Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know eedok...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname eedok 
State/Province, Country Alberta   Canada
GD Gathering City Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://geekswhoshower.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1550  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/16/2003 12:24:19 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/eedok/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
RIP Torque and Gamebryo Sources: Emergent Technologies to Liquidate Assets Instant Action winding down operations Could kind of see why both of these are going down, Bethesda was a big customer for Gamebryo, but since the Id Buyout I don't see them buying out a company... 
Posted November 11, 2010 3:45:02 PM
Spate An action puzzle I made back in April of last year. The gameplay is sort of similar to Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon in where you need to match 3+ of the same type of block to clear them, but it has a few twists. First you can move the blocks in any dir... 
Posted June 17, 2010 9:51:06 PM
Separating Axis Problem(not working on non-AABB) I have 2 collision poly's as defined as such: package { import flash.geom.Point; public class CollisionPoly { public var points:Array; public var edges:Array; public function CollisionPoly(vertexes:Array):void { this.poi... 
Posted November 4, 2009 5:06:59 PM
Converting wav's to mp3's I'm trying to make a tool to convert wav's to mp3's then send out a notification when it's done. (The wav's will always be 44100Hz 16-bit Stereo files) My first attempt was to link to JMF then attempt to do this: public void wavToMP3(String wa... 
Posted September 29, 2009 2:55:50 PM
Java equivelant to AS3's sound.extract()? I'm trying to port some Actionscript code to Java, and I'm looking for a way to get an array of frequencies in a format where it's 1 float per sample per channel and there's 2 channels from an mp3 file. Anyone have an example available on how... 
Posted August 31, 2009 5:48:17 PM
Speed up GDI drawing? EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm using .NET Compact Framework 3.5 I'm trying to make a pixel editor where when you zoom in on the pixels it looks like this: I've got this looking right but it bogs down the performance of the application by a lot... 
Posted August 12, 2009 10:08:23 PM
time based movement code messed up trying to make a proper movement function for a multiplayer game, only problem is it seems to be giving different results over the same amounts of time depending on the number of times the function is called, using this code: const MAX_C... 
Posted April 30, 2009 12:34:59 AM
Spate a flash action-puzzler Linky, it's probably my favorite game I've done so far. I also had some help from Trevuar25 who created the music for a very good rate. 
Posted April 5, 2009 12:49:52 PM
Survive the Angry Robots [Flash Game] I just finished up a game where the object of the game is to survive 1 minute rounds against ever increasing waves of attacking robots, it also has an upgrade system to aid in your robot survival needs. Play it here 
Posted January 1, 2009 9:32:11 PM
Good/Useful Windows Mobile Apps? I just bought my first smartphone (an HTC Touch Pro), and I'm just wondering if there's any apps I should know about to throw on it as I know there's a few Windows Mobile fans here 
Posted November 21, 2008 11:48:05 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Where to buy eBooks? O'reilly, Packt Pub and Sitepoint all have ebooks for sale straight from the publisher 
Posted December 29, 2010 12:40:34 PM
Unity Game Contest The demo is kind of funny, the first part of this video is me experimenting to see how they deal with slopes with their dynamic foot placement, and the 2nd part of the video is just something I thought was funny after the model got tangled up: http:... 
Posted December 23, 2010 12:45:11 AM
*(*#^$#!@ Thief! it's why you leave latitude on by default, sure it lowers your battery time, but when you lose your phone it's just a matter of looking at google maps to find where it went 
Posted December 5, 2010 11:47:59 PM
Pokemon ... Yu-Gi-Oh ... What's the best trading card battle game? I was in elementary school when I started playing Magic, it's definitely the most fun CCG I've played 
Posted November 26, 2010 9:13:48 PM
Minecraft Clone Screenshots? 
Posted November 15, 2010 10:17:00 AM
Street Fighter One also remember that for some strange reason the home version was called fighting street 
Posted November 13, 2010 1:35:14 AM
RIP Torque and Gamebryo There's also 3D world studio, and Shiva 
Posted November 11, 2010 6:43:39 PM
Survival Games? don't forget the Lost in Blue series 
Posted November 7, 2010 6:35:31 PM
OMG Facebook games :( There's this multiplayer RPG called Battle Realms at War that looks like a legitimate game 
Posted November 7, 2010 6:08:35 PM
Forum Issue +1 also having this issue 
Posted October 11, 2010 10:54:29 PM
View All Replies Made By This User