Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know sybixsus...  
Full Name  
Nickname sybixsus 
State/Province, Country Hampshire   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Portchester, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.starsentineltactics.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Game Developer 
Job Description Programming, Design, Writing, Art Direction, I do it all. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1075  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/19/2006 3:02:56 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Problem with Funnel Algorithm I'm trying to implement the funnel algorithm to find the best path through a channel of polygons. I think I understand the algorithm but I've found a situation that it cannot handle correctly, which leads me to think that my understanding must be inc... 
Posted February 16, 2010 5:46:25 PM
Experienced Programmer/Designer/Writer Looking For New Challenge Team name: It's just me. If one is required, you will provide it or we will arrange it after you take me on. (If you're not paying me, you will provide the team, period.) Project name: No project in mind. Surprise me. Brief descript... 
Posted November 22, 2009 6:28:49 PM
Star Sentinel Tactics Star Sentinel Tactics is a squad-level turn-based tactics game I've been working on for some time. I'm the lone developer, although I've had some freelancers helping with some of the artwork and all of the music, and I'm hoping to have it comple... 
Posted September 22, 2009 6:40:00 PM
Star Sentinel Tactics - Playable Alpha Hi, I posted a trailer for this a while back, and while I'm improving that before releasing it officially, I'd like to get some eyes on a playable alpha version of the game. It's a scifi-themed squad-level turn-based tactics game, with tr... 
Posted August 12, 2009 7:36:03 PM
Creating Lua Classes My current game uses Lua a lot for scripting events, the GUI, and cutscenes, and I intend to use it even more for my next game. However, I think I might not be doing things the right way with my beginners understanding of Lua. My game engine is objec... 
Posted July 28, 2009 11:26:41 PM
Star Sentinel Tactics Trailer Hi, I've been working on a trailer for Star Sentinel Tactics, a game I'm developing. It's a promotional video, rather than a gameplay video, and I'm interested in any and all feedback before I finalize and release it. I hope to release a game... 
Posted July 17, 2009 5:39:11 PM
Static Linking and LGPL I'm not really a beginner but this certainly feels like beginner question on the subject. I'm a bit confused about what precisely constitutes static linking. Typically you two parts of a dynamic link library: the DLL and either a libx.a if it... 
Posted July 13, 2009 6:28:07 PM
Outlining Meshes (PostProcess?) I'm just about finishing funtionally with my game, and I'm looking to add one or two nice touches. One thing I would like to be able to do is draw a colored outline around certain objects. Now the important thing to know here is that I might... 
Posted May 1, 2009 12:47:04 PM
Correct Data Structure for VertexBuffers I'm using DX9, but I don't see any reason this would be API-specific, and it's a fairly basic question, so beginners seemed like the right place. I'm (re)learning C++ and getting started with DirectX, having used a few 3D engines, but never done t... 
Posted February 4, 2009 1:00:15 PM
Rendering a D3DXMESH With a Shader (D3D9) This is very basic, so possibly could have gone in beginners but it's DX9 specific, so I thought it was probably better suited to here. I'm writing a very simple 3D engine with D3D9. I can load meshes, position, rotate, scale, etc and I can render... 
Posted January 28, 2009 6:43:19 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Looking for a experienced game programmer to guide a small team To be honest, you're really going to struggle with this. A 2D tower defense game simply doesn't need three programmers. An experienced programmer who can "guide you through the whole process of developing a game" doesn't need two extra programmers wh... 
Posted December 25, 2010 7:40:18 PM
Red Gun Looks very nice. Made with Shiva? How did you find developing for iOS? 
Posted December 3, 2010 9:36:22 PM
I wish to get experience with iPhone development iPhone development is MacOS only. I'm sure there are some less-than-reputable tools which allow iPhone development on Windows, but the reputable ones won't because they incur the Apple wrath (and if you know what Steve Jobs in a bad mo... 
Posted December 1, 2010 7:03:48 PM
[ADV] - Savage Torpor - Seeking Team Members I might be interested, but I have to ask: You say that neither of you have worked on any projects before. What qualifies either of you to be lead designers? Oh, and why is C++ a requirement? I develop for Mac, Windows and iOS, but I don't use... 
Posted November 20, 2010 3:42:46 PM
Proposal before actual help wanted post. Quote:Original post by ValorBlades I've yet to get permission from Capcom or anything. The rules clearly state that you may not post here until you do. Quote:Oh, and, yes, I know I have to follow the template, but this is just a suggestion/propo... 
Posted August 8, 2010 3:51:28 PM
Unique Idea - Storywriters/programmers/artists needed Given that you have "no previous work" to show, what qualifies you to be project manager? Project manager isn't a job you do if you can't do anything else, it's a job you do if you actually have the skills and experience to make it happen. Frankly... 
Posted August 7, 2010 3:03:19 PM
[PAID] GUI artist / Photoshop dude is looking for project Really nice work, Raul. Have you posted this on the Indiegamer forums as well? I couldn't see you there, and it might be a good place to pick up jobs. 
Posted August 5, 2010 8:36:14 PM
hello, is there any engine can support both pc,xbox and iphone? Quote:Original post by Zahlman What kind of game can you even make that makes sense on both xbox and iphone? The xbox has a controller and the iphone has a touch screen. The game design for user interface is completely different. You can mak... 
Posted August 1, 2010 8:49:25 PM
Looking for people for game dev! Allow me to save your company some money. It is not possible to "copy right" a name, so don't send off any checks to the US Copyright office for that one. Names can be trademarked but not divulging the name actually makes that harder. If someone... 
Posted July 30, 2010 2:43:18 PM
What Language/Tech for a facebook app? Quote:Original post by DemirugThe problem with unity is that it needs another plugin. This will fear about 50% of the player away. Do you have some evidence to back up this statistic or is it just another magic number? 
Posted June 30, 2010 3:01:36 PM
View All Replies Made By This User