 3D texture Sorry to bounce this thread back alive, but a new question arose while trying blitting. Is it possible to blit 3 textures at the same time? MRT is used to render onto a set of 3 2D textures at the same time. So it would be nice if all 3 could... 
Posted December 31, 2010 6:54:21 AM
Texture atlas source rectangles and drawing models? Don't know GLSL, but I assume that is how you pass the rect to the shader? In that case, that is just fine. And probably a tiny little bit better than passing 4 separate floats. This is how I do it as well for packing multiple shadowMaps into 1 textu... 
Posted December 30, 2010 5:06:01 AM
Texture atlas source rectangles and drawing models? You mean drawing a model like a box that fetches its texture from an atlas where multiple models are drawed? In that case, that should be pretty easy. You could: - Just alter the UV coordinates in the original model - Shift/scale texcoords. Let's s... 
Posted December 29, 2010 2:46:19 PM
Per Pixel Spotlight vs Projective Texturing For spotlight I'm not familar with DirectX, but I'm pretty sure you can find an example in the nVidia SDK 9.5 or 10 http://developer.nvidia.com/object/sdk-9.html http://developer.nvidia.com/object/sdk_home The shader above is pretty much it anyway. All that i... 
Posted December 29, 2010 4:37:11 AM
Inferred Lighting In case you are completely new to Deferred / Inferred rendering, you may might find this "quick walkthrough" handy to get into the mood first: http://tower22.blogspot.com/2010/11/from-deferred-to-inferred-part-uno.html Skip the first part, start... 
Posted December 29, 2010 4:20:44 AM
View All Replies Made By This User