Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ddn3...  
Full Name  
Nickname ddn3 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1214  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/14/2002 4:02:14 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
State of American political discourse Is this the new state of American political discourse? Head stompings for all! YouTube Video Head Stomping This is sick and reminds me of the same NAZI intimidation campaigns. This is Americas slow slide into fascism as documented by YouTube..... 
Posted October 26, 2010 5:46:44 PM
Word Droppings! Hi guys! Just wanted to show off our new game! A fun casual game involving bird droppings! Just kidding :) It does involve droppings but only letters :) If your interested you can find more info on the iTunes page conveniently linked bel... 
Posted May 25, 2010 1:20:10 AM
Particle Dance 1.1 An evolution of one of my earlier submission. This one has an embedded Lua editor and can run scripts. The scripting is sandboxed and have no access to the PC other than the Script folder to which to load. The editor is disabled by default... 
Posted February 22, 2010 5:31:28 PM
Try out Lua I've released a small demo application I use to prototype tech I'm researching. I've used it to integrate Lua and LuaJit into an a working application among other things. If your interested in trying out Lua without rolling your own implementation, y... 
Posted February 22, 2010 7:40:00 PM
Free Matching Making Service on PC? Hi guys, anyone know of a free match making service on the PC? of a fixed low cost solution? Thanks! -ddn 
Posted February 12, 2010 9:02:10 PM
LuaJit 2.0 in beta So LuaJit 2.0 is in beta now. I've not gotten it to compile in MSVC it seems it need to be compiled through the command line make file. http://luajit.org/index.html Anyone else tried it? Have any luck getting it to work on MSVC? From t... 
Posted November 24, 2009 6:03:45 PM
Possible for Gamedev.net to host files? Is it possible for gamedev.net to host some files in our personal web pages? Anyone tried this? -ddn 
Posted November 20, 2009 4:20:14 AM
All Teh Excitment of Pong now in your Hand! Ever wonder what to do with your hands? Now you can wonder no more! Play Ace Shot! Free! :D Fun 3d pong game I've been working on for the iPhone, hopefully a technology springboard for other endeavors. Here's a review to the full game : ... 
Posted June 28, 2009 8:29:12 AM
Anyone using Unity? Anyone using this? http://unity3d.com/ I downloaded a version along time ago, but found out it needed a mac to develop on! :( Just wondering what peoples experiences with it were? Thanks! -ddn  
Posted November 8, 2008 9:45:15 PM
High accuracy timer on iPhone? Does anyone know the high accuracy ( down to 1 ms is fine ) timer functions for the iPhone or OS X in general? I've looked all over Apple dev site and can't find anything. Thanks! -ddn 
Posted November 5, 2008 5:59:37 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What is that feeling? Do a search for the evolution of beauty a Ted Talks he talks about this, its a near universal theme in human artwork, the pictorial landscape.. Ie green lush fields, animals, water and roads.. here's the link TedTalk on Art It's hardw... 
Posted December 23, 2010 6:35:52 PM
Can someone help me name my API? FullScene3DEngine or FScene for short. Full = full featured, Scene = makes scenes, 3D = is in 3D, Engine = is an engine. example of use in common vernacular : "Hey you check out that FScene(3D) yet? Cool!" Enjoy :) -ddn 
Posted December 23, 2010 1:11:34 PM
Why did Microsoft release Kinect only for Video Games? Kinect is just 1 of many 3D capable cameras coming to the market. They use to cost 30,000+ but with recent advances they have drastically dropped in price. I'm sure there will be consumer level 3D webcams soon available to all. Maybe Microsoft didn't... 
Posted December 23, 2010 12:53:43 PM
Suggestions for *Completed* Graphic Novels and Comics Series? Try the Invisibles by Grant Morrison, or if your partial to a more European flavor the Metabarons by Alejandro Jodorowsky. -ddn 
Posted December 21, 2010 9:56:40 PM
Is savant self-training possible? I don't think savants learn at an accelerated rate, most of their feats are memory related.. learning is the combination of integration of knowledge and application of it, they can integrate it well enough, but not use it at any advance level.. I've... 
Posted December 21, 2010 11:20:51 AM
Is savant self-training possible? It might be possible, there are stories throughout histories of ascetics/mystics who through training in "mystical" schools again extraordinary mental abilities.. A more modern take using psychoactive substances and bio-feedback it might be possible.... 
Posted December 20, 2010 5:00:24 PM
Recommend Wii/PS3 Games to play with my wife? If your looking for a somewhat casual experience something which non-gamers can get into I hear Heavy Rain is very watchable like a TV show.. Perhaps you can take turns playing a persona? Ie You can play Ethan while she can play the reporter lady.. y... 
Posted December 16, 2010 12:59:06 AM
Dear America Rich people didn't become rich by giving away 2% here and there. It's all on the margins.. manage your money right and if you luck out you can probably retire by 30.. That's how you become rich in America anyways.. :) -ddn 
Posted December 16, 2010 12:56:13 AM
Trading Federal Income Tax Cut for SS payroll tax cut. Good idea? What that graph tell u is several things. The lower tax brackets ie the middle class / lower class are experiencing double taxation under the guise of "Social Security" which is insolvent either way.. So about 50% of the average worker in the US r... 
Posted December 14, 2010 3:28:11 AM
Stimulus Oh China has its bubbles alright, but the issue is the vast majority of Chinese cash isn't tied up in them. It's foreign money, seeking a safe haven during the economic crisis, China was a beacon of hope so money flooded into the market. Who do you t... 
Posted December 14, 2010 3:04:14 AM
View All Replies Made By This User