Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Downer...  
Full Name Derek Downer
Nickname Downer 
State/Province, Country Ontario   Canada
GD Gathering City Ingersoll, Ontario, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL N/A 
ICQ ID Dont use ICQ anymore. 
AIM ID I only use MSN Messenger 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1028  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/28/2005 10:18:57 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
mathmatically generated shield effects Im making a 3D arcade style flight sim. Currently restricted to a single plane. What I want to try to do is generate a series of points of a sphere, but only a single hemisphere, say 30% of the entire sphere, and I want it to generate the p... 
Posted May 11, 2006 8:53:19 AM
My GG3D game and the Help I need with it. Hi, Im new to the GameDev.net but have rather enjoyed it. This first line is just a friendly hello and thank you for taking your time to read this thread. I created this thread for two reasons really, the first being a desprate attempt to get some... 
Posted February 5, 2006 3:57:32 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
mathmatically generated shield effects With that idea, which I do like, the way a single shot is right now is it is a cluster of particles, about 15-20 and if I did star trek style phasors it would be a stream of them, how might I go about handling the large hit quantaties ... should... 
Posted May 11, 2006 9:45:12 AM
line of sight From what I got reading the distance is also an issue, you could setup a view cut of distance so if the target is beyond X feet/metres or what ever measure you dont check as many rays, or no rays at all ... you can also have this be progressive with... 
Posted May 11, 2006 9:22:39 AM
Recursion in Recursion in Recursion... Assuming you were not interested in passing in a functor(pointer to a function ) then it seems to that: The problem isnt that the question isnt being answered, its that the answers are not being seen the way the answerer intended. As I read thro thi... 
Posted April 13, 2006 6:08:08 PM
Pointer Question Seeing as how everything I post seems to result in a post of someone bashing what I have said rathen then a post to try and help this problem get solved, Im going to bow, appologies to TSCrusader, I hope what I had said helped you at least get closer... 
Posted February 15, 2006 12:15:38 AM
2d Projectile At least your heading steadily in the right direction ... the proglem with them followin the chars direction ... do they have their own direction data or just borrow from the mario ... if they borrow from mario then they should store in themselves af... 
Posted February 15, 2006 12:02:08 AM
2d Projectile You could use a timer that has to be greater then say ... X where X is the number of seconds you want between each shot ... i.e. 0.6f and I say 0.6f becuase I like to use floats its easy to do, if ( its been long enough ) fire ; sinceLastFireTime... 
Posted February 14, 2006 12:37:57 AM
Pointer Question it is a scope problem like I said, just before Rip-of ripped into me ... and while they do the same thing they way the compiler goes about doing it is slightly different thats all I said. I then stated it prolly scope. you have a function void MD3... 
Posted February 14, 2006 12:16:59 AM
Pointer Question Since your using pointsers rather then -> to get to variables, which seem public you could, * ... ie ( *m ).Vertices[curr_offset_vertex + vertidx].Vec[0] * 0.015625f; this way rather then following thru the pointer you are saying resolve t... 
Posted February 13, 2006 10:37:21 AM
2d Projectile I like your screens, please make luigi a big deal in your game, he is so under sold in mario games. anyway back to suggestions. With my suggestion of fly wheeling the texture and render parts I also made a class for the textures one for each loo... 
Posted February 10, 2006 3:06:53 AM
Custom Data in 3DS Max? If your using 3DSMax 7, and had it installed when installing the DirectX SDK it adds an export to .X option. when doing this it automatically keeps any animations you made to your model. it just becomes a matter of having your game then execute the a... 
Posted February 9, 2006 9:13:56 AM
View All Replies Made By This User